Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332959 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 74087 times)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »

Deg, it's also insane. So insane, in fact, that I haven't seen a more insane film in my life. And plus
Code:
John Cusack plays a bad guy. With long hair. That's fucking wrong, that is.
But yeah, it is a great film.

And you probably watched it on Film4, didn't you? I saw the adverts for it on that, but only because I watched some of the Studio Ghibli films they were showing. But I guess that ain't really important.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »

Snakes on a Plane I saw last night.

Fun movie. It was very obvious that the actors were enjoying themselves. It was roughly what I expected it to be, which wasn't what I THOUGHT it was going to end up being at all.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »

I too saw Snakes on a Plane.  It's a fun romp and much better than I expected.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2006, 06:32:53 AM »

Not sure whether to post this at the anime/manga journal or here, but I think Howl's Moving Castle is technically a film. :P

Loved it. Not in the same way I loved the book because it didn't really feel like Jones' world. It was Miyazaki's reality, that's why I loved it so much.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

Quote from: "CastNuri"
Not sure whether to post this at the anime/manga journal or here, but I think Howl's Moving Castle is technically a film. :P

Loved it. Not in the same way I loved the book because it didn't really feel like Jones' world. It was Miyazaki's reality, that's why I loved it so much.

Yeah, it looked like every Studio Ghibli film since 1985. But I think other films they've made, like say Princess Mononoke, are better because Miyazaki has made them up by himself - though often inspired by legends.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

Princess Mononoke was great film. I love Miyazaki's affinity for dark, gooey thingies (whatever you want to call them)...but my favourite will always be Spirited Away.

Haven't watched a lot of Studio Ghibli films though, so that may be an overstatement. :P

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2006, 02:40:57 PM »

Poseidon -  Not great but not bad.  I did see the original but I vaguely remember it so I can't really compare.  Well I can say that Kurt Russell is hotter than Ernest Borgnine.  

Hoot -  It was mediocre.  I'll stick to reading Hiassen's books.

Currently Reading: 

ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:57 AM »

Quote from: "CastNuri"

Haven't watched a lot of Studio Ghibli films though, so that may be an overstatement. :P

Me neither - i've only seen 6. Of the ones I've seen, Princess  Mononoke is the best I think, but that may change if I ever see Spirited Away.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2006, 12:31:51 PM »

Only 6?  I think that's quite a big number.  Anyways, my favs are Whisper of the Heart, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.  I missed Castle in the Sky when it came on TCM, but I caught a majority of the rest.

I'm back on my foreign drama kick.  I tried watching Turn Left, Turn Right, but I got frustrated because they kept missing each other.  Yeah I know that is the whole premise, but when the crazy other suitors came in, I lost it.  I just skipped ahead to see the unbelievable ending.  It stared  Takeshi Kaneshiro, the Onimusha guy.  He's pretty cute.

S-Diary -  This is a Korean comedy about love and revenge.  It was actually really good.  It's about a woman who is dumped and goes to find her past loves to see if they ever loved her.  So the first half of the movie is about her memories about meeting and falling in love/lust with her first 3 loves.  Then she goes to see them and sees that most seemed to have been using her for sex or money so she wants compensation for lost time and money.  Well when they refuse, she gets back at them in funny ways.  Still after she gets revenge, she still feels crappy and realizes she never was herself when she was with them. She would always change herself to be the person they wanted.  I totally relate to that.  So the part that got me most was showing some of the memories from the guys.  They weren't all that bad and they really did care at one point in time.  Lord knows I only remember the bad stuff with most of them; perhaps I should try to remember the good stuff too.

Currently Reading: 

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »

Watched Snakes on a Plane today.

That was a fun movie to watch! I found it funny that the censorship board over here cut out some of the swearing words...will probably get the DVD when it's out. Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious.

Code:
The look on his face, especially whenever he was in the cockpit, was priceless.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »

A Perfect Match -  Yes, I watched another Korean romantic comedy.  This one was about a woman who works at a match-making serivce but can't find a match for herself.  Then she meets this client who is always late, and is basically a bad date for the people he is set up with.  Anyways, of course she falls for him.  Cute/funny stuff ensues.  The main couple had good chemistry and I found it easy to root for them.

Currently Reading: 

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

Superman II - Wasn't sure if I'd actually seen this or not. Turned out that I had, but I remembered pretty much nothing of it. Anyway, it was pretty decent!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2006, 03:10:45 AM »

I just saw Snakes On a Plane with a few friends a couple hours ago.
I really enjoyed it, though, stereotype characters and all. Of course, two of my friends pissed me off due to them laughing at every single mother fucking (pun intended) moment of the film. I don't really see what's funny about Samuel L. Jackson tossing a Red Bull can onto a table, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »

Saw Blade Runner for the first time. It was awesome. I especially enjoyed the (somewhat shallow) moral conflict, as well as the sense of busyness that nearly every scene conveyed. In the future, too much stuff is going on at once.

My main complaint is the narration. My God, Harrison Ford is just *readiing* it!

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

Shooichi- you should definitely try to see Blade Runner Director's Cut.  The director's cut omits the annoying narration and the ending is completely different.  I found the ending in "regular" Blade Runner a tad hokey while the Director's Cut ending was a sucker punch.  

Director's Cut= the better Blade Runner.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: