Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340962 Posts in 13936 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143883 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2008, 10:04:03 AM »

Been all over the place lately with gaming...

Started up Mana Khemia....so far it's alright (I'm not very far) it's very Atelier Iris to me (which isn't a bad thing at all).  

Finally started the first Ace Attorney game = addicted.  I can't believe I haven't even started these games until now.  LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.  It is making my train rides much more bearable :-)

Started up my first MMO...Holic since it's free I figured I better see if I like MMO's before paying for one.   Having fun so far, although it does take some time adjusting to, especially the camera angles and controlling my character so she actually does what I want her to...I figure if I keep practicing, I'll be ok in no time.  I decided to be a warrior, but now I'm wondering if I should have been a mage instead.  I can always make another character.  Just done some basic quests so far, like the graphics.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »

Valkyrie Profile 2 finished again in 35 hours. I am trying nowdays to complete  the seraphic gate, for the moment i alredy defeat
Code:
Dirna, Gabriel and Odin

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I'm going to finish all the hunts in FFXII which should take up a lot of time as well as all summons since i'm at the last dungeon.
Yeah, that will take a lot of time... I don't think either of those things is possible without getting at least 3 characters to Level 100, or getting super-weapons like the Tournesol and the Zodiac Spear, so have fun doing all that. :P
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:17 PM »

Bought audiosurf. Fun little game, but I'm not sure if it's worth $10 :/

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »

Finished the Second Ascent on Pharos. This fucking dungeon is too long. I need a teleport crystal.....I don't want to traverse all the way back to the first floor....
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2008, 11:55:10 PM »

Burnout Paradise is, for me, the epitome of the phrase "mixed bag." There are parts where I love the game, think it's great, and have an enjoyable time playing it, but then there's the other glaring half where I despise the game with every ounce of my being. I'm definitely going to give it more time, but I hope it gets better. I really do.

Also, after some shipping problems with my Amazon order of World in Conflict, Amazon sent out a new shipment for me, but somehow didn't cancel the old order, so now I have two copies of WiC. Any suggestions (should I return the old shipment and be a decent human being? or should I make a quick buck by selling the game to Best Buy?). Obviously I'll send the old order back if they realize their mistake, but otherwise I don't know what to do. Suggestions are appreciated.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: April 18, 2008, 09:28:21 AM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
I'm going to finish all the hunts in FFXII which should take up a lot of time as well as all summons since i'm at the last dungeon.
Yeah, that will take a lot of time... I don't think either of those things is possible without getting at least 3 characters to Level 100, or getting super-weapons like the Tournesol and the Zodiac Spear, so have fun doing all that. :P

I was planning to go that route, but after the remaining hunts became too ridiculously hard, I just went and beat the game. I wasn't even near level 100 and didn't have any super weapons, and destroyed the final boss in no time.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2008, 11:03:12 AM »

Yeah, I clocked in at 100 hours for FFXII and still didn't finish all the hunts and complete all the sidequests. Granted, I wasn't using a guide or anything, but that's a lot of content (and grinding) for one game. It was a lot of fun though.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"

I was planning to go that route, but after the remaining hunts became too ridiculously hard, I just went and beat the game. I wasn't even near level 100 and didn't have any super weapons, and destroyed the final boss in no time.

I stopped at the second best hunter rank.  From what I read on gamefaqs, the last hunt takes literally hours to beat.  You probably made the right decision

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »

Tales of the Abyss - I made it to Akzeriuth:
Code:
Then all sorts of craziness happened! Granted, it was damn obvious that Van was up to something. I didn't expect the Luke/Asch revelation, though. He's a friggin "replicant"? WTF? I thought they we're going to be brothers or something. I'm a bit bothered by this, as there was no mention of "replicants" or anything like them up to this point.
Plus, everyone blaming Luke for the fall of Akzeriuth is a bit harsh. He was just totally naive and would never think that his mentor was up to no good.

Now I'm in that underground city that has a cool vibe about it.

I may try and mix in some GoW2 this weekend as well. Just because it's awesome.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: April 19, 2008, 04:29:21 AM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Quote from: "daschrier"

I stopped at the second best hunter rank.  From what I read on gamefaqs, the last hunt takes literally hours to beat.  You probably made the right decision
Yeah, I gave up when I saw how a massive quickening chain made almost no difference to Fafnir's health, and realised how much of my life would be wasted in getting Tournesol. The last boss was easy compared to that massive dragon. :P
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: April 19, 2008, 05:16:14 AM »

I wish Brawl would stop being so addicting; it's ruining my life! :P
And yet...I love it so...

Still haven't nabbed all the stickers yet. So, you know...nzdkngjsbgka.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: April 19, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »

Edit: Not pissed at FFXII anymore. It's called better preperation. Finally got through Pharos and started up a game of Grandia 3, along with getting to Mt. Gagazet in FFX.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: April 19, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »

I'm at the last event in Chapter 5 of Mana Khemia. This game is addictive, especially when you find a new recipe or find some ingredients for an item you haven't made yet. Then you make it, and then you can make 5 more items. Then the grow book just starts filling out more and more. Awesome.

Fiddling around with Rondo of Swords. I'm not quite sure what to think of it...
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: April 19, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »

I got to chapter 3 in Mana Khemia. While it's definitely gotten better, it's still just so so; nothing has really made me say "holy crap" or "that's freakin' awesome" just yet.

I've found a new appreciation for the Growth Book, though. I originally thought that it was used to power up the synthesis items that you made, but once I figured out that the stat boosts you get apply to your actual characters, it gave me a lot more incentive to play the game like it's supposed to be played: By synthesizing every freakin' thing you possibly can.

I wish I could battle as Sulpher. He's cooler than the rest of the cast members combined.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: