Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327680 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 140520 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »

Tried playing Chrono Trigger, but it's terrible. The game won't even let me use items in battle, and since I'm fighting Flea, who inflicts every character with a status ailment, the battle is impossible since I can't use any items to rid my characters of the status effect. It lets me use the items outside of battle, but not during it.

I'll go on and play something better, and without 10 second loading screens.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2008, 04:42:36 PM »

Free Korean MMOs for the win!

Got my laptop working again and started playing Maple Story and Fly for Fun. <3 both.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
Free Korean MMOs for the win!

Got my laptop working again and started playing Maple Story and Fly for Fun. <3 both.

...God, just think of all the REAL fun you'd have if you weren't such a cheap slut.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »

Unfortunately, another busy weekend, but last night I was able to sit down and play WA5 for a few hours.  Finished up all the sidequests I wanted to at that point and finally reached a good Greg part in the game, when I reached Harmonde.
Code:
 Actually seeing how his son and wife died...man I even cringed it was just so cruel and sad.  I hope that fucker (Kartikeya sp?)gets the revenge he deserves.  I think it was great for the Dean/Greg character development...Dean being like Ted and all

I also downloaded the original Harvest Moon for Snes on the vc.  This is the game that made me fall in love with the series and I remember loving it in my middle school days.  I still love it after all these years...SO glad they put it on the vc.

Other than that, still taking a break from DQM in favor of Magical Starsign, which I enjoy a lot more than I thought I would.  Just finished up the pirates, ready for my next destination.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »

Rented Killzone for PSP last week and had a bunch of fun with it, but eventually got tired of the number of missions where the method for success was "die until you get everything exactly right."

Started playing Patapon.  Talk about a unique game...  It's good stuff but definitely a niche game.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2008, 05:12:50 PM »

I'm definitely picking up Patapon sometime this week. Thanks for reminding me.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »

Our replacement DS screen got here today, so we're gonna be battling Pokemon tonight!  My level 2 Bidoof will certainly win against my wife's level 50 Penis Monster.

I also finished the Goron island in Phantom Hourglass.  It makes me kind of irritated that Gorons are in every Zelda game now, but we never get to see Tingle ever again.

I have progressed far enough into Days of Ruin that it has become difficult now.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
I also finished the Goron island in Phantom Hourglass.  It makes me kind of irritated that Gorons are in every Zelda game now, but we never get to see Tingle ever again.

You didn't buy the Tingle RPG when you lived in Britain?  FOR SHAME, SIR.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "Losfer"

You didn't buy the Tingle RPG when you lived in Britain?  FOR SHAME, SIR.

I was thinking of importing it actually.  :(  Used games in Ol Blighty are pretty decently priced sometimes.

I'm also after Tingle's Balloon Fight.  ...Even though I'm not expecting much gameplay wise for something that will cost me a lung to buy.  :P

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2008, 07:34:21 PM »

I am now officially a Bowman in Maple Story. :)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2008, 11:54:05 PM »

Beat Vampire: Bloodlines. Fun, despite it's bugginess. If I play it again, it won't be for a while, but it will be with one of the unofficial patches.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »

My PS2 won't play PS2 games - but will play PS1 games (It's like an 80 gig PS3!) so I'm playing Persona Revelations.

It's interesting going back but it's kind of a hard game to love.
*Terrible* translation, lots and lots of level grinding.....it's pretty unforgiving.

Graphics aren't really important though - and the music is good.

How the christ do I do spoiler tags again?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »

Well the video game store near my house never received any copies of Patapon to sell which was quite disappointing. The trip was well worth it though because I managed to snag a brand new copy of Etrian Odyssey for the DS, which by EBay standards is already considered to be pretty rare so I was pretty stoked about that. I also saw a used copy of Brave Story for PSP and I'm thinking about picking that up as well. Gonna check other stores for Patapon later.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »

Been playing a bit of Yakuza in the past days and LO. Just got God of War Chains of Olympus and I'm blown away by how good it is. Ready at Dawn have really done a great job.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »

Lard, mate, you need to use the Code button above the post window while you're typing out.

Code:
cant see shit captain !

I played Pokemon Pearl last night.  Nothing much happened as it's Pokemon.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: