Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338010 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 75378 times)
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »

Finally got around to watching Children of Men.

It was great. The actors were cavalier, real and Clive Owen's character really came through with emotion. The film kept me entertained to the very end-- it didn't feel that long at all.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

Pan's Labyrinth -  I agree with everyone that it is good and the fantasy scenes were the best.  I was surprised by the violence of the movie.  There were quite a bit of people in the theater and they seemed to be into the movie since several people cheered when
Code:
the woman sliced the captain's mouth.

Still need to see Children of Men.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

Children of Men

Alot of people are really praising this movie, maybe that was the problem for me, but I really didn't find it to be anything special.  Aside from one scene early in the movie I found it extremely predictable and I don't think I can explain it, but I just felt like there was something missing.  The acting was great, but for me there felt like there was something missing from the story.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »

I just saw Saw. That was fucked up. It was also damn good. I can't really type much more because I am a bit shaken at the moment (never really been partial to horror/thrillers and it has been recommended to me by by friends), but I'd recommend it.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2007, 02:32:27 AM »

Watched a bunch of movies over the past few weeks. Too many to list them all, but I'll mention the notable ones.

Watched Pan's Labyrinth and Smokin' Aces today. Pan's Labyrinth was very good and totally not what I expected.
Code:
I know many people will argue otherwise, but my interpretation was that the whole fantasy world was in the girl's head.
Smokin' Aces was pretty decent as well, with quite a few action scenes.

The Illusionist and The Prestige both were very good. I'm putting them together since the premise of both films is quite similar.

Babel - I really loved it. I'm a big fan of Inarritu's other 2 films, and I love how he weaves multiple stories into one movie.

Children of Men - saw it twice. I'd say this is up there with Babel as the best movies of 2006 (that I watched). The one long shot at the end was amazing.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »

I've ordered Children of Men on DVD. Missed it when it was out in cinemas over here, and with the praise you guys are giving it, and the fact that it has a King Crimson song in it, means me want see!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: January 29, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »

^It also used Sigur Ros in the previews over here. :D

Our One-Act play won Districts, so we all (meaning, our cast of 20 people) went out to see Smokin' Aces. The movie was fan-fucking-tastic. Over-the-top, super-stylized, high-energy...all the hyphonates are included. Brilliant.

Now I just have to see Children of Men, Pan's Labyrinth, Notes On a Scandal, Dreamgirls, and Pursuit of Happiness. I've probably missed most of the other Oscar-baits already and I'll probably only see the first two in theaters. .
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:38 AM »

After all these years I finally saw The Thing. Pretty cool movie. Good atmosphere and creature effects.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2007, 03:39:38 PM »

Saw Pan's Labyrinth yesterday. I missed it when it was out in mainstream cinemas, but the nearest arthouse cinema was showing it so I thought why not?

It turned out to be completely not what I expected. I thought that the emphasis was going to be on the fantasy world, but it turns out that the war movie aspect of it was the main thing. And it was a lot more violent than I thought it would be. Still a very good movie though - the same quality of film as Children of Men in my opinion.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: January 31, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »

My Children of Men DVD popped through the door this morning, and I've just given it a watch.

I agree with the rest of you, pretty amazing stuff! That long continuous shot towards the end was incredible.

I had a stupid dream

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »

Saw Children of Men last night and Pan's Labyrinth about a week ago.

Children of Men was fucking powerful. Movies don't usually make me cry, but at least 2 seperate points in that movie I was crying. It was fucking amazingly done, especially the fucking 9 minute long camera shot that my friend pointed out to me.

Pan's Labyrinth was also awesome, but not as emotionally stimulating for me. However it was extremely haunting, and I really liked the director (who also did Hellboy, which I also liked). The guy who played the Faun and the horrible monster thing was fucking awesome--and he doesn't even speak spanish; he memorized his lines.

Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2007, 07:58:41 PM »

Yeah the guy memorized the lines, but got dubbed over. He's apparently also doing the silver surfer in FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

Grave of the Fireflies - One of the most heart-wrenching films I've ever seen. Seriously.

I had a stupid dream

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2007, 04:58:02 AM »

I went to see the re-release of The Departed with a couple of friends. Very, very entertaining. Those last five minutes were freakin' amazing :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2007, 02:53:20 PM »

The Guardian -  Okay, I kinda half watched this movie since I was playing Hotel Dusk at the same time.  So yeah, Hotel Dusk was more interesting than the movie.

I've also been watching Korean horror movies.  I watched D-day and February 29.  They aren't going to give anybody nightmares, but they are still entertaining.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: