Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327451 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Minstrel Song
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Minstrel Song  (Read 4602 times)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:30:55 AM »

Ok, I got that in the mail yesterday. I am doing the sidequests in Baten Kaitos as of now, but I can beat it already any time I want.
My Suikoden V is probably arriving later this coming week, so I am thinking in starting Minstrel Song today.
What are your favourite quests/characters? The hardest path, the easiest? This kind of thing.
I appreciate any input.
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »

The remake of Romancing SaGa was awful.  I couldn't even bear one second of it.  It was a huge disappointment, especially since I loved all the previous SaGa titles.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 02:53:51 PM »

I agree, I hated this title.  I don't mind freedom when playing a game, but half the time I didn't know what to do.  Gorgeous graphics, pleasant music, but the gameplay was too much.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:05:27 PM »

Wait for Pat's (Ramza's) reply. I remember him really liking this title, and he did a lot of the sidequests, and takled quite a few of the eight characters the game lets you choose from. He probably knows the most about the title than a lot of the people on these forums :P
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

Yes, I remember a couple people were really enthusiastic about this game back then, thats why I have posted that.
I did not have time to play today, so any input is still in time. :)
I think one of the moderators really loved the game. Was it Hidoshi? Whoever it was...
Freakgirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Gorgeous graphics

Indeed, but unfortunately I just couldn't get into the game, so I sold it to a friend of mine :p

I also know someone who really loved playing this game and who finished it with several characters. I guess it just takes quite a while to get into it. I already had my difficulties with Unlimited SaGa, so I kinda knew that I would have trouble with Minstrel Song, too ;-) Still love the interesting graphics of the SaGa-series, though.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »

I started out as Sif but I found it too hard since you start off in an isolated village and only have a generic barbarian warrior to help you out.  

So I started over with Claudia and it was tons easier to play.  I recommend having her in your party no matter which character you choose to start off with.  I ended up using Grey, Sif, Barbara/Hawke, with Miranda (I think that was her name) as my mage.  I kept switching out characters so I could do some quests as some are only available if you have a certain member in your party.  

I didn't do as much as Ramza who beat the game twice.  I think he did a run with Hawke, trying to get the evil ending.  I went with the neutral path and finished it only once.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »

Ok, thanks. I didn't start the game yet, hehe. I don't know why I bother buying RPGs nowadays, since I get all excited about purchasing them, but when I get them in the mail I don't even start to play them.
Considering I am probably getting Suikoden V this week, I guess I won't even start it right now, because I will want to stop it to play Suikoden V when it finally arrives.
I guess if I have time I will beat Baten Kaitos before that happens.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 11:26:27 PM »

It's not really hard to start sidequests. Go to random towns. Talk to anyone that you can talk to. Basically, same procedure as EVERY OTHER FREEFORM RPG EVER. I mean if you can handle, say, Oblivion...

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

Yeah, but Oblivion doesn't suck.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »

I personally thought Romancing SaGa was terrific.  It was definitely one of my favorite RPGs last year.  Although, I did get lost quite a bit in the game, so I had to use the strategy guide a lot.  Still, I think it's an excellent remake.  I badly want a remake to RS3.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »

I actually just recently got this, and I don't see why a lot of people hate on it. From the intro, to the graphics, to the music, and espeacially the battle/gameplay, it's amazing in my opinion. I agree that I was also lost more then a few times, but still, that didn't put as much as a dent in my experience. I guess it's just not for everyone...

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Streets of Rage

Burning Knuckle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »

This is the only SaGa game that I've played and really loved. I liked the Final Fantasy Legend games when I played them way back when. I thought that SaGa Frontier was all right, I hated SaGa frontier 2, and I've yet to play Unlimited Saga, but looking forward to trying it one day.

I found this game to be very fun. No random battles, quick save feature, big interesting world, great graphics, excellent soundtrack, every line is voiced, the combo system... all of that with the good SaGa gameplay staples integrated into one package.

I had no trouble finding quests at all. Every time I finished a quest, I'd find one or two right after. Each little quest has an interesting tale as well. The battle system is very fast and accessible. I don't have any complaints about the game at all.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »

Starterd yesterday with the adventurer. I played for over 8 hours, which is unusual for me to do these days - although I did with Suikoden V - and the game is amazing. The world is so huge. Definetely, I don't want random battles anymore!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

Well I am glad you are enjoying it.  It got a lot of crap reviews which I didn't think it deserved.  Sure it isn't for everybody but if you take it for what it is (non-linear game where you can do whatever you want) you can enjoy it.  The same goes for Metal Saga.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: