Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 11:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142374 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:19 AM »

I picked up Skate for the 360 with a half-empty gift card and played that up to the board sponsor selection. Lot's of fun, although I do kind of miss the demo. That's not to say I regret purchasing the full game, but it seems like I had more fun finding a way to enjoy myself in a defined space than I do having free reign over the whole city. I just get too distracted with all of the different places to skate. But it's still a good time.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »

Been playing more of FFX lately.  Beat the first blitzball match on my first try and finally have Auron in my party now.  I've actually been playing a lot of blitzball, kinda getting addicted to it haha.

In P3, I finished Mitsuru's S. Link.  Actually out of all the girls (meaning between her, yukari and fuuka's) I liked Mitsuru's best.  In the begining it was a little boring and lame, but as it progressed I really came to like the S. link.  Still struggling against death...blah.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »

Tales of the Abyss - Over 60 hours now, with all characters around lvl 50.
I am at Mt. Roneal.
At this point in the game you would think that I would have a good grasp of the battle system and its intricacies, but I mainly just button mash with the occasional arte thrown in. Seems to work ok. I never quite figured out how to use the colored rings on the ground properly. I seem to trigger them by accident sometimes, though. I'm just not in to any kind of customization.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: July 28, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

I must've flown through TotA. I beat it at level 69 or so at 47 hours in with minimal level grinding, only Arrietta in the beginning of the game.

--

Chapter 3 in FFT, and the plot still jumps all over the place...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

I've been playing LostWinds for the past hour.  This is the kind of shit I bought a Wii for:  motion controls that aren't gimmicky as all hell.  Companies could learn a lot from this little game.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: July 28, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »

Got Megaman ZX Advent.  Im doing the beginners mode since I usually suck at megaman games, but so far its been almost to easy.  Otherwise its been pretty fun.  The storyline and voices arent great, but they arnt necessarily bad, and the gameplay is still there.

I have Soul Calibur IV on the way, but of course itll sit there for a bit till I get my albino bastard fixed.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: July 28, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »

Level 24 in Puzzle Quest.

I'm using a knight, and my morale's at level 43. I have a mirror shield, mirror armor, and mirror helm equipped. Playing on hard mode. For most battles all I have to do is watch the enemy kill itself. I'm using Erik's Bow, so I'm hitting for +9 damage with a 3 skull match. A few levels ago I was having a lot of trouble, but now the only real challenge is sieging castles.

[/url]
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: July 28, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

I'm finished with The Tower of Babil in FFIV DS, and now I have Edge. I still think he is a poor party member when compared to Yang, but he seems more resilient than he has been in the past. Maybe I won't just have to leave him KO'd during most boss battles now.

Time to get an airship upgrade, and then I think it is time to head for Feymarch.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 29, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Level 24 in Puzzle Quest.

I loved that game.  It's more RPG than many people realize - the way you improve your character and the class you choose really make a huge difference in how the game plays.

Been goofing around with Arkanoid on the DS lately and finished it last night.  Of course, that's not really saying much...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: July 29, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »

Got my copy of Soulcalibur IV.  I traded some crap in at EB and...  Actually got change in return.  ...Well, a penny.  Whatever.

Anyway, they bought my copy of Animal Crossing DS for 17 bucks.  Drawn to Life, 12.  ...That was four dollars more than what I paid for it in the first place!  Cool.

Anyway, I need to wait till I get home to play it which makes me sad.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: July 29, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »

I had to urge to play Disgaea again, but I bought Disgaea 2 instead and have been playing it a lot since yesterday, and I'm at the last stage of chapter 7. The second stage in the game where I need to level-grind.

I only have three beefs with this game. Adell isn't pure ownage like Laharl is in battle, and gunners can only shoot straight, now. And Tink sucks balls in battle. Well, my range attackers are low-leveled, still in the teens, so I need to do some grinding...
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: July 29, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »

I picked up Sould Calibur IV today but haven't gotten around to playing yet. Hooray for the graveyard shift:(.  I'm definitely using Yoda for the first match though.

I'm also doing a lot of hunts in FFXII.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: July 30, 2008, 12:02:04 AM »

I've been playing a bit of Neverwinter Nights 2. Or at least trying to play. Everything I've heard about the camera being shit is pretty close to true, and dear sweet Jesus it runs like a quadriplegic while outdoors. The camera I can at least manage, but there's no excuse for why the game doesn't run as well as any other game from two years ago. Decent fun though. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the D&D rule set.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: July 30, 2008, 12:02:28 AM »

...Leviathon is kicking the shit out of me in FFIV DS. Two attacks and my party is pretty well finished. I've never had this problem fighting him before.

As soon as I figure out Leviathon I'll be heading for the Sealed Cavern.

UPDATE: So I beat Leviathon and it was all thanks to my man Kain. I have no idea how many times my entire party has lain on the ground and Kain finished the bosses solo, but it happened again against Leviathon. Once again I'm reminded why Kain is my favorite.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: July 30, 2008, 12:29:03 AM »

Beat LostWinds today.  Beat Trapt also.  Beat The Misadventures of Tron Bonne too.  Kinda odd that it worked out like that. :P

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: