Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 07:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327206 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  where does this sterotype come from?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: where does this sterotype come from?  (Read 6725 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 01:58:38 AM »

Made by combining Space Lemons and Cutlass.

If it were Rogue Galaxy, you'd make it by combining nitrogen and shoes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Unfortunately, Virginia Maxwell was NOT what I would consider a strong female character, in fact, she acted quite helpless and indecisive most of the time... and was continually crying for "Daddy". I think she was poorly written, I think she was supposed to be stronger, but a lot of the writing left her look like a timid "daddy's girl".

Cut the girl a little slack.  I mean, she was new to the whole "Drifter" thing and was pretty much thrust headlong into a rather difficult situation from the get-go.  Plus, she was made leader of a ragtag group of far more experienced Drifters, which I think is quite a heavy responsibility for anyone on their first adventure.  Hell, she WAS a "Daddy's girl" but I don't consider that a weakness.  It was one of the things that gave her a drive and purpose besides her slavish devotion to Justice.  Besides, I think she started to handle things a lot better once Maya slapped some sense into her (which was still very early in the game).  

Then again, I think Maya Schroedinger is one of the most awesome female characters in the entire WA series.  If only she was playable...

On the subject of strong female characters, there seems to be quite a few in the Atelier Iris series: like Lita and Marietta (AI1), and Noin and Fee (probably my top favorite in the series, AI2).  I haven't played AI3 yet, but that girl with the huge ass javelin-looking thing seems to kick much ass as well.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »

maybe its just the enviroment i was raised in(2 girls,5 boys,and the women run the show in my family.) but when i think of power i think of women. ive always liked confident and strong women like Aelia and Hrist from the VP series. even though she was strong physically Avril from WA5 annoyed me a lot.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: