Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329917 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142135 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1620 on: September 01, 2008, 12:17:08 AM »

Tried playing King's Quest 1. I think I hate this series. Except 6. I rather like 6.

Also played Persona 2 for awhile though I didn't do much. Just seemed like a very labor day sort of thing to do.

---edit---

Then again apparently someone else worked on 6, so they most certainly temepred Roberta's Robertaishness.

---edit-----

Played FFVII a bit as that's also a very labor day sort of thing to do. Located Chocobo Sage. No idea what to do with that. Currently in Corel, doing something. Wanna start doing some sidequests in a bit. At 25 hours, I'm well past halfway over, so hopefully sidequests pad it out a bit.

Then again, I've gone through the midgar section like... 4 times, and I've never been able to get that to last long than 5 hours. Some people apparently take 20 hours to finish it. Am I missing something?

Also, can't remember if I found this charming back in the day, but I really love the gingerbread-house-looking houses that are used in comparison to the hi-tech stuff. It really is a pretty unique style.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1621 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:26 AM »

Just beat the first "act" of Too Human in about 2 hours. Doesn't bode well for overall game length time.

Still not sure how charms and runes work though.

The manual doesn't really explain that much.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1622 on: September 01, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »

I'm almost finished with Too Human and rented Tales of Vesperia. Haven't gotten a chance to play yet though..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1623 on: September 01, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

So I bought Disgaea 3 recently, loving the game so far.
I died at the end of Chapter 1, got a Game Over, yet it allowed me to save and continue. Now I'm in Chapter 2. Kinda weird.. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1624 on: September 01, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »

Downloaded Mario RPG off of VC. :D Just beat Mack.

In Tales of Vesperia, I just arrived at the forest after Danhgrest. Can't think of the name of it...
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1625 on: September 01, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »

I turned on my Wii this morning to check the new WiiWare and VC games only to find Super Mario RPG has finally made it to the VC. Downloaded it, and been playing it all morning. I just made it to Tadpole Pond.

Wish I had more time to play it, but now that school has started I'm SOL.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1626 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »

I so need to buy a Wii. All I really want to play is VC games though, and I already own the good stuff.....

I just finished Lost Odyssey with a final time 77 hours and 21 minutes. Only achievment I missed was "Treasure Trove", and that will give me a reason to fire it up once i catch up on school work and play through ToV.

So with ToV, I understand I will need multiple playthroughs to get everything. I plan on starting that real soon.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1627 on: September 02, 2008, 12:28:32 AM »

I've played Tales of Vesperia for 15 hours now. Digging it so far, although the air of familiarity is definitely there. Oh well, still a great game.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1628 on: September 02, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »

Somewhere in Act 2 in Too Human.

Dying all the time is quite annoying, having a huge amount of dark elves and trolls unleashed on you at once is not fun.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1629 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »

played some more ffx...i'm at the calm lands now just finishing up some side quests before i move on.  hoping to have the game done in a week or so we'll see what happens.

also started up justice for all....loving it so far...i love how characters, connections, and things that happened in the last game are still there.   i'm in the middle of the second case right now.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1630 on: September 02, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

I was out of town most of the weekend, but I did get to play TOTA last night.
***Beware of serious spoilers***
Eldrant:
Code:
It was actually pretty tough fighting Asch with just Luke. I didn't beat him until the third try. I actually wasn't expecting him to die, either. Bummer.
I fought Van once and lost to his second form. I ran out of life bottles and Tear just wasn't fast enough. I'll try again tonight.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1631 on: September 02, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »

Drillin' my way through SMRPG and Ys Book I&II. I've also been playing Heart Trigger Exelica from time to time.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1632 on: September 02, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »

I finally have a day off work so I can actually get in some time with ToV.  I'm only about 2 hours in and am now working my way through Quoi Woods. So far the game is very good.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1633 on: September 02, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »

More Arc the Lad 2 for me.

Code:
The game has sort of taken a nose-dive since Arc and friends have been reintroduced into the story. I really liked Elc and his comrades, but now that the previous cast has taken a more prominent role in the story, it's a shame that the main cast of Arc 2 has taken a back seat.

Anyway, I just got full access to the Silver Noah, so I've been flying around to different towns doing guild jobs and whatnot. Story-wise, I finished up the Bunza (?) Volcano thing, and killed Elena's (Gruga's daughter) real father.

It was pretty funny to see Gruga survive without a scratch after getting tossed into a pool of lava. =P

The game sems like it's getting more unbalanced bit by bit. It seems like every time I attack someone, they are able to defend against and be dealt less than 10 damage. Also, Tosh is fucking insane. I don't understand why he is able to kill bosses in one hit while the other characters have trouble taking down normal enemies.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1634 on: September 02, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »

I had wondered where you went LoS.  I think it's just playing TotA now.  :(

I'm just about caught up with you.  And my time more reflects yours than John's, cause I am now 70 hours in and am on my way to fight Mohs.  So, yeah.  John's a robot.  :P

I won't be getting back to the game till tomorrow night when my wife and I both start a four day holiday.  She's watched me play just about all of the game, so it would feel unfair if I didn't let her watch the last couple hours.  :P

I started Shining Force EXA.  I only played it for nine minutes though before I fell asleep.  I will refrain from judging it until I am farther in.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: