Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327838 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 140641 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1635 on: September 02, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
And my time more reflects yours than John's, cause I am now 70 hours in and am on my way to fight Mohs.  So, yeah.  John's a robot.  :P

Look, look, just because my timeclocks on games are tiny doesn't mean I'm a robot.

Anyone can beat Fable in 8 hours, Mass Effect in fourteen, and Tales of the Abyss in 28.

On another note, I'm playing Hotel Dusk because, well, it's a good game.  I'm at 6:40PM.

END TRANSMISSION.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: September 02, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »

Finally beat Uhura in QfG2: VGA. Not that she's HARD or anything. Just... lots of patience and timing, and levelling my stamina up. Anyway though beating her, weapon use and strength stats shot way the hell up. Also did the second thieves' guild mission which was easy as hell compared to the first. This is probably one of the most well-designed games I've ever played in pretty much any regard.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 02, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Anyone can beat Fable in 8 hours

Funny how this one isn't really so outrageous.

Priority on SMRPG over Ys. While I never properly owned Ys before I did beat it whereas I got stuck on the final boss in SMRPG way back.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1638 on: September 02, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »

Lots and lots of Tales of Vesperia. I played it for 10 hours straight yesterday. That's the longest straight gaming I've had since I first played DDS.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1639 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

Strolling along in Tales of Vesperia. Just did the first events at Nordopolica. Now I'm chasing after a thief. Big surprise.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »

ToV.  I'm just at the part where the demo took place. Heading for the harbour. Just learned the "OverLimit" technique. 6 hrs, 20 mins.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1641 on: September 02, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »

I've played a lot of Radiata Stories the past two days. I'm about 13-14 hours in.

Code:
Chose the nonhuman side because I hate Cross and wouldn't want to be allied with that arrogant bastard. Now I'm heading for the Goblin Haven, and I added Gil to my party, and he's badass.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1642 on: September 02, 2008, 11:15:34 PM »

I love Radiata Stories, though it has its flaws.

Code:
I've beaten it six times, and I've only been able to choose the human side once! But I like the human side's characters better. Gerald rules!

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 02, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »

Back to FFTA2, now that I finished a game for the site.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1644 on: September 03, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »

Finished Castle Crashers again, this time as a level 28 barbarian (unlocked the beekeeper). I maxed out his attack and was only about four points away from maxing defense. Total tank. Ripped through everything easily, besides that damn ice arena. Can't get past round 8 without being overwhelmed. The enemies there don't slip on ice, but player characters can't ever get their footing. It's the only area I've encountered that's more frustrating than fun.

I really love this game. With a few tweaks it could be truly incredible.

[/url]
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1645 on: September 03, 2008, 02:24:26 AM »

As much as I love Persona 3 I don't play it much. Anyway, I just got Fuuka. I'm at about 25 hours. Is this on par or am I going as slow as I think I am?

Also, beat King's Quest 1 VGA.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1646 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:22 AM »

Finished TOTA last night. Took me ONLY 87 1/2 hrs. About the same as DQVIII and DC2. I recall Symphonia taking around 65 or so. Why the hell do I play RPGs again?

Anyway...
Code:

Fought Van a few more times and beat him when I decided to have Luke play a more supporting role. I basically assisted Tear with keeping everyones Hp/Tp up, with the occasional Arte thrown in. Jade and Guy are my Heroes!
More emotional business between Luke and Tear. Kudos to the voice actors and writers for making me actually CARE about theses characters.
I'm a tad confused about the fate of Luke, though. Sooo...is he alive or dead? Him dying made sense to me, as sad as it was. Then we have the scene after the credits where he shows up in that meadow(or whatever). Was that a vision only seen by Tear? Kind of a last goodbye? Or is he still alive?

Regardless, this game has really taken a lot out of me(in a good way) and I'm going to have to play something a bit lighter before going into another long rpg.
Probably play God of War 2.
After that, I've got FFIV and Xenosaga III waiting for me.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1647 on: September 03, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

Just beat Act 2 in Too Human.
The 2nd act boss was quite easy, but the little level he was in was quite a PITA.

Game definately doesn't deserve the low scores it's been getting.
I'd give it an 8/10 so far.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »

I just finished Sticking It In Your Mom the RPG after 47hrs, 20min. It cost  $.05 at Wal-Mart.

Also: Started Ys Book I&II. God this game is amusing. RUN INTO YOUR ENEMIES ADOL! RUN INTO 'EM GOOD!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1649 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Finished TOTA last night. Took me ONLY 87 1/2 hrs. About the same as DQVIII and DC2. I recall Symphonia taking around 65 or so. Why the hell do I play RPGs again?

Anyway...
Code:

Fought Van a few more times and beat him when I decided to have Luke play a more supporting role. I basically assisted Tear with keeping everyones Hp/Tp up, with the occasional Arte thrown in. Jade and Guy are my Heroes!
More emotional business between Luke and Tear. Kudos to the voice actors and writers for making me actually CARE about theses characters.
I'm a tad confused about the fate of Luke, though. Sooo...is he alive or dead? Him dying made sense to me, as sad as it was. Then we have the scene after the credits where he shows up in that meadow(or whatever). Was that a vision only seen by Tear? Kind of a last goodbye? Or is he still alive?

Regardless, this game has really taken a lot out of me(in a good way) and I'm going to have to play something a bit lighter before going into another long rpg.

From what I remember reading from the creators (regarding the ending):
Code:
The ending scene could be Luke OR Asch.  Most think it's Luke and it doesn't make any sense to me for it to be Asch.  Maybe it is a dream, but I'm pretty sure it meant he lived.  It's been awhile since I beat it so i'm not 100% positive.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: