Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Vesperia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Vesperia  (Read 25883 times)
B.K.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »

http://i9.tinypic.com/89qnket.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/8bji1ko.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/87jva5c.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/8dxmgdd.jpg

It was just announced at Jump Fiesta. There aren't any real details about it yet.
PKProductions
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »

so I guess they havent named a platform either *crosses fingers for PS3 or Wii*

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

I'm assuming this is the next Tales of game, because it looks like Fujishima designed those characters. I'm hoping this is a PS3 title since the Wii is getting ToS2, and I doubt the 360'll get it.

EDIT: According to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6066732, Tales of Vesperia isn't the only one Namco announced/trademarked, as they also trademarked Tales of Valoria and Tales of Strife.
Reluctant Hero

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

Fujishima most certainly is the character designer according to Raijinken.net.  Although the screens aren't close enough for examination I'd imagine this game is aimed at a release for the Wii, even though I'd much rather see it on the PS3.  Nevertheless, RH is a Tales man, and my anticipation for this title has already exceeded KoR and Innocence.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:29:20 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I'm assuming this is the next Tales of game, because it looks like Fujishima designed those characters. I'm hoping this is a PS3 title since the Wii is getting ToS2, and I doubt the 360'll get it.

EDIT: According to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6066732, Tales of Vesperia isn't the only one Namco announced/trademarked, as they also trademarked Tales of Valoria and Tales of Strife.

I'm not the only one that thinks there's way too many Tales games coming out lately, right? Right?!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »

You're the only one!

I can't wait.  Even if it's for PS3.  MGS4, FFXIII, and a new Tales game would make me interested in getting a PS3 when they are all available.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

On the one hand, yes Tales has become quite the prolific RPG series of late.  On the other hand, I don't think enough Tales games have hit US shores.  I'll be excited for any new Tales games once I hear news of releases outside of Japan.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:47:05 PM »

I thought tales of rebirth looked interesting. Or whatever the one with the tiger people in it was. Because I'm a goddamn furry.

In any case, I wanna play Abyss when it gets cheaper. It has some things that sound really interesting I guess. Like the fluctuating prices thing.

I like Tales of Symphonia because it had a really actiony battle system and lots of little sidequests and things. I also hear Abyss continues that.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 12:01:23 AM »

I'm hoping it will come out for the PS3, then I'd be in heaven with my PS3 once FF 13, White Knight Story, and ToV come out.

Yes, there might be too many Tales in Japan, there's hardly any being released here in the States.

MGF: TotA is only 30 bucks new. And a few months after I bought it 40. >.> (Though worth every penny.)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:13:43 AM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

I'm not the only one that thinks there's way too many Tales games coming out lately, right? Right?!

There haven't been enough bad Tales games for me to think "too many" are coming out. =)

Final Fantasy spin-offs on the other hand...

EDIT: forgot to mention, seeing this made me wet.  Fujishima, good to see you are.  Fuji > Ino

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Reluctant Hero

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 01:59:52 AM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

I think Namco Tales Studio should produce games outside the series -- despite their name -- and flex their range in terms of RPG gameplay styles.  Regardless, I can't help but to show extreme interest whenever a new Tales game has been announced especially since the Abyss has become one of my favorite RPGs of all time (say hello to my Luke graphics.)  Would I fall from grace if they slowed down the series' momentum?  No.  Hell, I'm still waiting for my Chrono sequel... I'm very patient.  Much like tri-Ace with the many titles under their Star Ocean flagship series NTS should really look into creating games without a template.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 04:17:35 AM »

Great, another batch of the world's most uninspired RPG series, fresh out of the oven.  Namco's up to, what, 3 or 4 releases a year now? :P

salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 05:04:56 AM »

yes!!! i dont care how much tales they doing, as long it length with good characters. i dont see what more orginal in ff12 from ff6 or (beside that ff6 is a lot better )

i hope it not for the ds. i love the ds and wanna buy one but the two tales it get are very short pepole say that it short even for ds game.

it cant be the wii cause it alredy get one. and i dont believe namco. wil devlop another until they wil see how it sell.

it looks too bad for ps3 but who knows?? they dont care to develop tales of destiny in 16 bit graphics for the ps1.....

ps. anyone think like me that tales for the wii gonna sucks?? i mean to remove the world map..... and it dont looks like there wil be towns at all...
i hope they at least wil support the classic controller or gamecube.

i mean the wii controller method maybe wil be cool but it can be missed up
for the first time.......
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 08:33:28 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Great, another batch of the world's most uninspired RPG series, fresh out of the oven.  Namco's up to, what, 3 or 4 releases a year now? :P

QFT.

I hate to say it, but for a long time now, the Tales series has gone to the dumps. Tales of Phantasia was an excellent game; as were the Tales of Destiny games, but pretty much, after that, the series has gotten worse and worse.

Edit: As for this game, it looks nice, but I hope they make the story interesting this time around, instead of having a typical plot, with typical characters. And I'm hoping the platform is PS3. However, didn't Namco Bandai state that the DS will be the platform that all main series Tales games will appear on? (or something to that effect)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 09:23:27 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
As for this game, it looks nice, but I hope they make the story interesting this time around, instead of having a typical plot, with typical characters. And I'm hoping the platform is PS3. However, didn't Namco Bandai state that the DS will be the platform that all main series Tales games will appear on? (or something to that effect)

That's indeed what was said earlier this year, but if you think about it, this hasn't prevented them from announcing Tales of Rebirth for PlayStation Portable, Tales of Destiny Director's Cut for PlayStation 2 and the Tales of Symphonia sequel for Wii at the same event.

Obviously, for a series like Tales which generates almost 90% of its sales in Japan, the DS is the most logical choice. PlayStation Portable would be an alternative, given the system's recent success in Japan and an installed base which is still bigger than that of all three next-gen consoles combined. Then again, PlayStation 3 does need some more high-profile Japanese RPGs in 2008 until Final Fantasy XIII comes out, hence I also hope that it will be a PlayStation 3 title.

That being said, Ryan hit the nail on the head with his comment, I think. I'm not sure, whether Tales has become the most uninspired RPG series worldwide, but among Japan's major RPG series, it's clearly the front runner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: