Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331876 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 73831 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2007, 04:32:53 PM »

Seven!

It was good.

Code:
I FUCKED HER

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2007, 04:13:47 AM »

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Still good. I enjoyed episode IV fractionally more than I enjoyed this one, but it's nonetheless awesome.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:23 PM »

Saw Children of Men on Monday. A great movie that gives you a lot to think about. The violence in it really got to me. Almost as if I'd never seen a gun fired in a movie before.
Code:
The car scene following the ambush was just nuts. The death of Julian really shook me.
The scene with Theo and Kee walking out with the baby was incredible(I know I was being manipulated and didn't care). And SO telling with how the violence started right back up again.

The amount of detail in this movie is amazing and demands repeated viewings. I want to watch it again just to read all the things in the background.
The directing was great, especially during those scenes that seemed to just keep going, without any cutaways.
This movie deserves lots of awards, or at least a bit more success at the box office.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: January 17, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - If Alfonso Cuaron can make a good Harry Potter movie, he must be some kind of director god. Well, that's evident  from Children of Men.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »

I watched Space Balls (at last) and the 20th Anniversary edition of Transformers the Movie recently. I never realized how corny the dialogue could get in Transformers, though I was a toddler when I watched it to death. :P
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: January 17, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Saw Children of Men on Monday....

You warm my heart.

[/url]
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2007, 02:11:59 AM »

Seems like I'm in a sci-fi mood.

Watched Doom. It's more entertaining and fun, now that I'm seeing it the second time around. I much prefer Karl Urban in this film compared to Pathfinder.

Also been watching episodes of Firefly. I'm beginning to really like it.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »

Pan's Labyrinth.

I liked it, but I think it needs repeated viewings to really be appreciated. Definitely one the best from the past year, but I liked Children of Men better. Pan's Labyrinth just wasn't as layered, I think. There wasn't any real connection with the characters like there was in CoM. I guess that's what you get when your main player is a child actor, though.

[/url]
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2007, 04:04:47 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Pan's Labyrinth.

Second that. Though I don't think it's fair to compare it to Children of Men, they're two different movies, in completely different genres.

I absolutely loved Pan's Labyrinth though, the mixture of the two stories (and an arguable third) worked suprisingly well. Though I wished more time were spent in the "other" world (the scence with the second task was incrediblely imaginative), I never found myself bored, or wishing it would move on.  Maybe i'm just a sucker for these types of movies, the idea of folklore and legends really captivate me (the story about the rose of immortality, for instance).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2007, 05:02:23 AM »

Quote from: "Murdoc"
Pan's Labyrinth.

Second that. Though I don't think it's fair to compare it to Children of Men, they're two different movies, in completely different genres.

I think it's because they're both released so close to each other. Kinda like how you can't really compare Pirates of the Caribbean and Superman Returns, but they did both come out close to each other, and are both long movies.

Plus both Pan's Labyrinth and Children of Men were directed by Mexicans.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

I watched Old School. I want those 90 minutes back. Very little funny about this movie. It was just stupid.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »

The Mummy returns!  Cheesy, but I still like it.  Plus it was only 2.50...

While also not a movie per say, but we also got the first season of X-Files which is the win great.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2007, 02:17:14 PM »

Pan's Labyrinth.

I absolutely loved Pan's Labyrinth though, the mixture of the two stories (and an arguable third) worked suprisingly well. Though I wished more time were spent in the "other" world (the scence with the second task was incrediblely imaginative), I never found myself bored, or wishing it would move on.  Maybe i'm just a sucker for these types of movies, the idea of folklore and legends really captivate me (the story about the rose of immortality, for instance).

I saw Pan's Labyrinth this weekend. I agree with you when you say they should have spent more time with the girl interacting with the otherworld. That's what drew me to the movie the most. But I also enjoyed the other stories in the movie involving the war. The captain was pretty hardcore, although an asshole.

Right before the ending got me a little angry, because I thought the whole reason for seeing it was about to go down the drain, but I was satisfied with the surprise.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »

I missed Pan's Labyrinth when it was out over here. It got quite a limited release, and the only cinema that isn't a train journey away only has two small screens, and therefore only shows the blockbusters.

I just watched X-Men 3. It was pretty mediocre!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2007, 07:42:36 PM »

Pan's Labyrinth.

I didn't argue that; I was just giving my impressions of the acting. I felt more of a connection with the characters in CoM then I did with the ones in PL. Choosing a child as the lead was the only choice because of the story, but I felt that something was lost because of that. The other characters each had emotion, but all she had was :l and :o.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: