Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 11:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334708 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142954 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:35:38 PM »

This is where we talk about what games we're playing right now!  If you don't understand, just do what I do!

I'm playing Dead Rising right now, and I finally got done with 72 hour mode!  Now I'm at the end of Overtime Mode and I can't beat the motherfucker on the tank!  I'm also playing through Marvel:  Ultimate Alliance again, except this time I'm using a team that's melee-centric because the AI apparently can't be bothered to do anything but throw punches!

!

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »

About 8 hours into SMT Nocturne, loving it thus far.  The game doesn't seem to be nearly as challenging as some parts of Persona 3 but I'm sure it'll get difficult rather quickly.

Kind of funny, but I had no problem beating the 3 boss fight battle arena but it took me 3 tries to beat
Code:
Dante.

Games on hold until I can figure out how the different endings work, if anybody knows feel free to answer my thread in Teh Helper Monkey.  Thanks.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »

One fun game that I've been playing recently is TrackMania Nations. For those of you who've never played a TrackMania game, the basic concept is that it's a racing game with some crazy tracks (loop-de-loops, half pipes, long jumps, etc). It also includes a track editor and online play. TrackMania Nations is free and has a pretty solid online community. Definitely worth checking out.

I also played the Kane and Lynch demo out of sheer boredom. Quite sucktastic.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:05:18 PM »

As of right now, I'm replaying Grandia II.

Masamune, are you playing on normal? Nocturne on Hard mode was a very challenging game on some parts, but I found Persona 3 to be of average difficulty, and very fun as well.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:50:11 AM »

Little bitta Metal Saga, little bitta Romancing Saga, little bitta Wizardry: TotFL.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:52:53 AM »

Still ploughing through P3.

And playing Suikoden on the PSP.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »

After not playing games for a couple of months, I'm back on Super Mario Galaxy. It's got pretty much the best control system I've ever played. I adore it.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
About 8 hours into SMT Nocturne, loving it thus far.  The game doesn't seem to be nearly as challenging as some parts of Persona 3 but I'm sure it'll get difficult rather quickly.

Kind of funny, but I had no problem beating the 3 boss fight battle arena but it took me 3 tries to beat
Code:
Dante.

Games on hold until I can figure out how the different endings work, if anybody knows feel free to answer my thread in Teh Helper Monkey.  Thanks.

Matador was harder than anything in Persona 3...Persona 3 was rather easy for a SMT I felt, but I think they made it more that way due to the time limit and stuff.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »

Played about 45 minutes worth of Dark Cloud 2 last night. Then played 4 missions in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Gaming ADD ftl.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »

I started DDS up last night to unfortunately find out that the PS2 is being shit with PAL games now as well.  So this leaves me with needing to grab up a new PS2 and modding it so we can play NTSC and PAL games.

Jesus, what I need to go through to legally play the games I legally own.  :P

Played more Riviera.  I'm in chapter three now.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »

I'm playing a bit of Mythos, which is the free Diablo-esque game from the people who did Hellgate. It's a lot like Diablo, and thats really all there is to say. If anyone wants an invite to the beta, PM me. I've got two.

Otherwise I've been playing the wonderful game called "Road to the Physics Final". Basically you study, and study, and study some more, and then realize that you still are unprepared. Most fun all year.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »

Gitaroo Man Lives- I'm at that cathedral stage with that creepy bishounen guy who's obsessed about his mommy.  

Ontamarama- I'm at the final stage in normal and it's making me dizzy.  I have 2700 ontamarama points and though I could buy 'cheats' with them, I'm saving them for a 3000 point bonus song.  The music totally saves this game.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »

Surprisingly: Steambot Chronicals. I'm actually really enjoying it. It's probably not the kind of game I'll play for 40 hours and actually finish, but I'm having fun with it at the moment. Probably wouldn't purchase it, but borrowing it from a friend... I'm greatly impressed. I sorta do wish the graphical style was more anime, like on the cover, the characters look a little bland.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
If anyone wants an invite to the beta, PM me. I've got two.

I IM'd (in case anyone goes "I wonder if he still has two?").  I played Diablo 2 for something like 5 years on and off.

Gitaroo Man - I played the original on the PS2, because I love rhythm games, and it kicked my butt six ways from Sunday.  Can't remember how far I got, but I don't think it was very far.  Something in space?

As to actually playing something, I just beat a game called Warriors of the Lost Empire on the PSP tonight.  I'll be writing up a review for the site - one of only one or two reviews out there for this game, from what I can tell.

At home, I'm playing Rock Band and Half-Life 2 (I played Portal first thing when I got The Orange Box, and it was awesome).  Planning very soon on buying the new Pursuit Force for the PSP (I think it's still coming out next week) and maybe starting some other new RPG on the PSP, but I don't know which one yet.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 10:35:33 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Surprisingly: Steambot Chronicals. I'm actually really enjoying it. It's probably not the kind of game I'll play for 40 hours and actually finish, but I'm having fun with it at the moment. Probably wouldn't purchase it, but borrowing it from a friend... I'm greatly impressed. I sorta do wish the graphical style was more anime, like on the cover, the characters look a little bland.

Make sure to take a peek at the manual, I haven't gone through it all yet but it's a nice read and has more effort put into it than a lot of manuals these days.

Playing No More Heroes, performance issues (which I expected) and takes a bit of getting used to thanks to Zelda/Mario trained me on waving the controller to attack, but it's pretty good so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: