Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:04:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327761 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 72530 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 04, 2007, 03:13:39 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Transformers was great!

I was surprised how much I liked it. Very Michael Bay-ish, but definitely one of if not his best. I loved the humor in it, very well done.

Only one thing bugged me:
Code:
Sexy hacker chick who knows right off the bat aliens are hacking into the government.

That kinda bothered me too. But only a little bit. I haven't read the comics or watched the TV series, but I really enjoyed the movie. It was a lot of fun to watch between the action and the humor.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: July 04, 2007, 09:00:29 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Transformers was great!

I was surprised how much I liked it. Very Michael Bay-ish, but definitely one of if not his best. I loved the humor in it, very well done.

That's the first time I've ever seen "Michael Bay" and "best" in a sentence together.

I just don't get the enthusiasm for this movie.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: July 04, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »

I saw The Shining recently, with the family. Nowhere near as scary as I remember it, though that doesn't surprise me. Things are scarier when you're a kid. :P

Still creepy though and definitely a classic.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #618 on: July 04, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »

I saw Transformers last night and enjoyed it quite a bit.  You just had to go into it thinking you were going to see a movie called "Giant Fighting Robots."

It totally paid off.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: July 04, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
I saw Transformers last night and enjoyed it quite a bit.  You just had to go into it thinking you were going to see a movie called "Giant Fighting Robots."

It totally paid off.

I agree.

I haven't really paid any attention to Transformers since I was five or six, so I don't really remember much about the story besides character names. I really think that helped me enjoy the movie more.

One guy a couple rows in front of me just started freaking out when Megatron transformed- like the movie had just killed his family. Not for the purists, I guess.

[/url]
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 05, 2007, 01:20:18 AM »

Haha when you first see Optimus (or who you know is gonna be Optimus), the whispers were all over the theater. And there were a couple cheers when you heard his name. lol

The movie seemed to be approved by the (sold-out) preview audience, though. It was great.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 05, 2007, 01:21:51 AM »

Watched Transformers myself earlier today. I thought the movie was great for what it was itself.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: July 05, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »

Transformers=Fucking awesome.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: July 06, 2007, 09:03:16 AM »

Took a trip to the cinema today, for Transformers. It was good. I've seen a few of the old episodes and one of the movies before, so it was fun to watch the Autobots and Decepticons 'come to life'.

The dialogue was a bit cheesy though. Just like in the cartoons. ^^;

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: July 07, 2007, 02:41:58 AM »

Just like everyone else, Transformers. It was certainly enjoyable, but I left feeling somewhat disappointed. I'm not quite sure why, but I was.

I also saw Pan's Labyrinth the other night for the first time, and it was slightly different from what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2007, 05:04:32 PM »

Serious movie backlog:

Mr. Bean's Holiday (yes, I did see that) - This was actually surprisingly good, and didn't have such brainless humour as the first one. Best bit:
Code:
Carson Clay In

A Carson Clay Production

Of A Carson Clay Film

Spider-Man 3 - not as good as the first two, but better than your average superhero movie. Serious villain overload, tho. And WTF is up with
Code:
killing Venom?!
Plus EMO HAIR!!!!!!!!

POTC 3 - script was bad, fight scenes were bad, acting was bad, plot was incomprehensible, but Johnny Depp was... fantastic (as ever)

Shrek the Third - slightly disappointing, and contained Justin Timberlake, but still a good laugh. Please, Please, Never Make a Shrek 4...

Sunshine - I've learned now that Danny Boyle movies are not good. Especially ones where you don't immediately die in 0 degrees Kelvin. Or where the Sun can be turned back on with a nuclear bomb. And guys, before the sun "dies", it will grow large enough to swallow all the planets up to Earth. And that'll happen in several billion years, fools!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 07, 2007, 06:26:53 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Shrek the Third - slightly disappointing, and contained Justin Timberlake, but still a good laugh. Please, Please, Never Make a Shrek 4...

After watching Shrek 2 when it debuted in theaters, I looked online and found out they had 3 and 4 planned. On the other hand, Xenosaga also had 3 and 4 planned when 2 hit, but only one of them ever came out.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: July 08, 2007, 06:50:31 AM »

The thing with Sunshine was that it wasn't bad until it turned into a generic slasher flick.

I saw Sicko and it was great.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: July 08, 2007, 10:52:31 PM »

Unlike you suckers, I didn't see Transformers, I saw Shaolin Soccer!

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: July 09, 2007, 01:44:18 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Unlike you suckers, I didn't see Transformers, I saw Shaolin Soccer!

Get the fuck out.

You are no longer a Geek/Nurd/Friend.

Just got back from Transformers......fuck yes. I still hate the fact that the main characters were all human and NOT the fucking Autobots....but hey there's a sequel in the works I hear.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: