Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 03:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143081 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2008, 12:17:56 AM »

Beat Wonder Boy in Monster World on a whim. I was stuck and frustrated at the final boss way back, but I booted it back up and messed around, getting a lot more spells and a secret heart. I thought I maxed them out, but I was wrong! I hunted down the rest of the secret ones and truly maxed it out, got even more magic by trading two gemstones, then beat the final boss. Christ, the game's fun but it's kind of poorly designed.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2008, 01:18:58 AM »

Fuck Burnout. I have now have my first every broken controller due to the frustration caused by that game. I haven't played a whole lot since I broke it yesterday, but I'm currently installing the 25 GIGABYTE Age of Conan GameSpot PVP Weekend installation. Which is fucking insane. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to download the game because the GameSpot servers were sucking some major cock. But FunCom has their own downloader, so I was able to get that downloaded earlier tonight. But 25GB for a PVP weekend?! I actually had to uninstall about four games to get this on my hard drive. Let's just hope it's good... (which, of course, I will let you guys know).
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »

Smash Bros. is still eating my time and motivation away from everything else. I checked my data and apparently I've played it for over 100 hours now.

I tore through my sticker factory last night and collected my last 11 stickers. I also made a map full of springs. It's a lot of fun with four people, but can get frustrating.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2008, 01:01:41 PM »

Been kinda on hold for console games as of lately.  My parents are getting me a hdtv for my graduation gift+birthday gift since they bought my sister furniture in her apartment where she was doing her residency a couple years ago for her gift.  So i'm going to hold out until graduation (I dont even have my ps2 with me at the moment so it's not like I have a lot to choose from).  My parents offered it to me and even though I felt bad about it at first, I couldn't really turn it down. After looking around I'm surprised how much prices have come down and have become much more affordable.

Anyways, been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2.  I finally rocked my old best damage and kill record in one round yesterday.  I probably won't be beating my new record anytime soon but that's okay.  At least this time it's with my favorite class.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Beat Wonder Boy in Monster World on a whim. I was stuck and frustrated at the final boss way back, but I booted it back up and messed around, getting a lot more spells and a secret heart. I thought I maxed them out, but I was wrong! I hunted down the rest of the secret ones and truly maxed it out, got even more magic by trading two gemstones, then beat the final boss. Christ, the game's fun but it's kind of poorly designed.

Yeah, I got stuck on the final boss years ago and quit. I'm with you though, it's charming and the areas are interesting but there are parts that are pretty broken. Regardless, it's one of the few action/adventure-type games that I've ever really gotten into.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »

Slowly getting more into Mana Khemia...hoping an addiction soon starts.

I also started up Silent Hill 4, since I did never finish it...started from the beginning, so far so good...ghosts just annoy the crap out of me though, especially when i'm trying to explore and figure out where to go next.

Finished 2 cases in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney....right now i'm in the middle of the third with oldbag haha.  Love the game still, making train rides more enjoyable for me.  

Probably good I'm not too addicted to any one game, since fes will be in my hands soon enough :-)

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2008, 12:54:04 AM »

Friday was payday, so I stopped by the EB close to work and nabbed FFT: War of the Lions and Arcana Heart.

FFT -- The battle engine is so fucking slow.  It's really as bad as everyone says.  If it was any other game besides FFT, it'd be unplayable.  ...But since FFT is pure gold wrapped cocks from outer space, I need to stick it out a bit longer.

Arcana Heart -- Once I read about the game's mechanics, it became a fucking great game.  End boss is cheap as fuck, but the battle engine is pretty decent.

Also, my wife talked me into starting the third Phoenix Wright game tonight, despite not wanting to start another game in the series so soon.  ...Pretty great so far.  I like playing as Mia.  Good times.  Young Phoenix is a twat.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »

FFT - Still chugging through chapter 2. Having 3 monks makes the game a bit easier.

FF XII- Now I'm just grinding for levels and gil, to buy the best equipment I can buy, most of the important magicks, the few good techs, and a shitload of items. I'll probably end up over-preparing and destroy the final bosses like I did in Persona 3.

Grandia 3 - Got to Arcriff Temple. I <3 the battle system, probably the best turn-based system out there.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 21, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »

Alternating between two games that hate me, but want me to love them: Monster Hunter Freedom and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :)  When I need a break from that, still playing the Mythos beta.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: April 21, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »

Almost done with Chapter 6 of Mana Khemia. I'm nearing the halfway point of completion of a few character's grow books. Still moving along.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: April 21, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »

I finished Assassin's Creed, which is one of the most repetitive games I have ever played in my life. I loved it at the beginning, hated it at the end. I have no clue how the developers let that heppen to the game, did they not play it? Anywho, I am now 4 hours or so into Rondo of Swords. I like it so far, but it is definitely hard at spots (much like Fire Emblem).

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2008, 01:18:42 PM »

Started playing Psychonauts a few days ago, and all I have to say is:

Wow.

What a breath of fresh air. I usually don't play 3d platformers too much, but this game is impressing me in almost every way so far. Only annoying thing for me, really, is the camera, though it's not as bad as it could be.

I currently
Code:
just finished the Milkman Conspiracy stage and collected the first stolen brain.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »

Got Super Robot Taisen OG 2.  Love these games.  LOVE THEM.

Also WoWing it up.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: April 21, 2008, 06:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
I finished Assassin's Creed, which is one of the most repetitive games I have ever played in my life. I loved it at the beginning, hated it at the end. I have no clue how the developers let that heppen to the game, did they not play it? Anywho, I am now 4 hours or so into Rondo of Swords. I like it so far, but it is definitely hard at spots (much like Fire Emblem).

I don't understand why people say this. AC had the deepest combat system I've ever seen in a free roaming game. The worlds were huge and it was up to the player to decide what missions they would undertake and what parts of the story they'd uncover.

People say it's repetitive, but it's one of the most constantly engaging games I've ever played. It's like the AC I went through is totally different to the one everyone else has played.

[/url]
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: April 21, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Quote from: "Blace"

I don't understand why people say this. AC had the deepest combat system I've ever seen in a free roaming game. The worlds were huge and it was up to the player to decide what missions they would undertake and what parts of the story they'd uncover.

People say it's repetitive, but it's one of the most constantly engaging games I've ever played. It's like the AC I went through is totally different to the one everyone else has played.

I honestly think that AC is a love it or hate it kind of game. There is no in-between to be found. I thought the combat system was anything BUT engaging. Waiting for a guard to attack you so you can counter is very boring, and this happens alot because you are constantly attacked by multiple guards making it impossible to melee attack without getting ripped apart.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: