Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 04:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331685 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  new FFXIII trailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: new FFXIII trailer  (Read 6155 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

some parts of it you've seen before but some of the footage is new and it looks awesome. glad i own a ps3 ive been getting sick of friends presuring me to get a 360...anyways...

edit: embed didnt work so i added a link instead. oh and lightning is a hottie!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29007.html

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »

I can't wait to play FFXIII.

I don't have a PS3 yet because I think the game list looks weak right now, but MGS4 and FFXIII will definitely make me purchase a PS3.

Too bad other promising RPGs aren't announced on PS3 though... Since Xenosage is over, and Shadow Hearts series seems dead too, I'm unsure if I can expect great RPGs on PS3...
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »

PS3 is getting Disgaea 3, White Knight Story, and many more RPGs. It's RPG line-up is probably stronger from here on out than the 360s.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »

The only problem I have is that there are still so few RPGs announced for the system, in particular for early 2008. The two Final Fantasy XIII games are still far away from their respective release dates. At least White Knight Story will most likely come out sometime next year. I couldn't care less for Bandai Namco's cheap-a$$ port of the mediocre title that was Trusty Bell. Disgaea 3 doesn't really look like a next-gen title. Only Sega's Senjou no Valkyrie might be interesting.

All the other stuff, which was announced at one point or the other, is still pretty much up in the air. Bandai Namco, Konami, Hudson, Gust, and Atlus are supposedly all working on PlayStation 3 RPGs, but apparently can't or won't show anything.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »

what about the FFXIII versus trailer?

well you can still depend on the ps2 library... persona 4 for the next year... hope it gets released on the states....

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »

Quote from: "macirex"
what about the FFXIII versus trailer?

looks great imo.  The whole friendship angle is something I'm really interested in seeing.  Now we just need details about the battle/action system.

FF13 also sounds decent, but the videos so far haven't interested me that much.  I'm still holding out that it'll be a good title though.  I'm not as picky about certain things as I used to be (past few years I've been more of an "enjoy it for what it is" type) and am hoping it's an enjoyable title.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
some parts of it you've seen before but some of the footage is new and it looks awesome. glad i own a ps3 ive been getting sick of friends presuring me to get a 360...anyways...

edit: embed didnt work so i added a link instead. oh and lightning is a hottie!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29007.html

I also loved the new FFXIII trailer, there was a lot of stuff in there that I'd never seen before, only heard vaguely described in run-on-sentences from various people trying to say things from memory so seeing it with my own eyes was awesome, not to mention the new stuff in there that no one had ever mentioned before.  I love the song they use (the piece that's been used in all the versions so far that sounds like it will be one of the battle themes), totally fantastic, as well as the excerpt from the new song track they used in this latest trailer.  I personally love the setting of FFXIII.

Lightning has me hooked and I like the attitude they've shown for her, the expression towards the end of the trailer was great and wonderfully subdued, and ofcourse it doesn't hurt that she is a hottie as you said as well.  Her version of the Gun-Blade is still my favorite weapon design in ages.

Since White Knight Story was already in a somewhat playable state I still expect it in the first half of the year.

Since 2008 was brought up, honestly, I'm not particularly surprised by the secretive nature of many of the previously announced RPG projects for the PS3, Japanese developers seem to always be this way, though it really sucks that we haven't had updates about a bunch of them, the PS3 is only just barely a year old, and 2008 is really the first year that RPGs can really be expected, so we might see some announcements in the near future for games that will be released within the next 6-8 months.  The only problem to me is the coy nature of the latest two RPG announcements, there's no reason for a true next-gen Tales or SO4 to not be on PS3 or atleast multi, with the general 360 owners showing little interest in the genre and the system tanking in Japan where these games need to make some impact.  So I think the Tales game will be another 2008 PS3 RPG one way or the other.  Everyone's already making their claims/guesses for the game:  Game Videos, I assume they are just guessing like everyone else, decided to list it for only PS3.  http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16853

Still the lack of even any info no matter how small on more of the previously announced titles is very frustrating even if it's typical from these developers.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

Nice; another new character has shown his face! I'm glad we get to see someone other than Lightning. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty awesome (based on what we've seen), but it's good to know that she's not going to be alone in the fight (I'm going to assume that the guy wearing the beanie will be one of the main characters).

Also...Shiva is a motorcycle? Sweet. :P
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 09:32:47 PM »

Yeah, I fully expect him to be an awesome party member.  Even though I saw the image of him a while back it was great seeing how exactly he actually showed up and the cool first look we got of him taking out a few soldiers.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:42 PM »

The battle system looks really cool. The world seems like it was ripped straight from FFX. Only with motorcycles.

[/url]
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
The battle system looks really cool. The world seems like it was ripped straight from FFX. Only with motorcycles.

Funny, I was thinking it looked more like Xenosaga. Neat trailer.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 02:27:26 PM »

Sex.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »

The FFXIII trailer is a little over the top (assuming it's the same from before, the replies lead me to think it is) but I thought it was alright. vsXIII on the other hand just looks fucking retarded to me.
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »

I like the fact that Square finally got the idea of Shiva down pat. It took 13 games for them to realize that Shiva is both the God of Creation AND Destruction, as referenced by the two Shivas, both being Dark and Light forming the motorcycle.

I want this game sooooo much more than I wanted FF12. Thank God Square is making up for it's mistakes.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »

Meh. While I do like the world designs and technology demonstrated throughout is damned impressive, the characters look really, really unremarkable. Like, "we were made for FFIII" unremarkable. They're not bad per se, but Lightning amongst others looks like a backup NPC in some town somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: