Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:42:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327560 Posts in 13411 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 72463 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: July 09, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »

Transformers = amazing if you rename it giant robots beating ten bales of sh*t out of eachother. As a piece of the TF universe... Kinda meh. I like this recent trend toward playing on the 'Robots in Disguise' theme, as seen in the IDW comics. It would've been nice to see more 'classic' character designs, and was it me or did Bonecrusher, Devestator and Starscream just appear from nowhere? I know it's explained in the preview comics, but who (apart from me :P ) read them???

Typical Michael Bay fare, more in line with 'The Island' than 'Armageddon', though, thank f*ck!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: July 09, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Unlike you suckers, I didn't see Transformers, I saw Shaolin Soccer!

SS was truer to Transformers than Transformers was.

I saw the Descent tonight. It was better than I expected, having no expectations at all.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
the2na

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: July 11, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »

*High Fives Lard*

You're the only other person I know that didn't like Transformers.

It was horrible, I camped out for it and everything and I wanted to cry after I saw it.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: July 12, 2007, 03:50:01 AM »

Quote from: "ME!!!!"
Transformers = amazing if you rename it giant robots beating ten bales of sh*t out of eachother. As a piece of the TF universe... Kinda meh.

Yeah, said it again. TF fans expecting a TF film will be disappointed. I expected that, though. Especially with Michael Bay directing, and the character designs. I took it for granted that it was going to be as far removed from the original Transformers I know and love as some of this Energon/Armada/Cybertron shite they're churning out nowadays.

Quote from: "Lard"
I saw the Descent tonight. It was better than I expected, having no expectations at all.

Was it the US or UK version you saw? UK version is much creepier throughout, and has a much more ambiguous (and better) ending!

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: July 13, 2007, 08:44:56 PM »

I finally got to see the Spongebob movie in its entirety on TV.  Man, what an amazing movie.  It was epic and totally hysterical.  It was the creme de la creme of anything Spongebob.  I loved the ending.  How could I not love an ending where
Code:
Spongebob in a wizard costume plays a righteous guitar solo harnessing the power of rock & roll
to save the town.  And I have to say,
Code:
the Hasselhoff scenes
were hysterical.

I'm a gigantic Spongebob fan to begin with, when I do voice imitations my Spongebob is the most requested one, I even have a 5th grade student who calls me Spongebob (I don't think she even knows my real name.)  Spongebob rules!  Spongebob is the best cartoon character to come out in decades.  All hail Spongebob!

So... where was I going with this again?
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »

I agree with you, but I haven't been able to see the movie yet :(

[/url]
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: July 14, 2007, 02:20:01 AM »

All im going to say are anyone who goes to see a movie because its based on something they loved shouldn't, cause all you people seem to do is bitch and moan like a fucking 13 year old emo kid you all so lovingly hate.

I thought transformers was a fun movie.  It was Transformers enough for me to enjoy it as that, and as just an action packed robot movie.  I think people are fucking moronic to think that if a movie is based off some non movie franchise, it should be perfect to the T, as though created freedom DOESNT FUCKING EXIST ANYMORE. WELL YOUR WRONG DUMBASSES.

Sorry, im just so fucking pissed at everyone bitching about every fucking thing thats come out lately cause it doesn't live up to their monolithic expectations.  Its like, if your going to bitch about everything cause it doesn't live up to whatever you wanted it to, then either start expecting everything to suck, or don't bother with it AT ALL.

GAHH.

Have to say I was fairly impressed with teen guy's performance in the movie.  I thought he was going to be alot worse than he turned out to be, and Megan Fox, never knew about her before, but now..rwwwawwwwrrr :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 14, 2007, 02:32:18 AM »

Geez, it seems that movie's got the ability to make people fight way more than they really should. I had fun with it, but I can see why people don't like it, and it had issues anyway purely separate from "IT'S NOT THE TRANSFORMERS I REMEMBER LOVING!", such as the designs making it almost necessary to rewatch the movie to really get whose who in some of the fight scenes, and most of the humor was stupid, some of it was an enjoyable stupid, and some was just stupid.

If you want a really good movie you're probably better off watching something else anyway. Ratatouille's pretty good but it doesn't seem like many people here watched it.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: July 14, 2007, 04:41:26 AM »

Yeah, I haven't seen people this defensive over a movie in a while. I mean Michael Bay is a hack so I can see where some of the criticism could come from. I haven't seen, and don't wish to see it, so I won't comment on its quality. It just seems odd to see people getting so passionate defending a movie like this, usually it's like fanboys of stuff like Starwars or LotR, getting like this, but it seems casual people are getting defensive here.

Ratatouille looks cool though. It's honestly the first movie this year from mainstream cinema that's piqued my interest, and I don't usually like talking animal movies.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: July 14, 2007, 08:11:58 AM »

I definitely want to see Ratatouille.  I mean, it's Pixar and I've loved every Pixar movie that's come down the pike.  

I hear the Simpsons movie is coming out at the end of the month.  I still think The Simpsons is the greatest TV show to ever exist and its longetivity is proof of that.  That's one movie I definitely have to see.  

I do want to see Transformers as well.  Though I can't stand Michael Bay's directing (he spams the hell out of the "shaky camera" thing in action scenes), and I know I'll likely take issue with some things since the Transformers cartoon and toys were the absolute best part of my childhood (well, until Nintendo), but hopefully the giant robots presented there can be cool in their own right.  

I still think the best thing Michael Bay ever directed was that "I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)" video by Meat Loaf.

So... where was I going with this again?
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: July 14, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »

Ratatouille- I enjoyed it.  It was wholesome, and deliciously entertaining.  Pardon the pun ><.

Plus there a few scenes in it I absolutely loved, Pixar does a good job with all its films really, even if they can be seen as somewhat kiddy at times, they are still a blast to watch, and ill be happy to admit it.  I dont think ive seen every movie they have released, but ive seen quite a few, and ive never been dissapointed.

And apologies about the previous, I again was just fed up with all the constant bickering about stuff, and then, being the hypocrite I am, added to the blazing nuclear world spanning inferno haha.  Ahh well, it was like 4 in the morning so thats my excuse...Whats yours? *deep gravely voice*

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: July 14, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »

Oh, I saw Die Hard 4.0 (as it's called over here) earlier in the week, and actually really liked it. My expectations were really low, so that helped. The action set-pieces were great, although began to get a little silly towards the end. They did a good job of making it a Die Hard film, with all the necessary franchise trademarks. The only thing really wrong with it was the villains. They were...dull, but with the potential to be really good. The main villain is not a patch on Alan Rickman or Jeremy Irons.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Kyotin
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: July 14, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »

I was forced to take my brother and sister to see Harry Potter.

It's funny, they turned the worst book into the best movie.

Easily the best part was
Code:
Everyone is using wands and magic and crap in the last fight, then Sirius comes and just decks some guy in the face

That didn't really ruin any part of the movie, but using code makes it seem cooler

Then I watched Shaun of the Dead again

Classic
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: July 15, 2007, 05:25:57 AM »

Watched The Labyrinth last night. It was quite good! Possibly the weirdest film I've seen recently, but that's probably because of David Bowie. I just can't get that "Dance, Magic, Dance" song out of my head. :P

Also saw "Sangam" (yeah, I watch old Hindi films). It was pretty classic. The whole love triangle concept may be overdone, but the film was entertaining nonetheless.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: July 17, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »

Quote from: "Evil Gately"

Quote from: "Lard"

Was it the US or UK version you saw? UK version is much creepier throughout, and has a much more ambiguous (and better) ending!

We saw the UK version with the better ending. :D

In the last 24 hours I've seen

The Last Man on Earth (based on I Am Legend) starring Vincent Price. Good except for the last 10 minutes or so. Better than that Will Smith crap will ever be.

Ladyhawke - great movie, terrible soundtrack.

Die Hard 4 - Rubbish. I've never watched any of them before, so I went with no expectations and wasn't disappointed. At least I don't have to watch the other 3....as they're all exactly the same.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: