Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318939 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 138039 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »

Uncharted is complete, and it's time to send back my first two GameFly games. Next up is Rainbow 6 Vegas (the first one, for the single-player) and No More Heroes. In the mean time, Zelda's going back in the Wii and Mass Effect in the 360. I should have those finished by about Thursday. (Just in time for my rentals).
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Beat God of War Chains of Olympus.  Only took about 5 hours, but it was a solid game.  Great prequel, sets up the other 2 nicely.  Now to finish the trilogy once GoW 3 hits the PS3.  :D

Would you mind PMing a summary of the story? I wish I could play the game, but I don't have a PSP :/

[/url]
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »

Beat Ar Tonelico last night and managed to get the best endings. Missed quite a few conversations, but that's ok.

Was a bit disappointed in the ending.
Code:
I defeated Mir and I didn't even get a thank you from her.

I hope we get AR2.

Just went over to GS to pick up opoona and saw Shining Force EXA for $20 so I snagged that as well.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »

Tales of Innocence: pretty damned solid.  Really shows off DS potential (as opposed to limits).  Graphics are pretty and crisp, voiced skits, and the interface and controls are smooth and beautiful.  The game has a pretty style to it, and battles are surprisingly fluid.  The game is great! (and of all option, you can ON/OFF cel shading for all you haters).
Battles are also surprisingly....involving (?) and even though you're working with one helluva small screen, the game really gets a lot out of each pixel.

Final Fantasy IV DS:
wooowie, quite the remake, and a definite step up from the FF3 remake.  However, this game is purely nostalgia and a fun classic RPG to return to (seeing as how Tales of Innocence is superior, but doesn't have nearly the same appeal as this gem, for momentous reasons).  Everything is quite the same as the SNES one, down to the small nitpick details, just with a touch of cinematography.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2008, 01:27:16 AM »

Mass Erect: Finished up Virmire and the Citadel bit afterwards. I'm currently finishing up some side quests, at which point I'll move on to Ilos.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: March 27, 2008, 03:31:30 AM »

Downloaded Star Fox 64 and Kirby 64 on the Virtual Console.

Finished Star Fox and got the easy ending, and am on level 3 of Kirby.

Star Fox was still great, with the same old nagging camera problems. Kirby hasn't aged quite as well; I don't remember it being this slow. The 2D ones move much quicker.

[/url]
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »

Beat chapter 9 of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance after a bunch of days of not playing. Was easier than I thought.

Not terribly fond of the laguz in battle yet though.

Actually tried playing Sacred Stones too since I never did beat the English version, wondering why the hell I kept this save. I lost so many units... delete time! Also a little lost with the story since it's been a while. Time for a redo :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »

Finished up Golden Sun: The Lost Age a couple days ago and I am now a Golden Sun fan. Hopefully there's a new one in the making? More RPG developers should take notes on Golden Sun's level/dungeon design and how to make levels more interactive and have us use our brains more, even if the obstacles are a little simplified. Maybe I'll start up Wild ARMs 4 again since that's the only series I can think of that offers similar level design.

Been playing more My Beautiful Katamari and rolled up the galaxy. I remember playing the first Katamari Damacy and wondering "what if we could roll up the ocean and the planet itself, I wonder what that would look like." Nothing more left to wonder about now that this game pretty much lets you do that, and then some.

I really should work on my La Pucelle file.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: March 27, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

Mass Effect has been beated.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: March 27, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »

Valkyrie Profile 2: I am replaying it nowdays, but in english, i will try to finish it with the 100%.
Code:
I just leave of the volcano ruins, if i don,t remember bad i am near to finish the third chapter

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: March 28, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »

Well, I've put about 30 hours in Dungeon Explorer for PSP and it's still relatively engaging. Although, let me be the first to say, you've got to really love grinding to get into this shit. Certainly, there is a lot to recommend: there are lots of dungeons and dungeon levels, quite a few weapons, classes, and items. But, all of that basically boils down to some of the most intense grinding I've ever done (with very little reward). Currently I've mastered the Thief and Shaman class and am now just starting Ninja. I'm probably less than halfway through the game. People claim it's over 100 hours to get through the main story (discounting the balls-hard bonus dungeon entirely), and I believe them.

Nonetheless I've stuck with it for 30 hours already and still don't feel like stopping, so it's a winner.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »

Whew - survived my big trip to India.  I almost played God of War start to finish on the plane (had to finish up after I got there - battery died).  Now I'm playing Jeanne D'Arc for an official site review.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: March 30, 2008, 12:39:08 AM »

Let's see...

Mega Man Star Force: The local Blockbuster is selling off a lot of it's overstock of DS games for $8.99, so I grabbed the missus Pegasus and myself Leo.  The game is suprisingly decent so far.  It's kinda like a cross between EXE and Legends.  I just beat the crap out of the fat kid.  Mega is annoying.  Geo is whiny.  Still alright though.

Brawl: Watched the wife finish SSE and then unlock lots of characters she hadn't prevously.

WAXF: Did nothing but grind all week.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: March 30, 2008, 01:34:40 AM »

Finished Disc 3 of Lost Odyssey.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: March 30, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »

Did a little grinding in FFX, FFXII, and FFT (just want my guys stronger before the next battle.)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: