Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Guilty pleasures...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guilty pleasures...  (Read 1647 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »

I know I don't have the same musical tastes/interests as many active members on this board (various forms of hard rock, metal, etc...).

But I wanted to post here and mention that I've developed a guilty pleasure recently. It's the "Fueled By Ramen" record label.

All the bands on their label have TONS of content on YouTube. And I really like two bands in particular:

Panic! At The Disco
Paramore

It's like ... I don't think it's all super-cool or anything. But I LIKE listening to it. And when I'm at work, I just get on YouTube and listen to stuff. And those two bands are in my list of really good stuff.

Anyone else listen to music that they're sort of embarrassed to enjoy? I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that I'm so pre-teen emo bitch.

Ramza

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

I like Ace of Base.  A lot.  If I know someone is coming over to peruse my music, I hide their cds. :P

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »

I am a huge ABBA fan. I'm not ashamed of it though, I try and convert all my friends :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »

Every day I walk past the theater on Broadway where they play "Mamma Mia!"  I try not to even look at the posters for fear I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. :)  Abba's music is just too darned catchy!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »

My guilty pleasures would have to be bands like Nickelback and Billy Talent.  Oh, and The Darkness! They kick all kinds of ass.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 03:47:39 AM »

My biggest guilty pleasure song is easily Dream Theater's "You Not Me."  The song makes Dream Theater sound like N'SYNC.  Seriously, just listen to the chorus- it sounds like an N'SYNC song.  But despite the song being terrible and Desmond Child being a terrible songwriter (in my opinion), the song has an undeniable catchy quality to it.  After I listen to that, I'll always listen to "Under a Glass Moon" as an 'apology' of sorts.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

No guilty pleasures here. I like techno as much as death metal as much as game music and proud of it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
I know I don't have the same musical tastes/interests as many active members on this board (various forms of hard rock, metal, etc...).

But I wanted to post here and mention that I've developed a guilty pleasure recently. It's the "Fueled By Ramen" record label.

I'm not a huge fan of "Panic!" but i fucking LOVE the Fueled By Ramen label. Started by a couple of guys from my fave band Less Than Jake and have pumped out a lot of quality records from great bands. I mean....look at this lineup!

http://www.fueledbyramen.com/bands/

Oh and I enjoy dance/techno when i go on semi long drives.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
Every day I walk past the theater on Broadway where they play "Mamma Mia!"  I try not to even look at the posters for fear I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. :)  Abba's music is just too darned catchy!

Haha, I saw the first London production of 'Mamma Mia!' back in the day! :P

My music taste has widened greatly of late. I'm starting to get into some varities of dance music, and things like that. As others have said, I'm not ashamed of it. I just enjoy having so damn much to listen to.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 07:12:50 PM »

R&B from the early 90s in general. I really enjoy it just because I grew up on that shit, but I wouldn't be caught dead listening to it in public.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: