Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 08:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338669 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143630 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »

Yeah Dal, overdrive summons is a great way to beat just about every boss in the game, makes it way easier than without.

Anyways ive been playing portrait of ruin.  No idea precisely how far, my counter says like 131% or something, so I dunno if its counting its previous owners stuff that they did, and hence why it started at 100% or what, but its been fun.  I really enjoy this series, even if it does get a bit predictable and gets a been there done that feel at times.

Also been working on Dragon Quest Monster Joker.  Man some of these designs are hideous, especially the one that looks like a plucked chicken walking around with armor on.  God was that the fugliest creature design ive seen in recent years.  Otherwise its been enjoyable.

Also ordered Front Mission DS offa ebay, so that should come sometime this week, and after that im pretty much done with purchasing anything new until May, in which GTA4 will be my main purchase.  I dunno about you guys, but I actually want to buy it more for the story of Niko than just being able to run around a super detailed sandbox city.  Granted thats still a great part of the allure, but for some reason the whole Eastern European thing seems really cool.  Definately beats the bleh african american gangsta theme.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »

I played World of Warcraft literally all day yesterday with stops for lunch and dinner. Dear god, what have I become?!

And Despite not having school today, I didn't play any games because of extra work.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2008, 01:53:47 AM »

Played some Brawl, saw lots of Final Smashes (I FORGOT ABOUT SNAKE!) and a couple intros. Failed epically at actually playing. Should really open my own copy.

PLayed two missions of DMC4..... yeah, I really need that game.

Rooted around for extra crap in Super Metroid. Now all I need is an energy tank, a reserve tank and uh... six missiles :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2008, 07:57:47 AM »

I picked up Echochrome today.

Going to play it tonight.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2008, 08:09:30 AM »

I recently discovered the Friend Finder on smashboards, and have been playing a bunch of people that are actually skilled at the game (as opposed to the drones that play With Anyone) and have good connections to boot. Online stock matches feel so much better than that two minute timed crap.

Check that shit out.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »

I've never played a Smash Brothers game seriously until Brawl came out, I fucking LOVE it.

<-----

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »

Just bought Baroque for Wii and Mana Khemia. I bought Opoona last week but am getting bored of it.

Too much dickin around with jobs and making friends and not enough exploring and battling.

Bought Legend of Heroes for PSP and that was a mistake. Dropped it after about 3 hours. I thought that after a while I would be able to play the game...but all I keep doing is wandering around trying to talk to people and doing stupid fetch quests.
Dungeon Explorer for PSP isn't too bad. Decent Diablo style game on a hand held.

Started up Altelier Iris 2, but compared to the first it seems pretty hollow so far.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2008, 02:50:01 PM »

Killer weekend for me. I finished two games back to back: Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, and Lost Odyssey. I loved the end of Lost Odyssey. It was just so simple. Just watching Mack and Cooke be kids and play around in the background was just wonderful.

Funny thing, I accidently had equiped Jansen, in the final battle, with some accessory that gave him a crown. Strangely enough, throughout the entire ending sequence, including the wedding, when he and everyone had changed their attire, he was still wearing this dinky little crown on his head!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »

Legend of Ares is a nice change of pace from the MMOs I usually play. I can play a quick 30 minute session and actually feel like I've accomplished quite a bit, whereas it takes forever to get anything done in Maple Story.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:41 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Funny thing, I accidently had equiped Jansen, in the final battle, with some accessory that gave him a crown. Strangely enough, throughout the entire ending sequence, including the wedding, when he and everyone had changed their attire, he was still wearing this dinky little crown on his head!

OHEMGEE SPOILARS!!1!!!!1!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Anyways, moar WoW, and I got Burnout in teh Mails.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »

I actually might have been frothing about that at an earlier point! Even then though, this is too vague. THERE'S A WEDDING!!! Ok.

Speaking of LO, I completed the first dungeon-ish area on Disc 2! And the enemies seem to be getting way too much HP and dragging battles out longer than necessary, let's see if this reaches a point of putting me off to the game.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »

Fired up Baroque last night.

Despite not accomplishing anything other than dying, I lost track of time and played for a few hours and didn't want to put it down.

I love the graphics for what they are, and the voice acting is spot on creepy and disturbing.

I am playing on hard, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong because I can't seem to make any progress no matter what I try.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31:10 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I actually might have been frothing about that at an earlier point! Even then though, this is too vague. THERE'S A WEDDING!!! Ok.

Speaking of LO, I completed the first dungeon-ish area on Disc 2! And the enemies seem to be getting way too much HP and dragging battles out longer than necessary, let's see if this reaches a point of putting me off to the game.

I'm far enough to know who he's talking about but not far enough to get to that point so it pissed me off that he didn't even take the 2 seconds to put a spoiler tag on it.   You'll figure out who he is talking about soon enough.

Disc 2 had probably some of the longer battles.  It got better afterwards for me at least.  I sometimes would go the route of using all-flara or another element with someone else to cast a speed-up spell.  That helped speed things up for me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »

Quote from: "Willy Elektrix"
Quote from: "Losfer"
I had the desire to play Rogue today.

Do the right thing. Play it.

Oh, trust me.  I did.  Also took me ages to remember how to descend stairs.  :P

Last night / early this morning I finished Justice For All.  De Killer was fucking awesome.  The ending was very satisfying.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »

I'm going to finish all the hunts in FFXII which should take up a lot of time as well as all summons since i'm at the last dungeon. Also, I started a game of KHII for some reason even though I have NO idea what's going on.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: