Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335292 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143274 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 30, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

Beat Song Summoner last night.  On to FFTA2.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: July 30, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »

Traded in some games I never got very far in and wasn't going to play anymore and picked up Soucalibur IV. Darth Vader FTW!

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: July 30, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

Soulcalibur IV is the best fighting game I have ever played that's not called Dead or Alive.  Although, the charater roster is a bit more balanced than DoA.  Here are all the chick characters you will play as and here are some useless male characters that no one plays with ever.  Whereas with Soulcalibur, even some of the folks with dicks are playable.  And I don't just mean Talim.

Anyway, I have just about everyone unlocked as using in game currency to unlock most of everyone is a little too simple.  The Apprentice was hard, but I kicked his ass eventually with Vader, so I have him unlocked too.

The graphics are amazingly gorgeous.  Probably better imo than MGS4.  Just for the fact that there is colour in this game.  Setsuka's kimono is a great example of this.

Speaking of which, I never realized that she's actually a pretty kick ass character.  I've been playing as her, Talim, Taki, Siegfried, and Vader a lot.

I like this new Tower of Challenges, or whatever, but I would have liked a straight forward normal every day Survival mode.

[EDIT]

Blace, you posted at the same time I did.  :P

We still have to have a few matches.  But I don't know what my PSN name is atm, so...  I will update when I get home.  :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: July 30, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

Alrighty. You can shoot me a PM if you like. I need to train up a bit though :P.

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: July 30, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »

Finished off Mt. Ordeals last night in FFIV. I also downloaded Puzzle Quest off of XBLA a couple of nights ago and played a few battles of it.

I need to get back into the swing of playing games instead of messing around on-line so much.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: July 30, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

Hey Lossie-poo, have you played Arcana Heart for Playstation 2 at all?  I think that's a fighter right up your alley.  It has an all female character roster and actually has a deep and complex system that takes some time to work with.  It ain't quite Guilty Gear but it's a damn good 2D fighter.  

I normally prefer to play female characters as well in fighting games, but go figure in Guilty Gear X2, my favorite is Zappa.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: July 30, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

I had a few Wii points left over after buying LostWinds, so I decided to invest them in Super Mario 64.  I haven't played this game in at least seven or eight years, so I kinda expected it to have at least semi-failed the test of time.  But instead of the blocky, pointy mess I was expecting, I got awesome.  The fact that this is still fantastic after twelve years just makes Mario Sunshine all the worse if you ask me. :P

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:08 PM »

I think I'm almost done Atelier Irs 2. I thought that like 4 hours ago but I'm thinking it again. I really want to play FF4 whenever I get home but I can't because if I stop playing AI2 now I'll probably never pick it up again. After beating that I'm totally going to play the hell out of FF4, playing the little I have so far I have already died once, I think it's been at least 2 years since I've died in an RPG.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: July 30, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
The fact that this is still fantastic after twelve years just makes Mario Sunshine all the worse if you ask me. :P

QFT

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: July 31, 2008, 12:25:10 AM »

I'm inside the Giant of Babil in FFIV DS. Fusoya sucks. I seem to remember him not being great but he is nearly useless right now. Anyway, I'm actually ready for the game to be finished. I've decided that in spite of the facelift it is inferior to FFIV Advance.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1300 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:20 AM »

Picked up a couple of games this week:

Resistance since it went Greatest Hits
FFIV DS
MLB Power Pros 2008

What did I do?

I played Nobunaga's Fucking Ambition and Tales of the Abyss all week.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 31, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
I played Nobunaga's Fucking Ambition and Tales of the Abyss all week.

I replayed Actraiser, and whimsically replayed Portal in the middle of THAT.

Though to be fair FFIV is kind of from 1991, and isn't too dissimilar from its original incarnation.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: July 31, 2008, 04:06:34 AM »

SCIV is awesome. I think I have just about everything unlocked and i'm itching to go online, hopefully tomorrow.  I would seriously love to play against you PS3 people in a Yoda/Vader grudge match. Yoda's a bit lacking in reach but he's super quick and could be quite devastating in skilled hands.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: July 31, 2008, 07:37:32 AM »

replaying ff6 - its been awhile, and wow - it really is better than most jrpgs i've played this gen
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »

Been playing Grandia 3...

Despite all the moaning about this game, it did get decent reviews, and it isn't any worse than Grandia 1. I feel like I spend 90% of my time watching cutscenes and talking to NPCs though.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: