Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 09:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331332 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142372 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »

Beat Pursuit Force 2 (story mode and beat some challenges and unlocked some of the stuff in mission mode, but not all) and bought Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow.  I loved the first one, and the second one's pretty fun too (guess that's true for both of the series I mentioned).

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »

People can be pretty retarded when it comes to sealed games.  I had a sealed copy of Breath of Fire for the SNES (complete with original Zellers price tag on the front) and some idiot on eBay bought it for 172 bucks.

Anyway, journal, the PS2 is fucked.  Won't load anything in Godhand or FFXII.  Went to return it today and the shop was closed for some fucking reason.  So I get to try again tomorrow.  :P

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »

Playing some more Daxter. The game tells me I'm about 50% done, so I'll try to beat it over the weekend.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »

Started a file on Zelda: Minish Cap.

Died at the first boss. It was the first time I've ever died in a Zelda game (Adventure of Link not included). I turned it off and put it away.

Will try again some other time.

[/url]
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »

Watch in like two months, Chrono Trigger will be 800 Wii points on the VC. Still a great game though. If I didnt have it already, I would have shelled out maybe 200 bucks for, but 1.2k? No fucking way. My ass would be divorced.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »

$1200 for Chrono Trigger?  I got a bridge in Brooklyn I could sell that guy.

My Chrono Trigger cart is one thing I'd have a tough time parting with.  I snagged it for $50 on Ebay on September 10, 2001, while I was living in Manhattan.  Then 9/11 hit and because of that, my check never reached the seller.  Thankfully he was forgiving and allowed me to resend payment.  I got my Chrono Trigger.  Yay.  Greatest JRPG of all time and that cart has sentimental value for me too.  

As for gaming, nothing new to report.  I haven't played a video game since Thursday when I got to stage 10 or 11 in Gitaroo Man PSP.  I'm waiting for my copy of Professor Layton to come in.  I've been using my free time to learn 80s metal songs on bass for my own amusement (and the amusement of my friends who like to jam on that stuff.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pugz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »

I was playing Front Mission 3 today and I'm up to the level where Jose had to  go to Yuping to see some guy who has a daughter and then later discovers he has been shot etc. The prosecutors are the Rapid Reaction Force who I now have to battle against with only 3 Wanzers and Jose on foot. It makes little sense as to why one of my wanzers is sacrificed for said circumstance, especially when it's not mandatory to keep Jose alive.....ahwell. So I came to the battlefield completely unprepared and I got my ass handed to me on a chromed silver platter, looks like I'll have to devise another strategy and will have another crack at it tomorrow : |
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2008, 10:10:14 AM »

Despite my backlog, I had the urge to try out FFT for PSP and am probably gonna devote game time to this. Anyway, the different name and location spellings are throwing me off, but after time tested, the game is still pretty fun.

I got owned by a bomb in my last game. All my characters were within its blast radius, it had 1 HP, and my squire was supposed to finish it off with a 81% successful hit rate. But no, the fucker missed and the bomb exploded/oiled all of us and it was pretty awesome. lol

Don't underestimate BOMBS.

Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »

I finally beat Terranigma again, and started to play Star ocean 1 just finished Parj Temple and on my way to Tropp village now. I am really impresive of that game how close is it to the first tales of phantasia, but that,s not bad though

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2008, 05:51:35 PM »

I'm getting back into Rune Factory. Too bad I'll be getting back out when I buy Dungeon Explorer tomorrow. :P
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

Finished up SMT Nocturne.  Awesome game all around, definitely Top 5 on the PS2 for me.  I like how the storyline isn't forced and you're allowed to go wherever you want almost all of the game.  I got one of the 3 regular endings, it was alright.  Only like 30 seconds of content, felt like Bioshock.  Short, but to the point.  Youtubed the True Demon Ending, which was way cooler. :P  

I've got DDS 1 & 2 waiting for me still, but I'm going to hold off and give Lost Odyssey a try when it releases tomorrow.  I'm not expecting much as I didn't like BD at all, so maybe LO will surprise me.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »

I've been playing a lot of WA3. I have a lot of RPGs to play, and I'm trying to focus on two games at a time. The other game is DMC4, which has been a blast so far. Everything I expected from a DMC game following DMC3.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
I'm getting back into Rune Factory. Too bad I'll be getting back out when I buy Dungeon Explorer tomorrow. :P

Yes, my copy of Dungeon Explorer is coming in the mail soon. I'm going to force myself to beat Ys: Ark of Napishtim, but trust me, I'd rather just throw that shit aside and plow through Dungeon Explorer.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »

God damn Peppy...Seriously. I've been working hard on Star Fox 64 to score over 1500 hits and medal on all seven levels and what happens? I score over 400 hits in Area 6, enter Venom with all my allies shields at full, and Peppy gets owned in thirty fucking seconds by Pigma. I had Leon and Andrew shot down before they'd even broke formation, and knocked off Wolf only two seconds before Pigma killed Peppy. I still scored over 1500 hits for the first time, but only with six medals because Peppy sucked.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »

After abandoning the game before the last dungeon, I popped in FF VI GBA and finished it up.   Final dungeon and last boss are still way too easy, but an enjoyable game.  Really showed off some of the SNES' power.  New translation was pretty good, imo.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: