Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338694 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 75580 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2007, 03:04:34 AM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"
Quote from: "everluck"
Saw Children of Men last night.

Wow- words cannot describe the heights that the cinematography in that movie reached. It was truly amazing. A++ in every aspect.

I just saw this tonight. Definitely one of my favorite movies of 2006.

Screw '06, man. CoM is on my all-time list.

[/url]
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2007, 11:26:59 AM »

Man, I really want to see CoM. Might get to go with the wife next Monday.

We watched Little Miss Sunshine Sat. night. Good movie. Funny in spots. WAY too much hype on this one.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »

Recently watched Crank with Jason Statham, movie was pure mindless fun, loved it.

Also watched the first episodes of 24 season 6.
HOLY CRAP! By the looks of it this season is going to kick so much ass, the last 10 minutes of episode 4 is pure AWESOMENESS.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"
Saw Children of Men last night.

Wow- words cannot describe the heights that the cinematography in that movie reached. It was truly amazing. A++ in every aspect.

I just saw this tonight. Definitely one of my favorite movies of 2006.

Screw '06, man. CoM is on my all-time list.

Heh, I didn't think of that. I might have to rethink my choices. :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2007, 03:04:22 PM »

The Good Shepard.

Good movie....little long and a little light on the "thrills" side of a movie that is considered a thriller.

Oh well...still awesome, just a little dry.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »

I've been home for about three weeks, meaning I've been bored to tears and have watched as many movies as I thought interesting.

Happy Feet- saw it in theaters; it's freaking adorable. The fact that it's also pretty much a musical was fun too.

Little Miss Sunshine- this movie was completely hilarious and amazing. The last part completely made it though.

Secondhand Lions- Crazy old people rule. I had been meaning to watch this forever, and I finally got to it. It was well worth the wait.

Shaun of the Dead- I discovered that I had this movie and immediately decided to watch it last night. I still think for a comedy movie it has some really touching parts.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2007, 05:10:20 PM »

I work at Blockbuster. :)

Little Miss Sunshine: fantastic, great family, great irony (ugly daughter> beauty pangeant).  Sweet flick.

Crank: wicked.  It delivers what it has to, and just becomes an enjoyable action flick.  Great from the norm.  Lovely but after the end credits too.

RUN LOLA RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN: great foreign movie.  Unique deviation from your typical movie as well.   The [final] ending kinda of makes the flick feel a bit pointless though. =P

The Illusionist: good thriller-romance, but it has nothing on The Prestige.  Ed is back in full form though, fantastic acting in it.  You can see how the movie is going to end from a mile away though.

Batman Begins- rewatched and forgot how good it actually was.  Katie Holmes feels a bit like a hussie though.  "< smooch<3 <3 <3 > we can't be together....but maybe one day". Any scene involving the poison-perspective excites me!

Reservoir Dogs- rewatch.  I love this flick sooo much though.  On my top 10 for sure.  I love quoting this movie.  After watchign one Quentin Flick, you gotta watch em all.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »

A Scanner Darkly: It was really good. I loved the style. I was confused the whole time and the ending was a bit sad.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2007, 07:26:53 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Reservoir Dogs- rewatch.  I love this flick sooo much though.  On my top 10 for sure.

Yes.

[/url]
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »

Watched Pathfinder.

It was...mildly atmospheric, at best. The people in front of me in the cinema were pretty bored. I didn't find it that boring but definitely not as good as it could have been.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

Identity - I already knew what was going to  happen in this movie, but I was still quite surprised when
Code:
the kid turned out to be the psychopath.
I think it was quite a strange idea for a film, yet somehow it turned out to be quite good.

Runaway Jury - the other John Cusack movie I've seen recently. Much like the other movies I've seen based on John Grisham books, it was confusing as hell, but at least I understood some of what was going on here.

The Cooler - William H Macy and Alec Baldwin in - surprise, surprise - yet another depressing movie.

Shaolin Soccer - I think this is the 3rd most stupid movie I've ever seen (Kung Fu Hustle and some really crap film called Ninja Terminator are above it), but stupid in a good way.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2007, 01:19:33 AM »

Infernal Affairs - WOW. This is considered one of the best movies ever produced in Hong Kong and it is definitely up there.  The Departed is actually a remake of this movie but there are quite a few differences.  Also I think The Departed took some parts from the sequel and prequel that was made.  The one thing that dissappointed me was that the cop played by Mark Wahlberg had a very very very minor role in this movie and maybe had 5 seconds of screen time, which is too bad cause I really liked that cop in The Departed.  All in all a great movie, but I definitely think that The Departed had a better ending...

Code:
The cop that was a mole doesn't die in this.  And actually during the whole scene where the undercover cop is killed, they find out he is the mole and arrest him.

The movie ends at this point though, hopefully the other two movies will expand on this a little.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2007, 12:07:01 PM »

Children of Men: I was blown away by how amazing this movie was. Clive Owen is a great actor.
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2007, 02:16:45 AM »

This weekend I saw Dreamgirls and Apocalypto.

Dreamgirls was great, always had a soft spot for musicals, but this one had a great cast and nice songs too. Eddie Murphy was great in his roll and Beyoncé was damn pretty.

Apocalypto is just awesome, you can say lots of things about Mel Gibson, hate him or love him, the guy can make awesome movies.
Never knew a movie about the Mayan culture could be this great.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: January 15, 2007, 06:31:46 AM »

My Neighbour Totoro - =^o^=

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: