Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies  (Read 73370 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »

I watched Uprising yesterday, which is a movie about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising that I think was on TV and it was really good. I'll be watching Oldboy later since I just bought that.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2006, 03:26:28 PM »

I just watched National Treasure. It was alright. Naturally it had many things wrong with it (it's a Bruckheimer film), a plot hole or two, and the whole 'It's a movie, and an American History lesson!' thing got really annoying. The main thing that pissed me off was that they made all the bad guys as British as possible, to make it the virtuous Americans against the dirty scheming not as clever English bastards. That was just stupid. I swear they actually made Sean Bean sound more English than he usually does.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2006, 06:46:40 PM »

M- Watched it in German in, uh, school (Senior in highschool, wot)? Fascinating movie. The acting is excellent, the use of shadows is perfect, and the lack of a soundtrack is an amazing decision. Also, possible influence on paranoia agent? Anyway, it's really fascinating -- the issues it raises about the death penalty are just as valid today. Timeless.

Metropolis - Okay, so I got on a Fritz Lang kick :P Only watched about a quarter of it, but it's gorgeous. It's from 1927 and it looks amazing. It's like watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, realizing that it was made in the 60s, and that 90% of movies STILL look worse than it. You just sit back and wonder, WTF is wrong with hollywood?

Anyway, something kind of disturbing. The workers', and their conditions... are like concentration camps. Their dress, their mannerisms, the long, tiled tunnles they go through to work. It's weird, and in its prescience a bit creepy.

Koyaanisquatsi - Jesus Christ, wow.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2006, 11:32:38 AM »

I saw FF:AC last night and thought it was okay.  Visually it was stunning but I never finished FFVII so I'm not crazy about the game as legions of people seem to be.  So maybe if I remembered what happened with the game I would have liked it more.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2006, 07:22:35 PM »

The Magic Pudding - Weird Australian animated film. It had John Cleese as a magic pudding who could become any flavour, so naturally it was great.

I've watched some other things too which I'd already seen, but I can't remember what they were.

I had a stupid dream

glenncerritos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2006, 05:42:38 AM »

Just saw MI3 and was really impressed; for the most part it was better than the previous two. I totally dug the Superman Returns trailer!
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2006, 07:43:35 AM »

Running Man - Great 80's action film. It has Arnie running around in a tight spandex jumpsuit thing, what more can you want? Really enjoyed it.

Die Hard - Greatest action film ever. Well, joint greatest action film ever, with Terminator 2 and Hard Boiled.

Solaris (the Russian original) - Very well shot and very intriguing film, but I was tired, and it is very slow moving, so it certainly wasn't the easiest watch ever.

Infernal Affairs - Enjoyed this a lot. I thought it was action film, not a thriller, but I preferred it that way. I'm now very interested to see Scorsese's remake.

Million Dollar Baby - This was really, really good. Very surprising last half hour as well. Despite my Scorsese fanboyism, this deserved to beat The Aviator for Best Picture.

I had a stupid dream

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »

Gattaca - This movie was incredible. It had a very strong feel to it, and there were so many poignant images. Futuristic, but with a unique image of the future, and a very great and intriguing story.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »

Sahara - Pretty fun movie. Not a lot more to be said!

I had a stupid dream

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »

Watched Mission Impossible 3. It was alright for the most part. Probably the best thing about it would have to be that hot half asian chick who, alas, wasn't even onscreen too much.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2006, 07:18:48 AM »

The Woodsman - A really powerful film. Kevin Bacon is seriously amazing in this film, giving a really understated performance. It really can't be easy bringing humanity to a child molester.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Much more panto than I remember, although it works :P Alan Rickman rules as always.

I had a stupid dream

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2006, 07:51:39 AM »

I watched "Grandma's Boy" yesterday and I laughed my balls off.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2006, 07:34:55 AM »

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - Loved it. I can see why it's a love or hate film, but I thought it was really great.

Life - For some reason I like this. Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence don't overact too much for once, which is a massive bonus.

I had a stupid dream

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2006, 12:42:37 AM »

Happiness - Holy shit. Never in my life have I seen a more amusing and horrifying movie in my entire life. I highly recommend this to anyone who has not seen it. I will warn you though, it is fucking brutal. Not in the gory sense, but it deals with some very sensitive subjects and just goes the distance with them.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2006, 07:24:02 AM »

2010 - A good sequel to 2001. Obviously not as good, but the visuals were still really good, despite the more straight-forward style. The exposition was a little clumsy at times, but the atmosphere made up for it. Genuinely creepy at times.

The Man Who Knew Too Little - This would have been a load of crap, had it not been for Bill Murray, who just made it work. Plus I liked it because a lot of it was filmed around my home area :P

Falling Down - I turned this on having no idea what it was about, and just loved it. Michael Douglas going nuts and randomly killing a bunch a people! It was great! He even got a bazooka!

Hostage - This was a bit pants. Bruce Willis was alright, but everyone else just sucked. It needed a good villain, and an 18-year-old kid who robs convenience stores is not a good villain, even he is 'lol a bit crazy.'

I had a stupid dream

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: