Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327884 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  tales of symphonia 2 trailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: tales of symphonia 2 trailer  (Read 2040 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2007, 07:02:13 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29262.html

looks like the graphics are in the style of TotA and the results arent very good loooking =/

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

oh snap, another direct sequel!

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

I guarantee it won't be the last sequel either. Namco'll treat ToS like Square-Enix treats FF VII.

Anyways, I liked the trailer, and that fight between the new main character and Lloyd looked pretty cool. If you can fight Lloyd in that game, I'd buy it easily. And Is Fujishima the character designer in KoR? The original characters look a little different, though not as bad as the anime counterparts.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 11:44:01 PM »

I saw Zelos in that trailer. Isn't there some story branch in ToS that replaced him with Kratos or something? I never had it happen for me so er no idea what it was about.

also, yeah, this really isn't the first direct Tales sequel. ToS, for that matter, was a prequel to ToP.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »

There's a series of choices you can make as to whether you get Zelos or Kratos in the end.

However, oh god, why did they use the Tales of the Abyss engine in Knights of Ratatosk? It looks like even below-PS2 graphics. No detail in the characters at all. It looks 10x worse than the ToS engine!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »

No, it doesn't look sub PS2. If it lokoed sub-PS2, it'd be even more jagged and there'd be crap like texture warping and weird clipping issues.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »

Actually, that doesn't look like TotA in the slightest. It no longer uses the ToS cellshading (which I actually really liked). but it looks like a fairly detailed non-cell-shaded engine. What I really was impressed with, though, wasn't the detail, but the motion, which was very fluid and subtle, almost more like Twilight Princess's attention to detail in motion. Also, it seemed as though there were a lot of little details scattered around, like when the girl is showing Lloyd her collection of Lloyd fan art (that made me giggle). No, I'm really impressed. I've been a lot more attuned to subtlety in movement these days, especially after Twilight Princess came along and blew everything out of the water, and this is the first thing that seems to have come close, you can really see the expressions and emotions of the body language here, I can already see I'm going to like this a lot.

pre-PS2? My ass, that's easilly current gen, especially when you take into acount the fluidity and high frame rate.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »

I liked ToS' cell shading too. Because it was subtle, and didn't look like Jet Grind Radio. In general, if you're using cel shading to actually make stuff look cartoony, like in WW or Ookami, it works well, except most of the time cel shading ends up as "normal models with weird, obnoxious floating outlines. In the case of like... ToS, or even DQ8 or SMT:N, it's mostly there to make the... lighting "behave" differently I guess.

o/` I do not dream o/`

concrete donkey

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »

am i the only person who didnt like tales of symphonia?!! there must be others out there..
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »

What the hell is it with Japanese voice acting though. Every particularly 'role' in every game sounds, like, identical. High-pitched girl. Serious sounding older guy. Teenage main character. It's like you've got these set roles and every actor USED in said roles has to sound like said archetype?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »

Looks good to me, graphics and all. Even if the graphics weren't up to snuff, the art direction is there, so that should be all that really matters.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: