Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332818 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142593 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

For some reason I can't explain, I had an urge to play Final Fantasy X last night. In truth, I really ended up not caring a whole lot for the game, so I was kind of surprised by the impulse. Once it was on I was tempted to touch new game, but I instead went to my save file. I found that Lulu had over twenty unused sphere levels for some reason, so I fixed that and poked around for a  little bit fighting monsters. Then I went up to the final boss thinking I'd be dead pretty quickly, and I somehow kicked his ass. I remember thinking he was a lot harder the first time around, but oh well.

Maybe once I get my backlog caught up and back from my trip this summer I'll give the game another playthrough.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »

Still working on Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'm sticking with my team of Silver Surfer, Spidey, Wolvie, Iron Man and Spider Woman as an alternate. Just finished the M'Kraan Crystal mission.  My characters don't exactly perform the best with team attacks but...whatever:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »

I am playing Tales of Rebirth nowdays. Just beat another password and now i should go to Stone Ruins...

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »

I'm still chugging along in Soul Nomad. It still isn't anything all that special, and if it wasn't for Gig, I highly doubt that I would keep playing it. He has to be one of the greatest characters ever created. I mean, when a character in a video game says "I'm going to rip off your head and shit down your neck, you overgrown asshole," you know he's a winner. :P

I also figured out how to break the system and level up like crazy, and I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to solo the rest of the game with just one Room if I keep abusing my methods.

Anyway, I just finished

Code:
The battle where you have to save Tricia's father from Shauna's bandits. I'm not really following the story that well...
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

On my first Twilight Princess play-through.  I'm avoiding Gamefaqs for help as much as I can,  but I'm not opposed to looking up bits from time to time so I can actually enjoy the game.  I just got the master sword and hit the desert.  

The right side orientation of Link's sword hand bugs me but I'll live. Hopefully they fix that for the next major Zelda release on the Wii.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »

Quote from: "Alexander"
The right side orientation of Link's sword hand bugs me but I'll live. Hopefully they fix that for the next major Zelda release on the Wii.

It's not "broken", and it likely won't be "fixed." There was a very real purpose why they did that, and you can read about it if you do a search (I'm too lazy to look it up though). It has to do with the majority of people playing the Wii will be right-handed, and they wanted the sword to corrispond with the same hand swinging the Wiimote. They also designed quite a few of the battles and puzzles out of the sword being on that side of the body.

My guess is that, on the Wii, Link will never again go back to being left handed. BUT, I could imagine a game being designed so that it didn't matter which side you used, and then you can chose in your options whether Link (and yourself) are left/right handed.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Quote from: "Alexander"

It's not "broken", and it likely won't be "fixed." There was a very real purpose why they did that, and you can read about it if you do a search (I'm too lazy to look it up though). It has to do with the majority of people playing the Wii will be right-handed, and they wanted the sword to corrispond with the same hand swinging the Wiimote.

Not only that but Miyamoto, who is left-handed, and most other lefties who played the game during development were using their right hands to control the sword. I think we have been inadvertently trained as gamers that the left hand is the analog control/d-pad hand, and even most lefties would probably play the game with the nunchuk in their left hand. And really, they didn't do much of a fix, all they did was mirror the entire game for the Wii. Link is still a southpaw in the GameCube version.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »

I guess I didn't make my post clear enough.  I was aware that the Wii version is mirrored from the Gamecube (all cryptic commands such as "Head East!" are now "Head West!" and not only is Link the only right handed person in the entire world, people actually shake with their left hand).  

As for the future? I just hope that there will be some way to play Link as the old style on a future Wii/whatever Zelda game.  I realize my rant was something of a conservative whine,  but I also think it's pretty funny how gamers tend to react to change the same way vampires hiss at a crucifix.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 09:03:37 PM »

I did another mission on Advance Wars: DoR last night before the battery in my DS died. I finished out the Garamsythe Waterway on my 3rd playthrough file of FFXII. Lastly, I played about 25 more minutes of DC2 last night before promptly dying due to being careless.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »

been super busy so haven't done much gaming at all lately :(
anyway, played some wild arms 5 i'm just about finished with the temple of rejection...just recently got
Code:
carol
in my party.  i like how
Code:
she can shoot enemies from any hex

I've still been playing DQM when I'm commuting...I'm on the third island you're supposed to explore I think.  Game's pretty decent so far, I just always seem to want to use the same monsters, I need to start mixing it up.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »

Been rocking on SMT Nocturne.  I have a demon with MP replinish now, so I can just walk around to get MP back.  That made dungeons so much easier, so now I've been fighting extra battles to level.  I'm only playing on Normal but I still stand by my comment, Persona 3 still feels harder then Nocturne.  Still lots left to do though, so we'll see. :D

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »

I don't give a shit what anybody says, Ice Climber is awesome.
Alucard von Elru

alucardvonelru@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »

I started up Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath tonight. HOLY SHIT!

So... Deus Ex+God of War+Metal Gear Solid 3+Shenmue= Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath?

The game is just a glorious hybrid. On paper, it has various concepts from each of the above mentioned games, and to combine them all it would seem that if the game didn't end up a disaster, it would at least be somewhat bloated. It's NOT, however. The game is an absolute dream, and in spite of the fact that I can see how it's lifted from various genres, it ends up forming a combination that is utterly unique. I've never really played anything quite like Stranger. It's totally different from just about any other action game ever created, and is even very different from all of the previous Oddworld titles. I seriously think this might already be my favorite action game of all time, and I'm only five hours in! o.O Fucking brilliant!

For the record:

Harassing a town of chickens, stealing their money, and having them run in fear into their homes while the mayor says things like "peckerhead, punk-ass, take your medication!" over a megaphone: WIN!

Being able to jump from ANY height and NOT DIE as long as you can make out the ground below: WIN!

Being able to run at a speed of 55mph on all fours: WIN!

Using odd wildlife as ammunition for your crossbow: WIN!

Instead of using wussy potions, Stranger uses his stamina to rip arrows right out of his body, and as he flings them away from his injuries, they get stuck in the ground, a wall... wherever they land, they stay there FOREVER: WIN!

No load times whatsoever, totally seamless world, save anywhere: WIN!

I'm not one for the phrase, but I guess I finally get it now: Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is MADE OF WIN!

"Time fades even legend..."
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 02:28:40 AM »

PSP GET. I decided that the Daxter Deal was too good to pass up, and the Silver is a perfectly fine color. I also picked up FFT, since I've never played it before. I'm supposedly 25% through Daxter (according to the game at least), and I'm about to do the second driving mission. I can't decide if I'm going to put a custom firmware on it, because I'd really like it not to break.

I'm also now officially a second semester senior (high school), so I'll have a lot more free time on my hands to play games and such.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Been rocking on SMT Nocturne.  I have a demon with MP replinish now, so I can just walk around to get MP back.  That made dungeons so much easier, so now I've been fighting extra battles to level.  I'm only playing on Normal but I still stand by my comment, Persona 3 still feels harder then Nocturne.  Still lots left to do though, so we'll see. :D

I still don't see how you find P3 more difficult. 1 attack of each enemies weakness and then an all out attack and that's most every battle in P3.

Did you play it on hard perhaps?

I downloaded Wild Arms for my new PSP, and was impressed at how nice the game looked. Even more impressive was the fact that the game included a viewable scanned copy of the manual. Major props to Sony for doing that! This is what Nintendo should've done with the VC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: