Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 09:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340864 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bush may have directly OK'd Plame leak
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bush may have directly OK'd Plame leak  (Read 1802 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0406061libby1.html

Hoo boy. Can't wait to see the newspapers tomorrow morning.

So apparently he said it was OK because he decides what's classified and what isn't. I guess the consequences of outing a covert field agent is small potatoes when you can stick it to her husband for telling the truth about Iraq.

Thoughts?

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »

The sad thing is he really really should be impeached for this (he's not denying he did it), but it actually IS legal (well, what he did), so no impeaching.

I do get sick of the American people just sitting on their asses and doing jack except for a select few. I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican. This stinks. This President has serious issues with Checks and Balances, first with wiretapping, the Patriot Act (Which would be okay if it didn't give the Government SO MUCH POWER), and now this.

I have no problem with Republicans. I don't agree with the overall view but there HAVE been good Republican Presidents and governments, and there are actually a few republican viewpoints I agree with (Would you believe I'm actually for the Death Penalty?). It's the Neo-Conservitive viewpoint I utterly, utterly hate with every fibre of my being. And maybe with a GOOD, smart government maybe it could have worked. Maybe. But based on the overall viewpoints it has it's so easy to just get carried away with 'demoracy or nothing!' and have severe power issues. I hope history will see this entire neo-conservitive viewpoint as being an utter failure.

For the sake of arguement, name ONE thing that has worked within the past four years. The only thing I can think of on the top of my head is how the Surpreme Court shaped up.

Normally I keep my mouth shut on politics because I expect to be flamed, but this made me so angry.

Here's the proof on the whole legality thing, btw:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12206491/

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »

Well, I have no complaints about Roberts, but Alito is a pro-government schill who would argue in favor of everything Bush has done thus far because of the fact that he's the President, nothing more.

This is the same guy who had a woman and her young girl strip-searched in front of male police because her drug-dealer husband may or may not have hidden them in their clothes.

And yeah, I guess it is perfectly legal to sign the death warrant of numerous covert agents by outing one of their colleagues.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 06:03:50 PM »

God I miss the days when Republicans were PRO Small Gov't.

*Sigh* I miss the Regan Conservatives.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:13:29 PM »

I think what really bugs me most (and I failed to mention this before) is that Bush tends to validate everything he does because of terrorism. Iraq was because of terrorism (and the information was faulty). Wiretapping is to stop terrorism. I'm almost getting the feeling that if Bush got drunk and decided to take a dump on the White House lawn and got caught, it'd totally be okay because he did it to fight terrorism!

...Okay, no, I don't imagine that happening, but I sat there laughing at the mental picture for quite a while. I'm a sick, sick woman. ;)

And to whoever mentioned the Justices, I agree. I don't mind Roberts but for the MOST part (except for Myers...I THINK that was her last name.) Bush essentially got what he wanted with the Supreme Court -- a right leaning one.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: