Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338541 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 75534 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »

It's in the Ghibli DVD collection, because my friend is collecting them all, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Ghibli.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »

Ramza
Code:
Yeah it was Wahlburg's character.  I'm not sure how he knew Matt Damon was the bad one.  Leo told the black guy to get Dignam so perhaps he didn't get the phone call in time or couldn't make it for some reason (I'm assuming the guy called him).  If he didn't call him, perhaps he did some digging himself since he is a detective, or maybe the woman gave the letter to him.  I'm assuming it was info about Matt being the mole.  Either way I'm sure she opened the letter.  How could she not?          

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »

I just picked up I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, a movie about Wilco, focusing on their creation of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It's beautifully shot by a black-and-white photographer, especially when there are shots of the band with Chicago as a backdrop. Besides this, it was fascinating to watch how the songs on Yankee Hotel transformed from folk songs to the deconstructed experiment pieces they eventually became. The live performances were also nice, but I would have liked to see performances of the YHF material. Still, I really enjoyed the movie, especially now that Wilco is in my top 5 favorite bands.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »

Just watched "Thank You For Smoking" with some of the siblings.

It was an interesting film, equipped with the sort of comedy I prefer over loud mouthed, in your face humour (note: Meet the Fokers, You Me and Dupree). Really liked it.

Looking forward to watching "The Prestige" after vacation. Doesn't seem that big a movie in Malaysia, but I hear it's great.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2006, 02:18:29 PM »

Stuck on You - I really like this movie. I think that despite having many of the standard Farrelly Brother gross-out staples, it manages to have quite endearing characters, acted well enough so that I actually care about what happens to them.

Hot Shots - Not as funny as I remember.

I had a stupid dream

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

Saw Marie Antoinette. It was... ok. Some parts really dragged on and the ending was a little lacking (at least for me). Kirsten Dunst seemed waaaaay out of place. And by way I mean way.

[/url]
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2006, 11:35:31 AM »

Wolf Creek - An Ok "horror" movie. I just couldn't buy the normal-looking Aussie guy in that role, though. Years and years of stigma ruined it for me.

Dr. Strangelove:dhsafhal;fhalFLAFJAFLA - Mildly amusing film. I was falling asleep, so I missed some of it, but the message was clear.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2006, 06:01:35 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Saw Marie Antoinette. It was... ok. Some parts really dragged on and the ending was a little lacking (at least for me). Kirsten Dunst seemed waaaaay out of place. And by way I mean way.

As much as I enjoy the director's work, I really can't get excited for this movie. I guess my money is better spent for The Prestige, which looks awesome.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2006, 11:55:28 AM »

I watched The Prestige tonight.

Figures that Christopher Nolan would direct a movie with this sort of chronology. It's a thinking person's movie, because you can't let your mind wander off too much. It's good to see Bale and Jackman together in a movie that really showcases their acting skills.

Anyways, I loved it. Advise you not to take a break or a trip to the loo during the screening.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2006, 03:17:06 PM »

I haven't gone to the toilet during a film since I was 6! I sat through Return of the King 5 times, no toilet breaks!

I'm interested in seeing The Prestige, it looks really good. I doubt I'll get to see it until it's out on DVD though.

I watched 16 Blocks. It was pretty decent, nothing special. Great concept, but plotwise they could have put a little more effort in I thought. Good performances all round though.

I had a stupid dream

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2006, 04:52:09 PM »

Saw III = rad.

Overall had more going for it than the first one, but I can't decide which one I like more. In my opinion, easily blows II out of the water.

[/url]
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2006, 08:32:41 PM »

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was on this past weekend and as with any Charlie Brown film, it's good.  The best part is when Lucy says, "It's hard being on a campaign.  You do all the work and the candidate gets all the credit.  You spend all this time making signs, making posters, building up the candidate's character... and then he goes and says something stupid."

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2006, 10:04:32 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Saw III = rad.

Overall had more going for it than the first one, but I can't decide which one I like more. In my opinion, easily blows II out of the water.

I Saw Saw Too.

Shit. :P

But, yeah. I had never seen a Saw movie before, but I've heard things, and I guess there were flashbacks to the previous two movies. My friend and I went, and we're underage, so we had to get one of our parents to go in with us, since there were guys blocking the entrance. But anyways, the movie was pretty...um... interesting? For a gorefest, it was quite good, and I was cringing mostly throughout.

I was not expecting that ending either. Daaaaayum.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2006, 12:58:13 AM »

Just got back from the Illusionist.

Ed Norton is great, as always.

Paul Giamatti is perfect, as usual.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »

The Prestige looks like it might be very good, coming from the guy behind Batman Begins and Memento, but if it has anything like the kind of plot-confusing-insanity that the latter had, I doubt I'd actually understand half of it. It's also based on a book, apparently - like Memento, too.

I've watched too many films recently, and all of them have been good for the most part. Even a film so testosterone-filled as The Longest Yard has some element of a story in it - though what the hell Adam Sandler was doing in it, I don't know. Apt Pupil is unsurprisingly depressing, considering the subject matter of Nazis, but is surprisingly well-acted and is made by the guy who did the X-Men movies - I wondered why those films were better than most of their type. And Ian Makellen does his role very well. Donnie Darko is just as brilliant as it was when I last watched it, except now I know it is - how many 13-year-olds would have appreciated a film like that? Compared to Children of Men, those last two seem quite nice, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: