Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319652 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Care to guess who's back with Iced Earth?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Care to guess who's back with Iced Earth?  (Read 1198 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »

It's like a fucking revolving door, I swear to God. :P

Iced Earth hasn't been the same since Barlow left.  I fucking approve.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »

So Tim Owens is just kicked out? Kind of harsh.

I'm pretty surprised, to be honest. In the latest edition of Terroriser there's an interview with Schaffer, and he spends the whole thing basically badmouthing Matt Barlow and saying how much better Tim is:

"I'm tired of the whole Owens-Barlow debate, it's bullshit. Matt's not coming back. Tim has done a fantastic job on the last two albums and he's here to stay."

Mr Schaffer is a bit of a liar :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »

Jon Schaeffer's still a douchebag.  Ripper Owens got shafted again.  Guy needs to form his own band so he won't get kicked out when the old singer returns.  What's going to happen with Matt Barlow and Pyramaze now?  

But the whole cattiness isn't new in rock bands.  When Vince Neil was kicked out of Motley Crue and replaced with John Corabi, Nikki was not at all shy about badmouthing Vince and the sentiment was mutual.  Corabi was an excellent musician, but not right for the Crue.  So Vince was brought back in.  I have mad respect for Corabi, though.  After reading The Dirt, he impressed me with his professionalism and good attitude.

Regardless, yeah, Burnt Offerings= my favorite Iced Earth album.

I approve of this nonsense!
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »

This is truly great news in time for Christmas.  Ever since Barlow left I just got kinda "eh" about Iced Earth. I'd like to see a couple of songs on "The Glorious Burden" (which reminds me I haven't heard the newest Wicked album yet) redone with Matt.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I am so excited!!!

I love Ripper, but...  Well, yeah, Matt!

Now let's all hope that Something Wicked II is more like Night of the Stormrider and less like the Glorious Burden.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:56:44 PM »

Burden, supposedly being written for Barlow most definitely did not do anything for Ripper in my books as it was a horrible album and his performance wasn't that great. Framing Armageddon I thought was much better vocally (musically it was mixed, I'm not one of hte people that say that all IE songs are the same, but Ten Thousand Strong was totally the same as some other song, from Horror Show that I totally can't remember for some reason, pretty sure I'm thinking of Frankenstein).

I'm looking forward to the next album even more than before.

And Dincrest, wasn't Winter's Bane Owen's own band? I don't feel like researching to back that up so I'm probably wrong and come to think of it it was probably just a band that he happened to be in.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »

Quote from: "Adapheon"

And Dincrest, wasn't Winter's Bane Owen's own band? I don't feel like researching to back that up so I'm probably wrong and come to think of it it was probably just a band that he happened to be in.

I wouldn't know.  If so, then I stand corrected.  Still, in my mind he got the boot from Priest when Halford came back and now got the boot from Iced Earth now that Barlow's back.  The guy has skill and talent, but some rotten luck.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: