Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 01:53:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331556 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142414 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »

Persona 3: More grindage. Main is at level 87 or so with everyone else around level 75. I'm hoping to max out soon in levels (only on Jan 3) and obtain better Personas and get better equipment.

Chrono Trigger:
Code:
Got to Magus' lair. Killed Slash, and Flea beat the shit out of me, due to the game not letting me use items in battle for some odd reason.

And since I got disgusted at CT and it's long-loading screens, I started up Digital Devil Saga. Loving the game so far.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2008, 12:39:48 AM »

I got a good deal farther in Vampire The Masquerade. I'm currently in Hollywood, about to go to the mansion to investigate the snuff films. I realized what I like so much about the game: it's the characters. The grand majority of the characters in the game are so interesting, and all of them are well voiced. I forgot what really good voice work can do for a game.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »

I'm currently playing BioShock and FFV, which is quickly turning into one of my favorites in the series. Job system is so damn fun, I think that really must be why I enjoyed X-2 while no-one else did.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

11 hours into Shining Force Neo.  Though I'm dying left and right for stupid reasons, I must say I like the gameplay a lot.  Makes sense I guess when the same developers for the RoLW Dreamcast game were involved and that happened to be my favorite game on the system.  

The voiceacting though...ugh.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!

Sorry about that. I finally got myself a HDTV this weekend along with some cables for the 360. I can actually read the text on screen now! Anyway, in the Crimson Forest trying to get all of those crystal fragments. On Disk 2.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
11 hours into Shining Force Neo.  Though I'm dying left and right for stupid reasons, I must say I like the gameplay a lot.  Makes sense I guess when the same developers for the RoLW Dreamcast game were involved and that happened to be my favorite game on the system.  

Finally, some fucking vindication! I have been defending SFN on these boards all by my lonesome for like half a year now.

Anyway, I played quite a bit of Anarchy Online and Maple Story on my new laptop yesterday. I was planning to play some more of both today, but when I turned on my laptop this morning I was greeted with an "ntldr is missing" error message.

So DQVII doesn't work, and my laptop doesn't work. This has not been my weekend, to say the least.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »

I'm around 6 or 7 hours into Lost Odyssey and loving it so far. It really is similar to FFX in looks and similar to IX in the learning skills department. Even some of the tunes smack of FFVIII. I'm currently heading for Grand Staff.

I swear to God, I find myself wondering when i'm going to get some Aeons..then I remember:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2008, 08:25:03 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
Quote from: "Ryos"

Finally, some fucking vindication! I have been defending SFN on these boards all by my lonesome for like half a year now.

I thought SFN was a pretty great game with the exception of the voice acting. While it wasn't a retelling of SF:LoGI's story, it had bits of pieces that kind of followed along with it.

SFE is even better than SFN, though. The voice acting is much better as are the graphics and cutscenes. It's a shame so much if recycled, though...
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »

Beat Folklore and DMC4 over the weekend, great games.

About 18 hours into LO, really loving it. I expected nothing less from a game that was developed with ex-Nautilus members. This prompted me to get Blue Dragon, as I am interested to see how Mistwalker and Artoon crafted that game.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:33 AM »

Playing Mythos has really made me miss Diablo II... so I reinstalled it yesterday.  I was under some kind of impression that I was lower on hard drive space than I'd like to be, so I installed it on a 2 gig USB drive.  (In case anyone wonders, that was enough space to do the Multiplayer install of the core game and then add on the expansion.)  Works like a charm, although my laptop's monitor seems to have a bit of a beef with the 800x600 screen size, so I have to play it windowed.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »

Still slowly working through some sidequests in WA5...some of them are just a pain, but I rather do them than not do them.  Maybe I should be more selective.  I'll probably try to finish up or two tonight if I have time.  

After the 11 or so hours I've put into DQM, I've put it on hold for a little while because I am getting bored with the game.  It's been great so far, but I just need to break, which I really hate to do since I know that means potentially not picking it back up for a while.  I like to focus on a game until I finish, but in this case, I'm making an exception.  

So, instead of just focusing on DQM for my DS, I popped in Magical Starsign.  Only about an hour and 1/2 in, but so far I like it.  Seems to be going at a pretty smooth pace so far, I'll have to see how it keeps up as I play more.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »

Pretty much at the end of FFT with the last few battles at Orbonne. I can't get past the battle against Balk (Barach?) though, so I'm just grinding levels and job points and messing around with the Dark Dungeon (Midlight's Deep?). I've discovered a couple new cutscenes too which I'm guessing is new material added to the port.... I think. It's just been so long, I can't tell if they're entirely new cutscenes or my memory is just shoddy.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »

Played boatloads yesterday.

Advance Wars -- On battle nine or ten now.  Definitely getting the hang of things now.  Interesting story despite the fact the characters don't really feature in the battles at all.

Phantom Hourglass -- Trouncing through battles pretty quick.  I'm on my way down the Temple of Courage.  I don't like the fact that I have not found any heart pieces yet.  Only assuming there are none.

Resident Evil 0 -- Spent ages trying to kill that giant fucking millipede.  I have literally seven bullets left between two handguns and a shotgun.

Riviera -- Most of the way through the third dungeon.  What I like about the game is that you can pick it back up after putting aside for any amount of time.  While I'm not always a fan of such linear quests, when you're tired and it's the end of the day, it's an easy way to do some dungeoning without needing to think too hard about it.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2008, 08:59:07 PM »

Not so much of a gaming update, but I signed up for GameFly, and for some reason I feel immensely liberated. Maybe it's that my games to buy list is half the size that it was before I signed up, maybe it's that I don't have to spend so much money on games that I might only play once. But it feels good. Granted, my queue is about 35 games in length, but I'll get through it eventually.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2008, 01:58:18 AM »

I've been looking for cool indie games lately. You guys have any suggestions? Free ones would be nice, but don't limit suggestions to that.

I've been playing a lot of N, looking forward to N+.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: