Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341148 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Guilty pleasures (the movie/TV edition)...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guilty pleasures (the movie/TV edition)...  (Read 3327 times)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »

Idea shamelessly stolen from Ramza. The concept is obvious and straightforward.

So....I'll start by admitting that I've always found Adam Sandler movies mildly amusing.

*bows head in shame*
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:06:33 PM »

I trash almost every single entertainment product that Japan excretes.  I'm well aware that this makes my undying love of Godzilla movies somewhat hypocritical. :P

Seriously, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla is my favorite movie ever.  I could quote the whole fucking movie when I was a youngster.  People just don't get  how an adult could love that shit, but I say fuck em. :P

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:45 AM »

I love a lot of Adam Sandler films as well. I just enjoy stupid humour, I suppose.

My guilty pleasure then, is probably the fact that I love Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 07:44:59 AM »

Teenage Girl Chick Flicks. That's right. Movies like "She's All That" and "Whatever It Takes"

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »

I am a HUGE Fresh Prince of Bel-air fan.

Nick at Night nowadays is awesome.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »

I am currently addicted to Desperate Housewives. Whatever, I'm not ashamed of it at all! It's an awesome show.

Most romantic comedies, especially starring Meg Ryan, get two thumbs up from me. I also like Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. *ducks*

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »

I'm going with Fresh Prince too.  Man, that show got funnier with every season. I miss it.  Movies........well I still consider the  Bill & Ted movies a gift from God but there's not much i'm "ashamed" of liking.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »

I like the first Tomb Raider movie.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »

When my 3 year old nephew was visiting and we were watching the Good Night Show on the Sprout channel, I was like "whoa, that Nina chick who hosts this programming block is hot!"  I've always liked PBS kids shows, but Nina gives me a guilty reason to watch that programming block.    

I think all of us have been guilty of watching stupid TV shows, stupid movies on TV, or cheesy music videos we normally wouldn't watch simply for eye candy.    

And if you want to talk about the ultimate guilty pleasure show, Baywatch.  Busty lifeguards in tight red swimsuits running in slow motion?  That's guilty pleasure fanservice viewing right there.  It's no accident that it's colloquially known as Babewatch.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

I guess anime doesn't count over the annominity of the interweb so I'll go with the fact that I've started watching pro wrestling again recently. I am more selective than I used to be though and torrent it instead of watching it on tv because for every good match or awesome stunt( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3FUFSDPd3E ) there's two slow uncharismatic wrestlers and 3 horrible backstage skits to fast forward through.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
When my 3 year old nephew was visiting and we were watching the Good Night Show on the Sprout channel, I was like "whoa, that Nina chick who hosts this programming block is hot!"  I've always liked PBS kids shows, but Nina gives me a guilty reason to watch that programming block.    

Man, you've got that right. That woman is gorgeous! My son has now grown beyond the Sprout channel, but I still flip over there every now and then just to see if she's on.

As for guilty pleasures:
In general, I don't find myself feeling guilty about liking anything. I like what I like, and thats that.
I'll watch crap like American Idol, wish I hadn't wasted my time, then continue to watch it every week. I suppose that counts.
Nan and I LOVE bad horror movies. Not guilty about it though. It's all in fun.
I still like the movie Titanic. Always have. I even own the soundtrack. Apparently, as a man I am not supposed to like it.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »

Eh, I really like Titanic as well. It's enjoyable, dammit!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"

I think all of us have been guilty of watching stupid TV shows, stupid movies on TV, or cheesy music videos we normally wouldn't watch simply for eye candy.    

And if you want to talk about the ultimate guilty pleasure show, Baywatch.  Busty lifeguards in tight red swimsuits running in slow motion?  That's guilty pleasure fanservice viewing right there.  It's no accident that it's colloquially known as Babewatch.

Man, if I had a quarter for every shitty TV show and movie that I've been chick-notized into watching, I'd damn sure have health insurance.  The most recent example is Ikki Tousen. Minus the fanservice, it's about as interesting as watching paint dry. With the fanservice, I couldn't tear myself away from it to save my life. (It has some incestuous (sp?) overtones, which I know you would be put off by, Dincrest.)

My hormones are also responsible for the one time I was able to watch Bring It On all the way through. The second time I watched it, I changed the channel right after that car wash scene.

And then there's The Next Karate Kid. Funny thing is, I did actually regard it as a good movie at one time because I was young and stupid, but now I know better...which doesn't stop me from watching it every time it pops up on cable because Hilary Swank is the closest thing on this earth to a goddess.

And Titanic actually scared the shit out of me when I watched it in middle school.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 01:53:09 AM »

I'm not much on TV these days, but I do have a guilty pleasure of watching game reality shows. While I am not obessive by any means, I do enjoy them from time to time, especially when not much else is on. They can get interesting and amusing to me. I don't bother with shows like American Idol, but I sometimes others such as Survivor (even though it gets real old) or Biggest Loser (it can really get emotional). It's one of my several guilty pleasures in life. Weird, but no shame.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: