Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 09:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337759 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Fuck WoW....I'm going home.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fuck WoW....I'm going home.  (Read 7029 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

Screw you, I hadn't played since the first expansion was released and wanted to try some of the new stuff =P

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 06:23:16 PM »

The server login issues and lag have borked countless raid nights for us o Uldum, and come peak server time (around 6 PST), the ques are daily and the instance lag unbearable.  With the amount of money Blizz is getting from its subscribers, you'd think they'd have an army working on this worsening problem - but it doesnt seem the case. Thankfully I still have FFXI to play (and enjoying quite a bit more than WoW recently).
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 08:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
With the amount of money Blizz is getting from its subscribers, you'd think they'd have an army working on this worsening problem - but it doesnt seem the case.

A non-trivial part of the problem is that Blizzard isn't really making that much money.  Vivendi doesn't just let them have their own little pocket; money is funneled from the very profitable World of Warcraft to balance out Vivendi's less-profitable wings.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 02:38:44 AM »

So basically blizzard is raking in tons of cash each month to keep a game broken and almost unplayable at times....to fund crappy departments.

WOW! WHAT A BUSINESS MODEL!

Like I said to DR earlier today....I almost 100% guarantee you that the Blizz servers are fucking Dell computers running Windows NT and ME.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 01:33:40 AM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
So basically blizzard is raking in tons of cash each month to keep a game broken and almost unplayable at times....to fund crappy departments.

You're acting like it's their fault the company that owns them, Vivendi Universal, is telling them what they have to do with the money they take in from WoW.

You're just being irrational, now.

Their bosses...their owners are essentially taking the lion's share of the income from WoW and spreading it around the company. Blizzard has little to no control over this matter. At all.

So, yeah. It's obviously Blizzard's fault. They simply want to transport money away from themselves as quickly as possible. Yep. That's certainly a logical assumption.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 03:18:16 AM »

Well, the alternate to that is: If Blizzard's really making so much money, why are they still under Vivendi?

Contracts, blah blah etc., but....
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 03:33:33 AM »

I imagine they don't release games often enough to stay in business on their own or something like that - it's taking longer and longer between the release of their games.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 07:42:30 PM »

Quote from: "Chimpbot"

You're acting like it's their fault the company that owns them, Vivendi Universal, is telling them what they have to do with the money they take in from WoW.

You're just being irrational, now.

Their bosses...their owners are essentially taking the lion's share of the income from WoW and spreading it around the company. Blizzard has little to no control over this matter. At all.

So, yeah. It's obviously Blizzard's fault. They simply want to transport money away from themselves as quickly as possible. Yep. That's certainly a logical assumption.

So what you're saying is that Blizzard doesnt get to make any decisions regarding it's profits for making the game a better playing experience?

Please.....explain.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 02:18:11 AM »

So what you're saying is that Blizzard doesnt get to make any decisions regarding it's profits for making the game a better playing experience?

Please.....explain.

Short version is that Blizzard needed more resources towards the end of their SNES era, got bought by some company, then made Warcraft.  That company was bought by some other company, there was some sort of accounting scandal, and they were sold to Vivendi.  There's no way that Blizzard could've released--probably not even developed--a game as expansive as WoW without a pretty big parent company, and they were in an awful position for negotiating a contract with Vivendi.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
The server login issues and lag have borked countless raid nights for us o Uldum, and come peak server time (around 6 PST), the ques are daily and the instance lag unbearable.  With the amount of money Blizz is getting from its subscribers, you'd think they'd have an army working on this worsening problem - but it doesnt seem the case.

Hehe, the hideous server problems were one of the main reasons I quit WoW.  I hope to be back to give the expansion a spin, but given the fact Blizzard hasn't gotten their act together yet (and it's been a good 4 months or so since I left :P), I have this vague feeling the servers are going to be pretty much SOL then.  IIRC, it's supposed to be pay to play, not pay to wait in a queue for laggy and crashorific play.

Edit: Speaking of the lag... XD

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: