Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Merry Christmas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2784 times)
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

Merry Chritmas and happy festivus everyone!

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »

Merry Christmas all. Warm wishes to you for the holidays and a happy New Year!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »

My parents bought me an Xbox 360.  I was annoyed to find out that it doesn't have wireless capability out of the box.  I was pissed to see that the necessary adapter costs a fucking arm and a leg.  Microsoft and XBox Live can both lick my taint.

At least Mass Effect is fun. :P

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »

My wife got me a solar-powered backpack (you use it to charge up other stuff), which is pretty freakin awesome, as well as a couple of New Kids on the Block comics as a joke (I like comics, not really a fan of boy bands).

Since I sold my PSP to Losfer, I bought myself a new slim PSP a couple of weeks ago, so that's sort of Christmas-y.  Other than that, I got a couple of gift cards, and kudos to the people who got them for me - they're visa cards, so I can use them wherever. (McDonalds, here I come! ;)  I'm planning on using that to get Mass Effect, and if I'm lucky, the new Pursuit Force game on PSP.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 10:43:02 PM »

What'd I get?  

A Garmin nuvi 350 GPS from my Dad (he had a ton of Amex reward points).

Madlax anime boxset and the book "New Brunswick, New Jersey, Goodbye: Bands, Dirty Basements and the Search For Self" by Ronen Kauffman from my Mom.  

Couple hundred bucks in cash.  

I've already watched 15 episodes of Madlax, gotten through the first couple of chapters in my book, and cleared out the mess of papers with directions to various places from my car's center console.

I'm happy.  I got items I really needed (GPS, cash) and the fun stuff I most wanted (anime, book.)

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 10:46:10 PM »

I got a ridiculous amount of stuff this year because I told my mom to surprise me. I hate surprises, so usually I just say exactly what I want and leave it at that, but I decided to let my family have fun with it this year.

Over black Friday I got a new HDTV for use with my PS3, so I opened and set that up, and to go with it, I got Stranglehold! Being a huge fan of campy Hong-Kong action flicks, I've been wanting this for a while. Additionally, somehow my brother convinced my mom to buy Rock Band, so that came completely out of left field. Additionally out of left field came the Persona 3 OST!

As far as PS2 games, I also got Odin Sphere and Wild Arms 5.

I also got a bunch of non-game-related things such as a bamboo steamer pot , a George Foreman grill and an electric tea kettle.

So I hope everyone had as good a Christmas present-wise as I did, and I hope everyone who celebrates the religious aspect had a fantastic day.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

I didn't ask for anything besides Rock Band, and was pleasantly surprised with this year's haul. The coolest things by far were these packs of random stuff from around the world, which can be found here. I got gift sets 1 and 7, which make me the proud owner of one badass carpenter knife and a bitchin' plastic flask. I also got a new wallet since my old one (of the same model) broke. My sister got me a very green sweatshirt, a how to survive in the wilderness book (for god-knows-what reason, considering that I almost never go outside my home), and "Air Guitar" by David Hickey, which is supposedly a very good book. Finally, I received a guitar amp (Line 6 Spider III 15) for my forthcoming guitar lessons.

A very good year overall.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone! Yea...kind of late in the wishes but I've been busy.

Teh Loot:

- Super Mario Galaxy
- An acoustic guitar which completely surprised me, but cool nonetheless.
- Cafe Rio gift card
- A book about a handcart company of Mormon pioneers that my ancestors were a part of.
- 60 bucks cash
- A Vans hoody
- A Marc Ecko (I think that is how it was spelled) Star Wars t-shirt that is completely badass.

That's it.
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

1 gig Video MP3 Player
    Final Fantasy I (PSP)
    Pirates of the Carribean (UMD movie)
    $120
    McDonalds Card (just what I need... oh well, at least I don't have to pay for my artery clogging crap)
    3 T-shirts
    Live Free or Diehard DVD
    Simpsons Movie DVD

I plan on using some of my gift money to buy or rent Lumines so I can finally downgrade my PSP. Anyone know any other games that work?
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
My parents bought me an Xbox 360.  I was annoyed to find out that it doesn't have wireless capability out of the box.  I was pissed to see that the necessary adapter costs a fucking arm and a leg.  Microsoft and XBox Live can both lick my taint.

At least Mass Effect is fun. :P

Do you mean wireless internet or wireless controllers?

I'm considering buying one with some of the money I got from relatives.

From my family I got a 20" iMac.  This was quite an unexpected, but needed surprise (and also doubles as my uni graduation gift too).  I was a bit uneasy about it because of all the bad press apple is getting about their shitty screens, but mine is 100% perfect, so i'm pretty happy.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »

Here's my loot:

- Family Guy vol. 1, 2, and 5
- Family Guy trivia game
- Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
- $200
- Chocolate. Lots of chocolate
- Baffle Gab (apparently, it's the best rated "board" game of last year. It looks like a ton of fun)
- This talking parrot thing that records your voice and repeats what you say
- A hair dryer :P
- Coffee
- A Bible, in my mom's attempt to change my religion

I'm pretty stoked, especially since I have all of the Family Guy episodes now. I'm not sure what that money is going towards, though, but it'll probably be for a Wii and Brawl.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 02:41:34 AM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"

Ya know, I saw David Sedaris here live, earlier this year. Really funny guy. Just stood and told stories for about 90 minutes, no "act", and had the audience in tears laughing for the entire time... actually it was too short, wished he'd talked for longer. Once again proving that short, balding, shy, gay men from NYC can be fuckin hillarious.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:25 AM »

This is late from me, but Happy Belated Festivus! I had a good time with my family at my brother's house. We had a dinner, lots of appetizers, which I made the mistake of getting full from when I got there, and I was playing lots of air hockey with my cousins, nephew, and aunt. I beat them all with ease, and am currently undefeated! As for gifts, I got a nice wool hat that looks like those old-fashioned hats Irishmen would wear, and a warm scarf. Not much, sure, but I don't need lots of gifts, and expensive gifts, at that, on the holidays anymore. I buy the expensive "wants" with my own money. The holidays (to me) are a time to spend time with family and watch the children be happy with their gifts.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 12:57:50 AM »

We took the gift cards we got for Christmas and bought Rock Band for the 360 yesterday.  Here's our band as they were originally (Damien's on guitar, Daphne sings, and Jonas is the drummer):

And here's Daphne's new look:

Sorry for the huge images - I didn't know how to shrink them to something more reasonable that you could click on for the bigger size.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 09:52:04 AM »

I asked for books and clothing. Here's what I got:

-Laptop with wireless internet
-Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller
-Nadja by Andre Breton
-A Far Rockaway From the Heart by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
-Poetry Speaks Expanded (107 poets read their work outloud)
-Socks, boxers, pajamas etc...
-Money

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: