Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star ocean 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Star ocean 4  (Read 9891 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
PS2

FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 07:18:42 PM »

So, uhh...this gonna be on the PS2 or PS3?

Dreamcast.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
So, uhh...this gonna be on the PS2 or PS3?

Dreamcast.

HOLY SHIT.

That would be for even greater justice.

Possibly the greatest justice.

Eusis, I think I'm falling in love with you all over again.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 07:20:59 PM »

Developers need to let the PS2 die so people upgrade to the newer consoles. I can't believe Atlus is making Persona 4 for the PS2. Not to dash anyones PS2 dreams, but I think with the budget Square-Enix has they aren't going to need to make anymore PS2 games. Thats why Atlus is making Persona 4 for the PS2. So Star Ocean 4 will at least be on a next-gen system (I would prefer PS3 myself).

pinkspiderx

pinkspider1102@hotmail.com pinkspiderx64
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »

but some people (me!) can't afford the ps3 right now.  (well i COULD but dad says he dosnt want it in his house cause we dont have a HD tv so there would be no point.. my argument? i cant tell the diffrence between hd and regular my eyes dont allow me to hahaha.. he still is being a meanie about it)

Now Playing: Mana Khemia
Waiting For :  Persona 4 - Chaos Wars
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Developers need to let the PS2 die so people upgrade to the newer consoles.

YOU ARE NOW MY MORTAL ENEMY.

And I say that as someone who has already upgraded to the newer consoles. I have a 360 and a Wii and frankly, neither one of them has given me much entertainment (and the 360 doesn't fucking work now).
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »

I don't mind RPGs being developed for the PS2 (since I have a 60 gig PS3,) but developers need to move on. You can do so much more on the PS3/360 than you can do on the PS2.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
Developers need to let the PS2 die so people upgrade to the newer consoles.

YOU ARE NOW MY MORTAL ENEMY.

And I say that as someone who has already upgraded to the newer consoles. I have a 360 and a Wii and frankly, neither one of them has given me much entertainment (and the 360 doesn't fucking work now).

I didn't want to make any enemies :(. I was just posting my opinion on the matter. Right now I would just prefer developers to focus on next-gen development so more people buy them, which in turn would give us more games since they would sell more.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »

Somehow, now that I think about it, I doubt Tri-Ace has the budget to make a game that'll actually make use of the PS3. Square-Enix may be able to afford a budget like that with FFXIII, but most other developers don't pull in as much money as they do.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »

The only thing is that Square-Enix is helping develop SO4 and is publishing it like always, so the budget should be there. Not to mention tri-Ace is currently working on a next-gen title for the 360 (Infinite Undiscovery) so I don't think money is getting in there way.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »

What developers really need to do is stop making everything multiconsole when it just doesn't work. I want games that take advantage of the Wii's capabilities for example, not get gimped so it can work on the PS2 as well, or be completely pointless off of it (hey there Raving Rabbids!).
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 10:34:08 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
What developers really need to do is stop making everything multiconsole when it just doesn't work. I want games that take advantage of the Wii's capabilities for example, not get gimped so it can work on the PS2 as well, or be completely pointless off of it (hey there Raving Rabbids!).

I totally agree. I have all three consoles and would like to see some great exclusives for all of them. I hate picking sides on multiplatform games (mainly 360 vs. PS3).

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
PS2

FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Persona 4

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2008, 11:22:23 PM »

Developers need to let the PS2 die so people upgrade to the newer consoles. I can't believe Atlus is making Persona 4 for the PS2.

No, they don't.  Sony can take their $600 console and shove it.  And until a massive price cut, any games on the system can do the same.

What you meant to say was, "developers need to pressure Sony to lower the -ridiculous- cost of the system, in order to make people purchase the damn thing."  The consumer will be much happier, and developers' motivation to work with the PS3 will increase naturally as a result.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Developers need to let the PS2 die so people upgrade to the newer consoles. I can't believe Atlus is making Persona 4 for the PS2.

No, they don't.  Sony can take their $600 console and shove it.  And until a massive price cut, any games on the system can do the same.

What you meant to say was, "developers need to pressure Sony to lower the -ridiculous- cost of the system, in order to make people purchase the damn thing."  The consumer will be much happier, and developers' motivation to work with the PS3 will increase naturally as a result.

Not to be mean or anything, but the PS3 is not 600 bucks anymore. The only one that seems to be in stores right now is the 40 GB (which is the one I got) and it is only 400, cheaper than the 360 Elite. Price is no longer an obstacle for Sony, its exclusives that live up to their hype. Their sales spiked a ton with the price drop and the Blu-ray victory is going to give them even more sales.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: