Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327331 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 72224 times)
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »

I watched "Stay Alive" recently. It was an okay film...the acting wasn't very good, but I kind of enjoyed the first hour or so. The main character was cute.

It doesn't hold a candle to Fatal Frame, though. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2006, 07:26:38 AM »

A Clockwork Orange - Enjoyed this even more second time around. It's definitely showing it's age a bit, but Kubrick's so damn good that it doesn't matter :P

Battle Royale - Great movie just to watch with a few friends, despite having seen it far too many times.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »

Brick - Fantastic film. Visually, it's awe-inspiring, and the writing and acting are great as well. Not in a long time have I seen a script that creates its own slang and own way of speaking for the story. It makes the whole high-school film-noir setting much more believable.

Also, not a single curse word. That's creativity.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2006, 05:13:39 PM »

i just watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, i really enjoy watching this films, the history, the fights and the end was really good. I will watch it again soon only for the first fight xD

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

I watched Game OF Death and Fists of Fury today.. Bruce Lee is fun!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »

2001: A Space Odyssey

This movie just bored and confused me. Considering all the praise it's gotten over the years I was expecting something a bit more...watchable? interesting? I don't know.
Then again, I'm not much of a Kubrick fan.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2006, 06:06:22 AM »

2001 really is a marmite film. I personally love it, it's my favourite sci-fi film. I was helped by the fact that I saw it for the first time in the cinema, the way it's supposed to be seen.

I can give you a brief explanation of what the hell happens at the end, if you wish. I read the book in order to find out :P

I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien for the second time. It really is a fantastic film. It's amazing how it manages to be quite happy and upbeat, and incredibly depressing at the exact same time!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »

Watched The Weather Man for the first time. If anyone hasn't seen that movie, you owe it to yourself to at least rent it.

[/url]
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2006, 03:11:01 PM »

Just watched Superman Returns. Yeah, I'm a bit behind.

Liked it. It wasn't spectacular, but enjoyable enough. Lex Luthor's motive was fucking stupid, though. He finds a source of limitless power and all he wants to do with it is
Code:
create a new continent and then sell of the land?
Lame.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Just watched Superman Returns. Yeah, I'm a bit behind.

Liked it. It wasn't spectacular, but enjoyable enough. Lex Luthor's motive was fucking stupid, though. He finds a source of limitless power and all he wants to do with it is
Code:
create a new continent and then sell of the land?
Lame.

Im so happy to hear someone else think that. =3

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2006, 04:40:41 PM »

Just watched Sky Blue today. I'm not sure if it really counts as anime, as its not actually Japanese, but it would definitely count as a film.

The CG graphics kinda reminded me a bit of Advent Children, but it looked a bit odd to have the characters in anime-style when the rest of it wasn't. All in all, its a good film but the story is a bit cliche and the characters weren't that likeable. And i thought there was a bit too much action, but hey, all sci-fi films have too much action in them nowadays, so its not really a critiscism - AC had a lot more, and there was less to the story in that, too. And
Code:
they didn't need to kill off most of the characters at the end, did they?
Mr. Dark

Sephiroth8891
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »

Just got done watching Anchorman again... Great movie. Also watched Return of the King Extended cut about two days ago.

Some things are better left unsaid.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2006, 11:58:27 PM »

Bought/watched Closer. I've seen it before, but I gathered a little more on the subtlety and story the second time. I like it a lot. The best way I can describe it is a good movie about a bad story... and it really helps that the acting is uniformly fantastic (especially Clive Owen and Natalie Portman).

[/url]
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Bought/watched Closer. I've seen it before, but I gathered a little more on the subtlety and story the second time. I like it a lot. The best way I can describe it is a good movie about a bad story... and it really helps that the acting is uniformly fantastic (especially Clive Owen and Natalie Portman).

WTF?! You did just say what I thought you said about Natalie Portman and Clive Owen, right? Don't we all remember Clive Owen in King Arthur and Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta? I mean, they're okay in everything else, but "fantastic"? There's something slightly wrong about that... Having said that, Clive Owen looks like he might be alright in Children of Men - though I haven't seen the film yet, so I may be wrong.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

... Have you even seen Closer? :/

Clive Owen was part of the stage version long before the movie's production. Granted, he played the opposite character on stage, but he still had plenty of rehearsal. If that's not enough to satisfy you, maybe the Golden Globes he and Ms. Portman won for that flick will be. Or their Academy Award nominations. But I mean, who's to judge, right? Obviously you're the expert.

Just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time. Why I haven't seen it before I have no flipping clue. But, as expected, I loved it.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: