Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 09:51:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338554 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Vesperia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Vesperia  (Read 26095 times)
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
DUMB.

That's all that really needs to be said. Why release a Tales game first in the States when the only good selling game has been Symphonia? And when 90%+ of the sales come from, um, I don't know, JAPAN. It ain't going to sell well, so I believe a PS3 and/or a Wii port is inevitable.

i doubt the "first in states" thing is true.... if it wil happen the exclusive tales wil mean nothing to microsoft.....it like to have exclusive main ff game on the xbox360 but release it in india first and than elswhere....

i have to say that to me the ps3 become less and less attractive. i love the ff series but not to the point that i wil buy a system just for it... the tales series in the other hand is sure buy factor to me. i dont mad on mgs either.

my only fear is that after this tales the ps3 wil get plenty of tales games and i dont wil be able to play them.....

another factor for me to chose the ps3 is that is region free and most games don't come to europe
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »

I agree with my fellow Light Bearer, the first thing that came into my mind when I read the news about the release info was: DUMB.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Geeez.  Speaking the last few Tales' had some shit sales, you'd think to be a bit more tactful with your next plan of action.  Definitely a step back in the wrong direction. Then again, this company has had a few.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »

The only way it could sell is with agressive marketing... I guess namco really love the xbox... I never saw an exclusive american release in the last generation

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

DUMB.

That's all that really needs to be said. Why release a Tales game first in the States when the only good selling game has been Symphonia? And when 90%+ of the sales come from, um, I don't know, JAPAN. It ain't going to sell well, so I believe a PS3 and/or a Wii port is inevitable.

If it's a good game then it'll be shipped everywhere anyway and gamers will still profit.  If it was true, which I'm starting to think it's wrong, it could be due to the NA/JP sales (I couldn't find a reliable source to even begin to confirm this.  I don't trust vgchartz because the disparity between the two countries seemed too big.  I dunno).

Edited because apparently even I can read.  The article seems to not point that a Japanese release was not happening at the same time, but the question was more or less "would it really be released on the 360 in Japan (opposed to a different system [which makes no sense, but whatever])?  The actual words i'm looking at (translated) are: "Finally, asked if the game will come to the Xbox 360 even in Japan, "Regarding Japan, everything is currently TBA. We expect to be able to make an announcement shortly."  Probably the announcement they are talking about is the text I copied and pasted below from Rpgamer

Rpgamer says:
It was also revealed that the game will be released outside of Japan fairly quickly, as the English version is being developed simultaneously with its Japanese counterpart, and that the releases will be close to each other.

Which makes more sense... and hopefully it's this way instead. 60% complete?  sounds good to me.

More info from the article:
The ring around the city, seen in trailers, is actually a barrier that keeps monsters out. The world's energy balance is breaking down, causing an influx in the creation of monsters. Most people will never set foot outside the city, though Yuri used to be a knight and Flynn regularly ventures out to fight monsters.

At this point, the game is approximately 60% complete and is scheduled to fit on a single dual-sided DVD. Production I.G. is once again handling the opening movie, and they will also be handling the FMVs in Vesperia. The FMVs will be more numerous than any past game in the series and will all run at 720p.

The battle system is based on the one from Tales of the Abyss, though more features have been added to it to create the Evolved Flex-Range Linear Motion Battle System or EFR-LMBS. The battles are scheduled to run at 60 frames per second (fps), while in the field it drops to 30 fps.

One of the changes to the battle system is the addition of enemy links. This means that when the player goes into battle in an area within range of other enemies, the player may have to fight a larger group than initially intended. There is now the ability to stock up Over Limits to as high as four, so each character can use one or a single character can use them all. Using that gauge, players will be able to create more combos. This may see characters fight faster or even gain the ability to use artes more rapidly.

When it comes to mini-games and downloadable content (DLC), Namco Bandai will likely have both of those available to players. They're working on a few ideas for mini-games in Vesperia, though they're running out of time, so it may not be finished in time to be added to the game. If it is added, an Xbox Live ranking system would be included. In regards to DLC, it's doubtful that bonus dungeons will be released, though there are plans to have hard to find items downloadable for those more willing to pay for items rather than find them.

When it comes to the game's North American version, players can expect to find fully-voiced skits and an English version of the main theme, sung by the same person that does the Japanese one. This will mark the 10th anniversary of the Tales series, and as such Namco Bandai has been putting a lot of work into its development.

Though the game will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 when it releases, Namco Bandai also mentions that there is a possibility that the game may one day be ported to the PlayStation 3. Readers interested in seeing the game's teaser trailer may visit the game's official site for both a high definition and standard view.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »

The game sounds awesome... too bad I don't have a fucking Xbox!!! _

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »

DUMB.

Because it's a personal attack on you, obviously.

It's hilarious how you fall into despair and lash out, like this would somehow change the fact that the 360 is currently the JRPG platform of choice.  As if anyone here is qualified to discuss market relevance and what moves are or aren't dumb.  You can either buy a 360 and be guaranteed to play it when it ships, or you can continue crying in denial while everyone else who's a gamer instead of a wannabe market analyst is having fun.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »

Well, sorry I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for one fucking game, and I don't see why the 360 is the JRPG of choice when hardly anyone in Japan has one. And no, I'm not a wannabe market analyst, I'm just stating the obvious.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

I don't see why the 360 is the JRPG of choice when hardly anyone in Japan has one.

Because there are more JRPGs on the console now, and in the near future accessible to 360 gamers?  I'm trying to figure out why the number of owners of a 360 in Japan even matters.  As if this somehow changes the fact that the rest of the world also buys games and that there's a fortune to be made on any of the three platforms.

'course, I own all three consoles for this generation and get to play everything.  Good luck with waiting on those ports, or something.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"
It's hilarious how you fall into despair and lash out, like this would somehow change the fact that the 360 is currently the JRPG platform of choice.

It's hilarious that people don't seem to recognize the fact that for the first time (I personally have never seen this happen before, certainly not with JRPGs) all of a sudden the couple of developers who were obviously bribed into 360 RPGs are first announcing the titles with no platform attached which leads me to believe even they themselves are embarrassed about what they are doing (even they recognize the moment they slap a 360 tag on it it'll be ignored in Japan so they buy their time, something I'm sure the Japanese gamers are getting increasingly turned off by) where they are ignoring Japanese gamers and releasing a title like this on neither the PS3 nor the Wii and instead the worst future out-looking system choice in Japan, all this leads to the obvious insinuation of money-hats being involved. If not, then doing what they are doing with Tales of Vesperia is indeed DUMB, if it's coming out on the 360 then it should be atleast multi-plat from day 1.

Quote from: "Parn"
Because there are more JRPGs on the console now, and in the near future accessible to 360 gamers?  I'm trying to figure out why the number of owners of a 360 in Japan even matters.  As if this somehow changes the fact that the rest of the world also buys games and that there's a fortune to be made on any of the three platforms.

'course, I own all three consoles for this generation and get to play everything.  Good luck with waiting on those ports, or something.

So it's the RPG system of choice because it has more JRPGs than a system just finishing it's first year on the market, a genre that virtually no console has ever had an abundance of in this time period, therefore it's going to have more JRPGs than it in the future?

It's not that hard to figure out why the numbers of 360 owners in Japan matters when 90% of the profits of all JRPGs other than FF comes from Japan.

It's hardly the JRPG system of choice in Japan when it can't even get mainline Final Fantasy onto it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »

Quote from: "Kos-mos"
So it's the RPG system of choice because it has more JRPGs than a system just finishing it's first year on the market, a genre that virtually no console has ever had an abundance of in this time period, therefore it's going to have more JRPGs than it in the future?

Did you just ignore the Wii there? Alternatively, ignore the PS3?

(The DS is the real JRPG system of choice by the way. Seriously.)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

Oh look, it's another message board market analyst.

News flash: the only thing that matters are the games.  If you like JRPGs, the 360 has a few to play right now, and several more in the near future.

It's not my fault that you've intentionally limited yourself.  I'll get to play Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Cry On, and whatever else comes out while you talk about sales figures of the 360 in Japan and how dumb Company X is.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »

Way to call us names when people have a different opinion.  What the heck does that have to do with market analyzing Japan has always been the main market for JRPGs.  Even the interview that revealed the 360 as the console for Vesperia was practically blatantly telling everyone there's going to be a PS3 version (they still haven't even given a proper press release nor updated the game's actual site, does that mean that they know that doing so would basically kill any hype for the game in Japan?  Personally, I've never seen this kind of thing until now, before this gen I can't think of any JRPG whose platform wasn't announced at the same time as the game was revealed), which means that the only system-seller RPGs on the system are once again Mistwalker's great ones.

No offense but despite owning generally any system that has had a good selection of JRPGs on them I still don't want to spend $279 (not counting the cost of the RPGs) to play time-consuming games like JRPGs on a system known to die all the time, I'll just pray that before they move onto their 720 or whatever that they release one that actually works well enough that I feel I'll be able to finish the entire game without taking a month off or I'll just play the couple of these games that remain exclusive to the end of this cycle when the 360 is dead and I can buy one of these paperweights cheaply, like how I bought a cheap Gamecube when it wasn't too expensive to buy knowing I'd only buy the couple of RPG exclusives on it.  I don't really need to get into a game of tag with MS customer service to play two 50+ hour games, I'll play the PS3 games I have and the PS2 RPGs I haven't played yet along with the ones that are still coming in the next couple of months and if need be I'll import Senjou no Valkyria and play it using Gamefaqs until it's announced for US release to get my JRPG fix until the PS3 ES port comes out in the US and the other announced PS3 JRPGs start arriving now that we're finally in the first year the system can realistically start to see such games begin to come out, just like the 360 finally began to see such games in it's second year.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:31 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Kos-mos"

Did you just ignore the Wii there? Alternatively, ignore the PS3?

(The DS is the real JRPG system of choice by the way. Seriously.)

How did I ignore the Wii, and if so I didn't mean to since I know the Wii will get them as well as the console is really popular in Japan however to my knowledge they haven't gotten a big traditional JRPG yet either, since the system has only been out for a year.  The Dragon Quest spinoff is probably the closest right?  I was pointing out that the only reason that the PS3 and the Wii don't have as many as the 360 is because they are both "too young" given how long JRPGs seem to take to make.

Personally I want PS3/360 level RPGs and that will only continue if such games do well in Japan.  However, I know the Wii will get them too as the console is the most popular in Japan.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »

It's a shame that you spent so much time typing up a bunch of unimportant crap, because you're still back to not being able to play Tales of Vesperia when it releases on 360.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: