Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 11:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318967 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 138048 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »

Been a while since I played an RPG. The grinding ensues in Tales of Legendia. I'm almost where I want to be level-wise and ability-wise. I'm mastering some of Jay's base eres, since the computer can't do it itself.

Code:
Yes, I'm STILL training to beat Dark Vaclav and I'm saving my 9 climax bottles for the last boss.

I bought SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 used yesterday at Gamestop for $40. Quite a bargain compared to what people want them on Amazon. I almost shit myself when I saw that and Disgaea sitting next to each other. The local Gamestop also has DDS2 for $20, and that game has been sitting on the shelf for a year, so I bet it'll be there this weekend after I get my measly paycheck....
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »

I've decided that I'm not going to continue playing FFXI. I've got too much school related work (for some odd reason, even more now that I'm in college), and I just don't have enough time to put into one single game. I played the beginning of FFT (I've never played it before) on my PSP, and died on one of the first battles because of a stupid move. I'm looking forward to playing it some more, but I think it might be better to finish a couple of games first.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2008, 01:48:06 AM »

Good lord. Getting the medal for Sector Z in StarFox 64 was a pain in the ass! I had to restart several times before I finally managed to pull it off because my teammates kept taking out one of the missiles. Those hits didn't count toward my score. It was really pissing me off, but I finally managed to do it on my second to last life. When Area 6 rolled around I took out all my frustration on my allies, and tackled Venom solo and surprisingly didn't have too much trouble.

I didn't want to attempt getting medals in the other levels I have left after that. So that leaves me with Solar, Macbeth, Aquas, and Zoness.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 08:12:36 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
I played the beginning of FFT (I've never played it before) on my PSP, and died on one of the first battles because of a stupid move. I'm looking forward to playing it some more, but I think it might be better to finish a couple of games first.

When I tried to play FFT on the PS1, I didn't realize you could actually have more than just one person on your side in the second battle (the one right after the fight where you only control yourself).

Last night, I bought Pursuit Force 2.  I loved the first, even though it was really frustrating at times.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »

Last three games I've finished have all been for the Nintendo DS. Those games were Front Mission, Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. Currently playing Grandia III and Call of Duty 4 online on the PS3.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 05:27:52 PM »

Played so much FFXII last night after we got the disc workin again.

Ashe just joined up (YAY) and I've been levelling up inside the Leviathan.

Totally loving the great acting in this game.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »

I've still yet to play my copy of FFXII.

Anyways, popped in P3 into the PS3 and just leveled up some of my weaker guys. I'm in early November and just opened the fifth block, with the main character at level 62 and everyone else at 53-55(besides Fuuka.)
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »

I finally finish Tales of rebirth and well, not much to add, it,s just another tales more, the end was pretty normal. And now i will play a bit to terranigma i guess still Castlevania X come to Europe.

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »

Back to playing Ar Tonelico again. Started Phase 3. Everytime I start to think the music is getting stale the game throws another great track at me. I thought Sleipner was good battle music, but the current battle music is great.

Anyway, I hope to finish this off soon. I have about three or so more places to go through, I think. 5 - 10 hours more of work and I will have beaten my first RPG of 2008. Exciting stuff.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

Quote from: "Wilsongt"
Back to playing Ar Tonelico again. Started Phase 3. Everytime I start to think the music is getting stale the game throws another great track at me. I thought Sleipner was good battle music, but the current battle music is great.

Anyway, I hope to finish this off soon. I have about three or so more places to go through, I think. 5 - 10 hours more of work and I will have beaten my first RPG of 2008. Exciting stuff.

<3<3<3

I should play through again and end with a different girl. Though, I chose Aurica and she is the best. Enjoy the Shurelia cosmosphere thing: it's this straight-up ridiculous fake adventure novel. LOVED it.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »

Played a little more Tales of Legendia. Everyone's at level 65 or over, and I'm finishing up learning Jay's base skills before I fight the first boss in Grune's quest.

Played a little Persona 3. Beat the boss on floor 171 and got up to floor 180. I'm glad I don't have to go through 15 floors for the next teleporter(and boss) anymore. I use up way too much SP as the main character.

I also plan to (finally) play more Skies of Arcadia Legends and Chrono Trigger today.

Yay for snow canceling school.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »

Steambot Chronicals here. Just found Mallow, and am currently heading ALL THE WAY BACK to Seagull beach to "find myself". Enjoyable game, it's "sandboxy" but has enough of a plot to keep things moving forward.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »

Tax returns for the win!

Bought a Slim PSP, ordered a new laptop, and nabbed both versions of Pokemon DS (one for myself and one for my 9 y.o. brother).

Started playing Magical Starsign today. So far, it's shaping up to be yet another entry into the increasingly long list of Games I Like No Matter What You Fuckers Think. :P
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

Mmmmm tax returns, I need to get on that asap.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »

Man, been ages since I posted.

So I got Blue Dragon since the price droppe, 40 bucks new. I could have got it for 35 used, and in great shape,but I wanted to make sure my vote counted, if you know what I mean. I am really liking this game so far. Sure, I am 26 now and the tone of the adventure is aimed at a younger auidence, but the basic old school game play is in full effect, and I love it. I really think that this will be a game that helps me get back into the offline, single player RPGs again. Really need less MMO in my gaming diet I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: