Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338099 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Fuck WoW....I'm going home.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fuck WoW....I'm going home.  (Read 7058 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:10:15 PM »

I'm done with these fucked up "SERVER ISSUES" that Blizzard cant seem to get fixed. I couldnt log on to the game at all today....I couldnt even access worldofwarcraft.com until an hour ago....and now this:

Today, Friday April 7th, live Technical Support will no longer be available starting at 2:00 PM Pacific Time due to a department meeting. The team will return to their normal hours of 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday April 10th.

What the fuck is that? What MULTI MILLION DOLLAR company loses tech support COMPLETELY for a weekend? Fuck this...I'm unintalling WoW now and sending a nice note to them and I'm reinstalling DAoC....at least with a 5 year old game I know their servers are optimized.

Fucking CHRIST.....Blizzard has had almost a year and a half to get their system running correctly and in the past three months i havent seen one week go by without major problems like "OMG UNABLE TO CONNECT CUZ OUR SERVERS ARE BROKE!" or "OMG RANDOM WORLD SERVER CRASH! TIME TO REBOOT IT!"

Fuck Blizzard. Sorry guys, I'm done.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:48:13 PM »

I feel as if I just said this not a week ago.  Weird sense of deja vu.

Oh well.  Don't cry.

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »

Yeah, I haven't been able to play much for the past couple of days but I guess its not so bad for me since I just considered it a break from WoW. Started watching some anime, reading a book and DLed Bones. So it was kind of refreshing for me.

I hope to see you back on, bro.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 05:27:21 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
.Blizzard has had almost a year and a half to get their system running correctly and in the past three months i havent seen one week go by without major problems like "OMG UNABLE TO CONNECT CUZ OUR SERVERS ARE BROKE!" or "OMG RANDOM WORLD SERVER CRASH! TIME TO REBOOT IT!"

Fuck Blizzard. Sorry guys, I'm done.

I agree.  It's ridiculous all the lag and server issues they have.  A lot of things are beyond fucked up (Dm & Hunters -- that's all that needs to be said).  I am very close to quitting myself.  I will definitely quit by the time summer rolls around (when in summer, i don't know).  

I hope the expansion comes out soon because I promised myself the day it did come out I was going to quit.  So hurry up blizz and release a buggy product too early (don't worry it'll fit in with the rest of your shit blizzard and probably < .1% will quit over it) so I can quit sooner.

I also had a 60 priest I was raiding with, but I quit him because I couldn't take all the lag at night.  I realize some was client side, but a lot was server side too.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 05:47:51 PM »

I played DAoC for about three hours last night....and it's still a great game. It doesnt look anywhere as nice as WoW, but it's fun and their new Darkness Rising and Catacombs expansions have a lot of content that isn't just high level shit.

I did an instance dungeon with another guy last night (we were both level 6) and gained two levels out of it. Yeah the population is TINY (back when I was playing it there were an average of 1700 people per server, now there are about 400) but it's got a lot of content that I like.

I'll come back to WoW sometime soon, but I'm pissed as shit at Blizz now. If they dont fix the game....I'm sure I could start a revolt on the WoW forums. It's filled with haters anyway.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »

This crap is still going on? I stopped playing WoW more than six months ago (on EU servers admitedly), and one of the reasons I left was because of constant server problems. Login servers were down, zones crashed, the mail system wasn't working, characters got stuck in loot position and so on and so forth. Not to mention that each and every time there was a patch the servers would be down for a few hours more than planned. There were always some "emergency fix" that had to go in before they could start them up again.

I find it extremly amusing that Blizzard still haven't been able to get their servers stable after all this time. With the bucketloads of money they're making off the game one would think they could afford to hire some decent technicians.

It seems not.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:17 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
This crap is still going on? I stopped playing WoW more than six months ago (on EU servers admitedly), and one of the reasons I left was because of constant server problems. Login servers were down, zones crashed, the mail system wasn't working, characters got stuck in loot position and so on and so forth. Not to mention that each and every time there was a patch the servers would be down for a few hours more than planned. There were always some "emergency fix" that had to go in before they could start them up again.

Yep.  1.10 patch just went live almost 2 weeks.  Everything you described pretty much happened after the patch.  I'm guessing the weather had something to do with it, but I know shit about programming so it's only a guess.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »

I highly doubt weather has shit to do with it. There are TONS of MMOs that have weather effects and dont have this problem. DAoC....weather is a pretty frequent thing (it rained three times on me last night in/around Jordheim), EQ had weather effects and even player spells that can repell rain/snow/etc.

It just seems that Blizz thinks they can run the game on the same servers they had at launch. Uh...boys....smalltime websites change servers almost yearly (and sometimes much more if they get increasing page views per day).

Blizzard = Cheap assfucks.

Edit: Oh and one thing I didn't touch on in my first rant.....

Server Queue. That is the biggest bullshit thing i have ever seen. I've seen server queues in ONE other instance and that was the first week Planetside went live and it was nowhere near as bad. It's a fucking nightly thing! I logged out cause of a lootbug and low and behold....when I log out it boots me to login screen and then....OMG SERVER QUEUE!!!! I waited 20 min to get back in.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.
BLIZZARD?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 07:22:47 PM »

Blizzard has stated that they're moving all their servers onto new hardware - Dalaran has already migrated to the newest hardware.  Additionally, I haven't seen queues on Dark Iron since the first two weeks the server was up.

There are games with more stable logins and servers, etc.

Like PlanetSide and ShadowBane and Horizons.

Which would you rather play? :-p

And just as a note: people who are saying "it's taking too long" - they migrated 4 servers this last week.  If it were PlanetSide or Matrix Online, that would be the entire amount they'd need to migrate - not a fucking billion.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »

What server are you on on DAoC, Dade?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 03:58:25 PM »

I'm on Gareth in Midgard. Name's Kaijsa and I really wanted to play the Valkyrie class.....and it's cool.

If you're more inclined to do Alb or Hib just let me know.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 11:54:58 PM »

I can't find you. What is your new characters name?

I am not sure if we can actually communicate on the Co-Op server if we are on different factions, despite what it says in the server notes.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:01:30 AM »

Have any of you ever played UO? My god, you all would have had a heart attack. The servers on WOW are godlike compared to what UO was like back when I played (Rennaissance-LBTR). Then again I quit WOW in August 2005. Did the servers get even worse? I honestly doubt I'd ever get back into WOW, unless somehow they put in on 360 seeing as I don't have a computer worth a damn. To be honest, that would never happen.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 12:37:33 PM »

Ive actually been thinking about heading back to DAOC.  I used to play it back when Atlantis came out, but quit around then, since I didnt have the time...ill have to give the trial a spin.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 09:34:21 PM »

Dagg and I are on the Co-Op server since I like Midgard but he seems to want to play all three realms. Hit us up on there if you restart and play on the Co-op server.

I'm Kaijsa and he's like.....six different people. Just hit me up. :P

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: