Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PS3 $500 Euros
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PS3 $500 Euros  (Read 3135 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:47 AM »

I won't buy a PS3 during the first year for sure. Games will probably be boring during the first year. As usually, there will be a fighting game to promote the system (certainly Tekken)...

I will probably wait for Metal Gear 4 and a good RPG before to buy a PS3. The price will certainly lower by then.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 04:17:31 PM »

My slack ass just finished my taxes. I am getting back 1,315.87 from good old Uncle Sam. Should be pleanty to get me a PS3. We all know that there wont be shit for games for at least a year, so that will give me some time to get my PS2 backlog in check and maybe Tekken 25 or whatever the fuck launches with the system.

I will throw my hat in the ring and say that the PS3 will be more of the same. Can anyone guess how many DVD players I have bought since 2000? Exactly, one. I wouldnt have gave a shit about DVDs to be honest if I didnt own a PS2 (well, not an early adopter anyway). PS3 will be the same for Blue-Ray. If HD-DVD wins out in the long run? Who fucking cares, I have my favorite RPG franchises going next gen to keep me company.

I like to think that everyone on these boards are pretty hardcore RPG lovers and gamers in general. I am sure we all spend quite the fortune on our games, so what is 600 bucks for a shiny, new PS3? I spend 200 bucks A MONTH on games alone. If I started saving now, come Xmas, I will have one. Simple as that.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »

I'm not touching the PS3 until it's been out at least a year. Usually that's all it takes for the good games to come out, but I hate the feeling of getting a brand new, shiny, expensive system... And being bored to tears with it because I don't have anything to play on it that's either good or I haven't beaten in a short period of time. We do spend a fortune on games, I'm sure, but we can sit down and enjoy those games right away - buying a PS3 right off the bat instead of those games is an investment, not something you'll enjoy right away. The price is an important factor, but what games are out at the time are more significant to me - and if this follows the example of virtually every other console, espicially the PS2, it'll be worth picking up come fall 2007.

Plus I want to get the Revolution. Screw it if there's next to no good new games to play, I can download an assload of old games that I want to play (again). :P
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »

Quote from: "Haven"
 I spend 200 bucks A MONTH on games alone.

Jesus. That's about how much I've spent on games in the last two years.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 09:20:13 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Quote from: "Haven"
 I spend 200 bucks A MONTH on games alone.

Jesus. That's about how much I've spent on games in the last two years.

Well, consider that I pay 30 bucks a month for WoW.(GF's account included) I am a bit of a collector, so I usually buy about 3 games a month. I really should take a picture of my collection, it would shock you.

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 02:07:55 AM »

Curious. do it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: