Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:01:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 138082 times)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:52 AM »

Quote from: "Alucard von Elru"
It's definitely in the runnings for my favourite "Zelda-type" game ever, although I don't think it will best out Beyond Good & Evil (what does, anyway?).
Okami doesn't beat Zelda in my opinion. It took Sony like 2 console generations to get a good Zelda clone, and Nintendo made a far better game on the SNES (LTTP) - hell, even Ocarina of Time is better than Okami. It's probably as good as Twilight Princess, though Clover didn't seem to realise that cel-shading is not cool anymore.

Edit: I really should get back on Okami.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2008, 06:59:32 AM »

I finished up 'Army of Two' last night. A pretty kick-ass game in my opinion and I might just go through on the hardest difficulty to unlock all the weapons and pimp them out.  After that I might jump back into Okami since it seems fashionable again:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:02 AM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
It took Sony like 2 console generations to get a good Zelda clone

Not a fan of Alundra?

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Severian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2008, 07:43:40 AM »

Quote from: "AJR"
Not a fan of Alundra?

A very under-appreciated game imo. THE Zelda clone! 2Bad the sequel was not such a succes.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »

Finished Sigma Star Saga, the final boss took a few tries but was really easy in the end once I worked out how to exploit it. It was well worth the 5 I paid for it, I recommend it to anyone looking for a good fast-paced story as a change of pace from drawn-out 80 hour epics.

I've gone back to Persona 2 and made a small amount of progress, but the game is just too damn long for its own good, and it feels more like work now than gaming. I could stand the ridiculously long dungeons in SMT:N because the battles remained fast and challenging to the very end, but they're too slow and frequent in P2. It doesn't help either having to listen to one of the same 10 or so voice clips at the start of every single battle. If the game was roughly half the length I would've enjoyed it much more, as the first 30 hours were excellent.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: April 09, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »

Rank 8 in No More Heroes. The bitch put up a hard fight.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: April 09, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

DPB, battles in Persona 2 go MUCH faster if you turn off the battle animations in the menu.

I approve of this nonsense!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: April 09, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

Somewhere in case two of Justice for All.

I wish I was Franziska von Karma.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: April 09, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »

Did a little grinding in DDS. I'm ready to move on with the story the next time I play.

In FFXII, Got through Tchita Uplands and the Sochen Cave. I'm glad I train all my characters, or else the second boss battle in Sochen would have been hard.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: April 09, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »

WA5-

Finally finished up all the towers now I'm about to approach the final one, which can only lead to final boss battles and the like.   I'm breaking a bit though to do some sidequests and the optional bosses and dungeons.  There's a lot to do in the game...I am just not sure how much of it I will actually do.  I mean, some of the extra/bonus content seems cool, yet I really want to finish the game up.  Decisions, Decisions...I have Mana Khemia staring at me, begging me to play it, but I know if I start that it may mean I will never finish WA5, so I'm trying not to give in to the temptation.  

I'll let you know how that's working for me :-)

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2008, 01:12:57 AM »

More Smash Bros Brawl for me, nothing new and exciting, really. I've been working my butt off trying to get all of the stickers, but man, it's waaaay too much of a hassle. The whole Sticker Factory strategy hasn't been doing too much for me.

I think I found a new Teams main, though. Jigglypuff was one of my favorite characters in Melee, but until recently, I hated her in Brawl. For some reason, though, I started picking her up again, and have realized that she isn't all that bad, especially with another teammate there to back her up. Rest might suck, but I enjoy everything else she has to offer.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »

Quote from: "Kstar17"
WA5-

Finally finished up all the towers now I'm about to approach the final one, which can only lead to final boss battles and the like.   I'm breaking a bit though to do some sidequests and the optional bosses and dungeons.  There's a lot to do in the game...I am just not sure how much of it I will actually do.  I mean, some of the extra/bonus content seems cool, yet I really want to finish the game up.  Decisions, Decisions...I have Mana Khemia staring at me, begging me to play it, but I know if I start that it may mean I will never finish WA5, so I'm trying not to give in to the temptation.  

I'll let you know how that's working for me :-)

I was going to do everything in WA5 as well, but after 60 hours I wanted to be finished.

I never bothered with any of the crystal battles/bonus bosses.
Couldn't find the 20th puzzle box.
I'm sure there were some sidequests that I missed, but even without doing everything my characters easily got to level 99 and I destroyed the last boss easily.

Excellent game!
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »

At the end of Shining Force EXA. I really like this game, considering it reeks of cheap.  They reused alot of the same areas fron NEO, but sometimes I am cool with "more of the same".

I bought Tales of the Abyss for 20 bucks new. It is kicking major ass so far, though I just started.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: April 10, 2008, 11:38:13 PM »

Quote from: "Haven"
At the end of Shining Force EXA. I really like this game, considering it reeks of cheap.  They reused alot of the same areas fron NEO, but sometimes I am cool with "more of the same".

I've heard that criticism a lot, and I see the validity of it, but how much level design variety can you have in these types of games, really?

Speaking of these types of games, I started playing Shining Soul II again. I'm playing as a summon ranger because I'm a self-loathing masochist.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: April 10, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »

Just got Assassin's Creed for my 360 and finished the first two assassinations. I love it so far, but it might start getting repetitive eventually (like all the negative reviewers said).

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: