Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 07:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337785 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143461 times)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: June 04, 2008, 09:34:21 PM »

I picked up a PSP and am surprisingly having a blast with the games I got with it so far.  I am for example enjoying Valhalla Knights (which reminds me a lot of a real-time Wizardry).  I haven't decided if I should return my used Disgaea (which I got at the same time) and get the PSP remake; maybe I should since playing on the PSP is fun and if I ever get around to getting an HD tv I could play it on a big screen too.  Hmm.  I actually forgot about the remake/port until I went to get a few other games and noticed it was in there.  Oops. -_-

My only disappointment is that I couldn't play my new PSP on my old TV.  The accessory said I could, but that's only for stuff other than games, which, uh, is kind of the reason why I got it.  And while I could hook it up for the speakers, voice acting levels seem to be really off then (something I noticed in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 04, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
My only disappointment is that I couldn't play my new PSP on my old TV.  The accessory said I could, but that's only for stuff other than games, which, uh, is kind of the reason why I got it.

That was sad for me too - if I remember right, it's not really clear from the packaging that you can only play movies on old-style TVs.  I really wanted to be able to hook that puppy up to my laptop (I have a USB video in card) and record videos or even just play on a nice, big screen. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:02 AM »

PSP outputs in progressive, which is why you need an HDTV or EDTV to play the PSP on a TV, but I agree, the cable accessorie doesn't really explain it well.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: June 05, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
 I also managed to snag Wii Fit for my sister today which was something of a miracle:)

Lucky!  I have been looking everywhere for a wii fit, I honestly didn't think it'd be that big of a deal to get.  Now I regret not pre-ordering :-(.  Hopefully I'll find it eventually.  I was undecided on it and now that I can't get it I think that's one of the main reasons I want it even more haha.

As for gaming, Mario Kart has taken over my life.  Seriously...it's the most fun I've had on the wii in a long time.  Addiction doesn't even begin to explain...I love playing people worldwide online.  I'll have to write down my code and post it in the wii thread, so I can play with people on the board.  Anyway, pretty much every other game I am playing has been on hold due to that...I've done my tartarus trips in P3...end of august almost to the full moon...I'll get there eventually when I put down Mario Kart.  Thinking about putting away Mana Khemia for a bit...just going to casually play it for now.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: June 05, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

Beat chapter 9 in Disgaea. One of my favorite chapters in the game.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Quote from: "Losfer"
Metal Gear Solid 3 -- So very hard.  ...Even on very easy.  Hm.  I have come to the conclusion I suck at video games.  :P

Found Tales of Phantasia on the GBA for 9.99 today.  Sure it's not the best port of the game, but it was in flawless condition, so...

I thought MGS3 was the easiest of the "solid" games.

See, my problem was /having no idea what to do/.  I was running up to guys with my AK-47 equipped and hitting Square in an attempt to snap their necks.  ...I read some of the manual and quickly realized i was doin it rong.

Plus...  Infinite use tranq gun.  Realized it was quite easy then.  Feel a bit foolish playing it on VERY EASY...  ...But I'm still having a blast.  I have seven days to finish this so...

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: June 05, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »

The Age of Empires: Mythologies announcement spurred me to get back into the first AoE on DS. Man, that last Joan of Arc mission is fucking HARD.

I also nabbed No More Heroes. I don't think I've ever struggled that hard to beat the first boss of a post-16 bit game. :(

<3 the game, though. 2008 is shaping up to be The Year When I Finally Get Into Action Games.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: June 05, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »

Been playing some Condemned, Atelier Iris 2 and Lunar. I just got into God Hand and it fuckin' rules. I have to check in on other Clover Studio games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »

Playing more Zelda:PH, it's growing on me again, so it really was best to just stick to a single game.

The closest I have to completion but haven't is actually HL2, but I'm waiting on that Steam Cloud thing so I can take my save to a more powerful computer (and one without a display that flakes out on that game) and finish it on that.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: June 05, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
I picked up a PSP and am surprisingly having a blast with the games I got with it so far.  I am for example enjoying Valhalla Knights (which reminds me a lot of a real-time Wizardry).

Yeah, Valhalla Knights gut ripped on pretty hard by a lot of people, and to be fair, it's very uninspired. But, something about the slow and steady methodology required to conquer the game appeals to me. Almost every criticism I read about the game, I'm like, "That's true," but I like it all the same.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: June 06, 2008, 12:03:04 AM »

Well, Metroid Prime 3 is over and done with.  Jesus, talk about a disappointment.  It needed way more difficulty and way less sticking power-ups out in plain fucking sight.  Thankfully it got better as it went, but it's still a far cry from the majesty of the first two Primes.

I need something dense after playing that skeleton of a Metroid game.  I think I feel my yearly playing of Planescape:  Torment coming on. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #971 on: June 06, 2008, 01:33:57 AM »

Beat Mass Effect.  It was shorter than I expected, but I'm not one to go out on a huge collection of sidequests.  It was still a lot longer than Fable, though.  Review soon.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 06, 2008, 01:43:01 AM »

It's not too long if you go on a sidequest binge, about 40 hours I recall. Though that's pretty damn long if you look at it as a shooter.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #973 on: June 06, 2008, 03:07:17 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
It's not too long if you go on a sidequest binge, about 40 hours I recall. Though that's pretty damn long if you look at it as a shooter.

I think even with the sidequests, I'd top out at 22, max.  It only took me 14 hours to beat the main quest.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: June 06, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »

Finished up AI2 last night.

Final boss was relatively tough compared to the rest of the game, beat him on my 2nd try.

Started up AI3 right after.
Only put an hour in, so I'm still in the tutorial phase, but I'm glad there are no random battles, I'm sick of those. Combat feels much more arcade like, which is cool.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: