Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 06:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338700 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 75585 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Boondock Saints -
I'm conflicted on this one. I think I liked it, but there was a lot wrong with the film. Perhaps there was just too much implausible stuff happening for my logical mind to deal with.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2006, 12:52:08 PM »

Personally, I think that's the thing i like about that movie. The fact that it's SO over the top and SO implausible kinda makes me enjoy it more. I've seen too many realistic action movies and a flick like this kinda stands out to me.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2006, 03:55:46 PM »

Superman Returns and Pirates 2. One thing I think they got wrong was time between Superman 3 and this film. They said something about 5 years since they last saw superman, but it was a lot longer ago than that since Cristopher Reeve last played Superman. And if people had started using camera phones, then everyone from the previous movies would be about 40 or 50.
Code:
And Lex Luthor would probably have finished at least one of his life sentences, rather than having to get some old lady to get him out.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »

You are a very very slow person.

50 DKP MINUS!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2006, 04:46:22 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Personally, I think that's the thing i like about that movie. The fact that it's SO over the top and SO implausible kinda makes me enjoy it more. I've seen too many realistic action movies and a flick like this kinda stands out to me.

I was definitely entertained. Plus, I rarely spend time with the extras for movies, but as soon as it was over I was watching deleted scenes and stuff like that. I don't do that with movies that suck.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2006, 03:11:07 AM »

Last year's Match Point had me eager to see Woody Allen's new movie Scoop, and luckily I was able to catch an early showing of it tonight. It was a great movie, but overall I think I prefer Match Point over it, since, in this one, there were a couple moments that weren't built upon, and were just there to move the story along. But the acting was excellent (especially Scarlett Johansson, as usual), and I still highly recommend it.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2006, 03:37:03 AM »

I've been wanting to watch MirrorMask for quite a while already and finally got around to it last night. It was a nice movie. The plot was interesting and the story flow itself was very entertaining. I was wowed by the visuals; going back to real life afterwards felt so mundane (colour-wise). :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2006, 08:58:42 AM »

Die Hard.

Yep.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2006, 09:24:40 AM »

So I finally watched V for Vendetta. It was pretty good. I haven't read much of the comic, so can't really compare the two. But I was a little disappointed that Evy didn't
Code:
pick up V's mask to wear herself
at the end. Also didn't like the continous shots of
Code:
the people in the crowd taking of their masks. Yeah yeah, we already GET the point that everyone can be V because he's an idea, not a man
. Other than that, not much to complain about.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »

i just watch silent hill movie, i don,t play any game but the film is nice

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2006, 03:01:50 PM »

Robots - Very pretty, but generally pretty meh.

I had a stupid dream

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »

Clerks II was great. They had a King Diamond song in it.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »

Heat - Very, very good film. I had watched it before, but hadn't paid full attention. Both Pacino and De Niro are superb, and the action is just amazing; that shoot out really is a classic, it was extremely intense. However, I think I still like Collateral better. I recognise that in many ways, Heat is a better film. But there's something about Collateral that I just really love. I think it's how it's shot, it creates such a great atmosphere throughout the whole film. Better use of music too. But anyway, both are great.

Valiant - This was pretty fun, and good because it was about pigeons :P Ricky Gervais tried his hardest to ruin the whole thing, and nearly succeeded, but the other voice actors were good enough to stop him.

I'm now watching Unleashed. The action so far is quite cool, but otherwise it seems a bit meh. I'll probably stop watching pretty soon.

I had a stupid dream

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2006, 07:15:42 PM »

Monster House -  It is a good film, but it is not a film for little kids.  Jokes will go over their heads and they will probably be scared (like the horrible crying kid sitting behind me in the theater).    

I've been on an Asian movie kick lately.  I saw Il Mare which is the original Korean movie that Cabin on the Lake was based on.  I haven't seen the Hollywood version but I will check it out since I loved Il Mare.  It is a beautiful film.  

Another Korean movie I saw was Bungee Jumping of Their Own.  Yeah, it wasn't what I expected.  It's a love story between a man and woman who fall in love at first sight.  Well she dies so cut 17 years later and the guy is a high school teacher and the girl gets reincarnated as his 17 year old male student.  Yes that's right; she's a dude.  Completely threw me for a loop.  Anyways, it's a good movie.  

Last but certainly not least is Battle Royale.  I've heard a lot about this film and decided to finally check it out.  I loved it.  It probably would have had some more emotional impact if there was better character development for the students, but hey that's what the novel and manga are for. This has nothing to do with the quality of the movie, but the guy who plays Hiroki Sugimura is really cute.  :)

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2006, 02:35:08 AM »

FINALLY watched Superman Returns. Greatly enjoyed it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: