Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 02:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338116 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143537 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: June 09, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

D-Rider wrote:
Well, I've been playing Morrowind for about the ten thousandth time as of late. :P I'm doing the thief thing this time, which I haven't really done since the game was fresh. It's amazing how good this game can look with one of the fan-made texture packs.

Yeah, Morrowind was the shit. I only had it for the regular old X-Box but I still have fond memories. I find myself wishing for my old Khajiit from that game while playing Oblivion:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »

Beat chapter 10 in Disgaea. Besides that, haven't been gaming too much the past week.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »

Rather than moving on to Super Paper Mario I'm playing God of War II and Final Fantasy V Advance. Phantom Hourglass left enough of a bad taste in my mouth that I really don't want to play another overly mouthy Nintendo game right away... Though I'd probably enjoy it a lot more than PH.

Anyways, over half way through GoWII, playing almost twice as far as I was before picking it back up, and FFV I've been getting a hang of again and am about two thirds of the way through the game,
Code:
being a good part of the way through Exdeath's dungeon.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: June 10, 2008, 04:33:02 AM »

Gave FF tactics advance a try. Judge system and story suck, but those were flaws I knew about and accepted before I played.

I like building up my characters and the whole clan thing. But it's like the game whispers to me 'You're putting effort into a game that's not very good'. It does this by displaying advanced battle tactics like white mages running to the front lines and meleeing me for 1 damage. Which is bad AI even before you take counter attack into account.

Eh, I've liked games I've acknowledged as bad before. SMT:Kuzonoha raidou for example. Clunky, repetitive and your cat holds your hand through the whole story. But the game had style. FFTA doesn't have style, but it has a class system that I'm a sucker for. Still, I'm leaning against continuing it and just digging out the original to get my fix.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: June 10, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Quote from: "Losfer"

Started Twin Snakes.  Pretty good compared to the first one.  I hate the Matrix cam during some scenes though.

God, now I'm pissed off all over again at that game just from thinking about all the stupid shit that goes on.  Make sure you pay rapt attention to the rooftop helicopter fight where Snake

Code:
jumps on a fucking missile like Mario on a Goomba.

Looking back, I believe my waning interest in Japanese games started at that very instant.

Oh, God.  I remember you going on about that awhile ago, actually.  Although, to be honest, my mind remembers it as
Code:
"Snake surfing on a missile."  :P

Last night I decided against playing anything that would wind me up (IE Metal Gear) and decided to go with the opposite (IE Riviera. Apollo Justice).

Nothing much happened during either game.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: June 10, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »

Super Paper Mario:  Well, I'm done with this shit.  Chapter 6-1 is by far the worst thing I've had to slog through in recent gaming memory.  Four Nintendo games purchased for the system, four disappointments.  If it weren't for the Crystal Chronicles sim thing, it'd be little better than a fucking paperweight.  I should have saved up for a PS3. :P

Diablo 2:  I decided to make an amazon that invests in nothing but passives...and uses a dagger.  Out of all the dumb builds I've experimented with over the years, this may well be the champ. :P

Morrowind:  Damn, I forgot how awesome the dagger you get for becoming the big cheese of the Morag Tong is.  One stab= 30 second energy leech and blindness.  I'm enjoying stabbing them once and watching their energy drop to nothing. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: June 10, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »

I finished up Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3.  Beat MGS3 almost completely in one sitting, absolutely loved it.  MGS2 storyline just didn't cut it for me, but I'm sure it'll tie into MGS4 quite well.  Now I gotta wait 2 days for MGS4, what should I play in the mean time?  

Either going to replay through Suikoden for like the 5th time or possibly start up Wild Arms Alter Code F.  I've played Wild Arms to 75% completion atleast 3 times but never beaten the game.  Also debating on starting a game of Vagrant Story.  I buy way too many RPG's, I cannot believe how many PS1 RPG's I own that I've never even played.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: June 11, 2008, 12:42:57 AM »

I'm really enjoying Lost Odyssey. Not as much as I was Okami, but still a heck of a lot.

Just got
Code:
Sarah.

Grinding for levels and SP in Numara Atoll is tedious, but it's really paying off.  One thing that's bugging me is having to learn, say White Magic level 4 after I've already learned level 7. I can use the level 4 magic, but since I never learned the skill specifically for that level it doesn't count towards the achievement. Having to catch up with those skills is a bit of a drag.

Honestly, the story doesn't interest me at all. It's bad. But the characters are fantastic. I take issue with Damian's dismissal of Jansen's voice actor, as well. I think he's pretty good. I like the character a lot.

[/url]
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:35 AM »

Castlevania PoR -- Got the BAD END.  Currently attempting to fix that.  :P

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »

When I'm home, been doing the Wii Fit.  Picked up Rock Band again, but didn't really stick with it.  This weekend, I bought the House of the Dead two-fer on the Wii, but didn't get a chance to play yet.  Also got a game for the PSP called Alien Syndrome.  Will probably post a review to the site when I'm done.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: June 11, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
Also got a game for the PSP called Alien Syndrome.  Will probably post a review to the site when I'm done.

Beyond the exceptionally repetitive game play (even for the dungeon crawler genre), this game is a good time. The environments and enemies are pretty interesting and the different weapons/classes present (somewhat) diverse approaches to all the combat. It's also very long for this type of game.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1001 on: June 11, 2008, 09:18:56 PM »

Mostly just been playing bouts of Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, and Tekken 5 when I get some free time.  Tekken Tag has to have some of the best music I've ever heard in a fighting game.  No RPGing at the moment.  Though this past weekend, I got about 8 endings in Fatal Hearts (an indie Japanese style visual novel by a western developer.)

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1002 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
When I'm home, been doing the Wii Fit.  Picked up Rock Band again, but didn't really stick with it.  This weekend, I bought the House of the Dead two-fer on the Wii, but didn't get a chance to play yet.  Also got a game for the PSP called Alien Syndrome.  Will probably post a review to the site when I'm done.

DLC really extends the life of the game; I dunno if you're just playing the songs on the disc, but it's worth it to toss $30 on your PSN account and buy 15 songs or so.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: June 11, 2008, 11:57:06 PM »

Not a whole lot of gaming recently due to an absurd amount of school related activities. I did have a Rock Band party at my house last night which reminded me why I love that game so much.

Also, my computer is broken, so no PC gaming for me (not that I was doing much anyways).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 12, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »

I beat God of War II. It's an amazing improvement over the first. Not very different, but the rebalancing, elimination of really obnoxious stuff that was in GoWI, and new additions like the boss battles REALLY made a difference. Probably helped I was in the right mindset for it.

Played some more FFV too, and am at
Code:
the third, unified world
, but I'm not picking up anything else in my backlog due to the advent of MGS4.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: