Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PS3 $500 Euros
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PS3 $500 Euros  (Read 3570 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:40 PM »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147148.html

Yup. Well at least now our European bretheren can start saving their cash, though I bet there are a handful out there that have well over that much.

So....should be about $599 USD here. Maybe....hopefully no more.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »

$599? I think they're more likely to price it at $499 in the US, to be honest. With the Xbox360 Premium package priced at $399, I think many "less hardcore" consumers would opt not to buy a PS3 if they see that the price difference is a hefty $200.

And the Euro price will probably be 499 ($613). Ah, I do love living in Europe. Not only do we have to pay more for out stuff, in most cases we also have the luxery of recieving them later.

But yeah, those are just my thoughts as a person who don't know anything at all about business. They might as well price the PS3 at $799 for all I know.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »

That's about 350. They'll probably bung it up to 399, which means I won't be getting one for quite a while!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:20:23 PM »

Not surprised at all. After all PlayStation 2 originally went on sale for more than 400 euros as well. European gamers always have to pay more for hard- and software than their American counterparts. So the likely price tag of 499 euros was pretty much expected.

Not sure about the US pricing, though. My guess is Sony Computer Entertainment will probably stick with the good old tradition of selling the console for less in the States. $499 USD would already be an insanely high price tag for American standards, I guess.  

Personally I'm more interested in the Japanese price tag, though. My guess is 59,800 yen. Since there won't be a lot of games I care for, available during the first few months, I will wait until the first price drop.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »

Well, there has been plenty of speculation that it will be expensive.

As for me, I'll wait for a price drop or two. Of course that is also considering that I'll actually want one.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 09:11:59 PM »

Wow, 600 bucks?

Sony can go eat shit.

Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 09:12:19 PM »

Since the system's reported to launch region-free earlier in Asian and North American territories, wouldn't it make sense for Europeans to just import it for less?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:47:39 PM »

Quote from: "Phoenix's Rage"
Since the system's reported to launch region-free earlier in Asian and North American territories, wouldn't it make sense for Europeans to just import it for less?

There's the whole PAL display thing - maybe that'll be resolved with the system, but I'm doubting it.

Keep in mind that this is coming with a 60 GB hard drive, as well as the blu ray thing. At this point, the best I think we can hope for is a $500 price point. :P
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

OH GOD
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:38:47 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Keep in mind that this is coming with a 60 GB hard drive, as well as the blu ray thing. At this point, the best I think we can hope for is a $500 price point. :P

$500 for a blu-ray player? Sounds like a fuckin plan to me, since Sony's first player is slated for $999.

PS3 = Win. Yeah it's expensive, but for the next-gen dvd player and a cutting edge game console......eh I'll manage. Since it's apparently coming loaded with Linux on that 60GB HDD.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 07:52:50 PM »

Georges Fornay was mistranslated and misunderstood says Sony.

So I guess we're back to square one, then.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 08:02:42 PM »

Yeah, well....now there's no way I'm buying this thing at release price.

I'll probably just buy the games that I want for it, and buy the console once it gets within my price range :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:43:18 PM »

The idea that Fornay's mention of 499 to 599 Euro price ranges was an indication of the PS3's price point is "a mistranslation or misunderstanding of the discussion, which was actually focused on the relative value of PS3 as a Bluray Disc player," according to SCEE corporate communications director Nick Sharples.

Wow Sony sure has high expectations on the price point of a blu-Ray player.

And if what this Nick Sharples is saying is actually true....then this means $900 is still on the table. oh joy.

Yay....PS3 = WIN

This just in!

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060406-6544.html

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 02:04:09 AM »

Is Nintendo the only one doing things right?

Cause I can't afford that shit.

That being said, i'm worried about this. I could give a shit about Blu-ray, and all of it's expensive friends; 60 gig hard drive and sweet graphics with kick ass action missles. I just want to play MGS:4, KH3 and FFXIII, and all the other kick ass RPGs/games that are sure to come out for it. This bums me out, I guess i'll just have to wait a couple years for it to drop to $299 or something.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 04:27:31 AM »

I don't have a $3000 TV for these new graphics to make any difference for me anyway.

This system price just makes me even further disinterested.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: