Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330103 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142197 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
Fi
« Reply #510 on: April 03, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »

Finished Psychonauts. I really enjoyed it, up until the last level, which was a total disaster - it seems that the developers went out of their way to make it as frustrating as possible. Thankfully, the last boss was refreshingly easy, and after the frustration I'd had leading up to it I just wanted to complete the game.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: April 03, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »

Quote from: "DPB"
Finished Psychonauts. I really enjoyed it, up until the last level, which was a total disaster - it seems that the developers went out of their way to make it as frustrating as possible. Thankfully, the last boss was refreshingly easy, and after the frustration I'd had leading up to it I just wanted to complete the game.

That's the reason I stopped playing. The game was pretty good up until the tight walking bit for me. And then it was like everything that didn't work about the game was combined for the end sequence. I tried twice, thought about doing it again, and just said fuck it. Not worth the trouble.

Bought Giants Citizen Kabuto for $4 at Babbage's today. Almost picked up Thief: Deadly Shadows, but I wasn't sure if it was BC with 360. Oh well.

Also seriously considering buying a PS3 for MGS4. Never really was interested in the game until the deluge of info the past few days. Journalists seem to be genuinely in love with it.

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: April 03, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »

More FFXII. I'm going through some weird sounding place before I get to Salikawood. I must need to level up badly and/or get new equipment badly, since the enemies are kicking my ass without me using quickenings.

I need to get back to playing FFX, since I'm almost done with it. I want to get back to Disgaea, but that's just a grindfest. I need to replace the Prinnies with worthwhile allies. Need to resume my game in DDS, as I'm making Gale learn healing mantras since I can't use Argilla in the next area (tried going through the next area without a healer and it sucked.) And I need to grind just a little more in FFT, mainly for abilities and gil.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
More FFXII. I'm going through some weird sounding place before I get to Salikawood. I must need to level up badly and/or get new equipment badly, since the enemies are kicking my ass without me using quickenings.

Did you unlock the augment part of the license board?  I only ask this because it's potentially kind of easy to miss (I admit I missed it for a couple hours too).  There's a ton of useful licenses there which add up to about +1200 more health, more strength, more magic, more blockings with a shield, etc.  It's good stuff.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: April 03, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »

Yeah, all I'm getting right now is augments, but the enemies are still dealing 200-300 damage per attack, and that adds up when the party members only have 1500-1800 HP each.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: April 03, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »

Ah.  Then I recall that I basically had two spell casters to try cast an area spell of their weak-element and that weakened them enough usually to finish them in 2-3 melee hits.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: April 03, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »

WA5:  At the pace I am going I will be playing this game forever.  There was a minor setback, which caused me to put the game down for a week after being so close to end.  In fact, maybe I shouldn't really call it a minor setback as much as a frustration, not really spoiler, but better to be safe than sorry....

Code:
So, I'm in TF System Tower F and the parts where you have to jump between three poles to the top and time and position yourself exactly right has frustrated me to no end.  In fact, I had to shut off the game for a week, picked it back up tonight and then after a good 45 minutes of trying....finally made it up.  Everything was going well until later on the tower I got to *ANOTHER* three poles.  Lucky for me, I had just saved recently and I turned off the game because I was not about to go through that frustration twice in one night.

Anyway, as you can see I'm not a very patient person, especially when I get toward the end of a game.  That's when I'm usually ready to say goodbye and start another game delays in that drive me crazy.  Hopefully this weekend I can make it through the tower.  Wish me luck!

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 03, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »

Playing BoF:DQ again. I'm probably going to do an SOL restore though, I was an idiot and blew about 5% of my D-Counter on a random encounter because it annoyed the hell out of me and forced me to retreat, just needs to get my stuff into a locker since I blew a crapload of money on items and stuff.

Edit: OR I WOULD IF I DIDN'T DESTROY MY CONTROLLER. Going to dig up my first, but I'll probably be getting a new PS2 pad tomorrow. PS3 really should've been able to use cards via the USB adapter for these copy protected saves.

Edit 2: Nevermind, they support moving.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2008, 02:40:26 AM »

Done with Wild ARMs XF until I can get a FAQ or levelling guide or something.  Too many times have I had to significantly alter my character classes or grind for hours before continuing on.  Currently stuck on 2-3 with everyone raped by the Misery ailment and unable to use any special attacks.  All physical attacks have a 20% chance or less to hit, while the enemies have an almost 100% chance to hit me...  Not cool.

The game is seriously awesome, but some of the battles are a little fucked.  Some are hard and challenging (which I love), some are hard and retarded (which I do not love).

I should finish up Phoenix Wright so I can move onto Justice For All anyway.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »

More DDS.  I probably should've asked around first, but it's too late now.  I've spent about 20 hours total farming money and grinding my characters to max the mantra grid.  In the process all of my characters are now level 99, with most having atleast 2-3 stats maxed.  I beat Huang Long (yes that's his name) in 3 hits.  Oh well, I'm going to finish the game today so I can move onto DDS2.  About 55 hours total on DDS1.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: April 04, 2008, 10:12:42 AM »

Actually found a copy of Crisis Core at a different Best Buy I normally don't go to, so it looks like I'll be putting everything else down and devoting my time to that.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: April 04, 2008, 03:14:07 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
More DDS.  I probably should've asked around first, but it's too late now.  I've spent about 20 hours total farming money and grinding my characters to max the mantra grid.  In the process all of my characters are now level 99, with most having atleast 2-3 stats maxed.  I beat Huang Long (yes that's his name) in 3 hits.  Oh well, I'm going to finish the game today so I can move onto DDS2.  About 55 hours total on DDS1.

Grats.  Now wait till you fight the optional bosses in DDS2.  The first two are hard but the last one is pretty fucking difficult and unfortunately there's some luck to the encounter as well.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 04, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »

BoF:DQ's finished, I moved my save back to the PS2 card for the ending since the PS3 kept skipping ahead a few seconds in FMVs, and like I predicted they were kinda important to the ending. It's great, I was too hyped up on the ending but I was pretty satisfied with having beat it at long last.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »

More FFXII. Got to Salikawood, and I'll probably spend a few hours here level-grinding, as it seems like a great spot to do so. I mainly need to get my B Team caught up, as they're a few levels behind, and using all six characters makes boss battles a breeze.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »

Beat R6V. I was kind of hoping/expecting it would be better than it was (or rather, live up to the reviews it received a year and a half ago), but alas, it was not quite so enjoyable. Still fun though.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: