Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 72228 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Hmm.  I've wanted to see this movie since I watched the making of it on Project Greenlight.  Unfortunately my local Hollywood video store doesn't carry it and I'm not about to buy it unseen.

If you like really cheesy, over-the-top horror B movies, this is one of the best.

If you're looking for a serious plot or acting... steer clear. No one in the movie even has a name. They're just vehicles for killing/being killed.

[/url]
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »

Superman Returns, Ice Age 2, Pulse and Clerks 2 today.  I was really hung over and watched movies pretty much since i got up:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2007, 05:38:40 AM »

Watched The Polar Express, which was much better than I thought it was going to be.

My first 2007 movie this year was The Blob, as it was on telly at the time. There's no better way to kick off the new year than with a cliche horror flick. :P

Um, also saw Star Wars Episode III. Blah. The fourth episode is on telly next Sunday, looking forward to that. Oh, and I saw the Firefly series DVD set when I went out yesterday-- will be getting it. I liked the movie Serenity, hopefully I'll like this series too.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: January 02, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »

Over the Hedge = Godawful shit. that is all.

BTW, Din, I only ended up seeing the end of A Christmas Story this year, despite owning it. I was sorely lacking in Christmas "spirit"(whatever that is) this year and wasn't in the mood for much of anything.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »

For Your Eyes Only - Fairly average Bond film. Has it's moments, but it wasn't really very engaging. Moore's looking pretty damned old too.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »

I caught 40 Year Old Virgin on the tube last night.  That was definitely a charming movie.  Excellently scripted.  Even the over-the-top stuff that would be groan-worthy in other movies was handled surprisingly well and was actually funny.

I approve of this nonsense!
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2007, 09:45:10 PM »

I've been watching movies galore lately...

Blood Diamond - It really was quite good, but it definitely was very predictable.  It's one of those movies with a strong message that is, quite fairly obvious, maybe makes people shed a tear or two, then forget about once they leave the theater and grab a bite to eat.

Our Happy Time(Maundy Thursday) - This wasn't what I expected it to be at all, but it really was a fantastic movie. It's a Korean movie, Maund Thursday being the English title, about a suicidal girl and a prisoner on death row becoming friends.  It proved to be quite interesting and I definitely enjoyed it.

Gangster High - Another Korean movie.  This one I'm not so sure about.  It affected me the same way Battle Royale did which as much as people love it, I'm just horribly disgusted by it.  Gangster High is about these kid's who form a soccer club and how it all just goes horribly horribly wrong.  There's just something about watching this kind of violence amongst high shcool peers that really gets to me.  It's not on the same level of Battle Royale though.  At the same time that sort of made it worse for me because it escalated to the level it did in this movie

The Black Dhalia - Horrible horrible movie.  SO drawn out.  So many completely unrelated events.  It was jus so so dull.

Layer Cake - It was definitely interesting.  Wasn't sure what to expect.  It was a good time.  I am gonna have to check out the book and see how I like it.

Memory of a Killer - Such a great concept, but it was not what it could have been.  Dutch movie about a Hitman with Alzheimers.  I don't think they used the Alzheimer's enough and it just turned into a cat and mouse movie.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: January 02, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »

An Inconvenient Truth -  Everybody should watch this film.  Lord have mercy, I didn't bad reality was.  I was so upset that I had trouble sleeping after viewing it.  The next car I buy will definitely be a hybrid car.  

Hard Candy -  Wow.  Who knew teenage girls could be so scary?  Though bad things were happening to the helpless "victim", I must say that I was totally rooting for her.  

A Scanner Darkly -  I guess I was expecting something more, but I was kinda bored by the slow pace of everything.  It had some funny bits and I liked the look of the film, but I just came away from it just thinking it was weird.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2007, 12:45:50 AM »

Just saw Snakes on a Plane on DVD.

It's still fun, but even as an attempt at B-movie nonsense, it falls a little short of greatness.

[/url]
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »

From Russia With Love - Has become my favourite Bond film!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »

Shaun of the Dead - still great second time round, and this time I didn't find any of it "scary" because I knew what was coming. Can't wait to see Simon Pegg's new film, Hot Fuzz (though inevitably it won't be as good).
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »

Saw Children of Men last night.

Wow- words cannot describe the heights that the cinematography in that movie reached. It was truly amazing. A++ in every aspect.

[/url]
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »

Snakes On a Plane - It was better then I thought it would be, really funny. Kinda sucked you had to wait till near the end of the movie to hear Samuel say his catchphrase.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend - It was funny...in some parts but I found myself not liking most of it. Also I wish Wanda Sykes was in more scenes, shes usually funnier then the rest of the cast combined.

Also saw a few scenes from Jackass Part Two and The Descent and was grossed out by both.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »

Star Movies has been running Star Wars marathon. They've been playing one episode, beginning from the Episode One, every Sunday....and later this month, a non-stop marathon of each episode.

Anyways, they finally got around to Episode VI tonight! I recall watching the old episodes when I was a child (with SW crazy brothers), but I feel like I'm watching them anew now. Decade old memories cannot be trusted!

Loved almost every bit of it.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2007, 11:13:48 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Saw Children of Men last night.

Wow- words cannot describe the heights that the cinematography in that movie reached. It was truly amazing. A++ in every aspect.

I just saw this tonight. Definitely one of my favorite movies of 2006.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: