Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 03:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329473 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Chrono trigger on the Xbox 360?????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chrono trigger on the Xbox 360?????  (Read 3285 times)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »

This has to be wrong. Can some of our japanese reading/speaking friends look into this?

http://www.shacknews.com//index.x

The news is under Wednesday's Late Night Consoling. I read Shacknews as much as RPGFan. As a matter of fact, it is the only other game site I really trust. I know that Microsoft  was planning a re-launch of the 360 in Japan, but I wasnt expecting this.
 Bring it on!
 What else can be said about a new Chrono game? Bring it on!

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1172.html

That's what has been announced at today's press conference. Apparently your source has updated their site in the meantime. Now they only speak of "rumors".  

Bandai Namco has announced new RPGs for both PlayStation 3 and 360 last year. However, the RPG for the 360 was previously mentioned to be an original title, not a new Tales installment (even though Tales Studio staff is apparently involved in its development).

As for the Chrono story, I wonder how many times you can bring up those kind of stories (Chrono Cross X on Xbox and whatnot) before people stop falling for them :P? This stuff is getting old quickly.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 11:58:53 AM »

You know, before we get told exactly what the new Tri-Ace RPG is going to be I find it very hard to be excited about this news. It's absolutely great that the Xbox360 is going to get more JPRGs than the Xbox did, but somehow I doubt that Tri-Ace and Mistwalker RPGs will be enough for the Japanese customers to choose the X360 over the PS3.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »

Of course not. Why do you think, Microsoft has to publish most of the major 360 RPGs themselves? They have only sold 130,000 units of the 360 since its December launch which just shows how badly the console is being received in Japan (for reference, Nintendo sells about the same amount of DS and DS Lite units in one or two weeks). That miserable performance of the 360 probably also led to the replacement of Sakaguchi's old pal Maruyama as head of their Japanese game business.

Since the Xbox had close to no RPG support Japan, it would have been close to impossible for Microsoft to do worse in that regard with the 360, though. Even with the stuff that was announced today, the 360 won't stand a chance against PlayStation 3 and Revolution in Japan.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 02:36:49 PM »

Yeah, I usually dont fall for the old Chrono Trigger gag, but this time I did. It just seemed legit to me for some reason. My bullshit detector needs some tuning it seems.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: