Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142898 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: August 08, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
yeah I skipped 2

play it damn it

Franziska = Win own awesome great.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: August 08, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »

Very much considering it even though Trials and Tribulations kinda spoiled Maya's home village case.  It's $12 used at my local gamestop so I may pick it up when DQ4 or ToV comes out

When I first bought trials and tribulations, for some reason I thought that trials and tribulations was the 2nd game (but I should have known that I was wrong because I know Olga Von Freizenska is in the 2nd one).

Also was hoping my friend would be able to loan me the 2nd one and save $12, but apparently when he moved out, his mom loaned his games to her co-worker and he hasn't been able to get them back since (or that one is missing).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: August 08, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

Played some FFX tonight and just finished up the stuff at the command center, so i'm dealing with the aftermath of the events and now on the djose highroad.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

Finished off the Tower of Zot with little trouble thanks to my level grinding sessions.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: August 09, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »

Still playing PSO.  My FOmar can clear rooms like a motherfucker, but single targets are frustrating as hell.  I've never had as much trouble with the Episode 2 Temple boss as I did this time around.  The thought of slogging through the caves and fighting the creature that boss was patterned after does not fill me with joy. :P

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: August 09, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

Quote from: "Dangerous Person"
Code:
Rutee and Leon ARE SIBLINGS WTF

Code:
-is being overly cautious- I know. And I so wanted to pair them, too.

No.  The only person to pair Leon with is Stahn.  Leon's tough as nails side needs a gentle country boy to cool his heart.  ...And heat his loins.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: August 09, 2008, 09:03:11 PM »

I started Ar Tonelico and am quite far into it. I've also been playing Final Fantasy 4 DS; I'm about to head to the Tower of Babil.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: August 10, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »

I just beat Braid, and there is this very profound, mellow feeling that has washed over me similar to how I feel after finishing a great movie. It's a really fantastic game, and I don't regret purchasing it at all. Highly recommended to anyone.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: August 10, 2008, 02:53:09 AM »

Since I finally got some gainful employment here's what I've picked up

Drakengard 1&2
Escape From Monkey Island
Ico
Jade Cocoon 2
LOK Soul Reaver 2
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Need For Speed Carbon
Okami
Ratchet & Clank (the first one for PS2)

Yeah, they're all PS2 - but both NFS's and Ratchet were $5 each, and Soul Reaver, Monkey Island and Drakengard 1 were $6 each.

It was only Ico, Okami and Jade Cocoon 2 that were somewhat expensive - though none over $30, so I'm pretty happy with the games I've been able to find. There's a great used store in the city that I'm happy to support as both a game store and a local store that's not a chain.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: August 10, 2008, 04:13:49 AM »

Playing DQ games. Got to Romaly in DW3, beat Timesage in DW7 (THAT was a weird, weird, weird fight), and did the stuff with Red in DQ8. Gonna look for stuff for the alchemy pot.

Also doing CT and CC. Mt. Pyre and the sidquesty, endgame stuff, irrespectively.

Will be doing some Ultima 7 and Ablion, soonish. I hope.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 10, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
There's a great used store in the city that I'm happy to support as both a game store and a local store that's not a chain.

Wow - those are tough to find these days.  Congrats!

Also, Monkey Island is the greatest island ever.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: August 10, 2008, 10:50:18 AM »

Bought Braid.

Wished it was a little bit longer. Everything was very clever except for world 4. I hated world 4. All the other levels I figured out for myself, but I could only get a couple puzzle pieces on world 4. Had to use a youtube guide.

It's not so bad now that I know how to handle it, but man- the stage is sadistic.

[/url]
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: August 10, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
Quote from: "Lard"
There's a great used store in the city that I'm happy to support as both a game store and a local store that's not a chain.

Wow - those are tough to find these days.  Congrats!

Also, Monkey Island is the greatest island ever.

Yeah, I couldn't believe I found Ico - it only took me four years.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: August 10, 2008, 02:24:02 PM »

Did the rainbow shell sidequest in CT.

Started playing Secret of Mana again. Up to Kippo Village. Gonna kill some monsters so I can get some new armor before heading on to the Haunted Forest. I don't have a problem with grinding in action RPGs, honestly. Anyway, this probably kills my chances of trying to play SD3 again, and as a positively massive LOM fan I really, really wish Square would do another game in the style of SoM. Actually though since I'm playing them both, I'm really surprised at how similar CT and SoM feel.

---edit---

Just did Sun Keep and repeatedly failed at Ozy's Fort somehow GODdamn. I'm gonna get the Rainbow+Sunstone stuff before I finish off the sidequest things.

Then I'll probably spend a few hours collecting dolls and cats I have no idea.

Anyway, I'm working on a Blog Post about Chrono Trigger and Cross. It's up to five pages so far. I'll post it when it's done and link to the blog somewhere.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: August 11, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »

I went and gambled last weekend and won $500, so I decided to splurge on some games (and clothes). I've been getting back into DDR, so I went ahead and got DDR Max 2, Supernova, and Supernova 2 for the PS2. I also picked up Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Wii and Blue Dragon for the 360.

As for what I'm playing, I've been devoting my time more to FFTA2 and DDR. Kinda stuck in FFTA2 with that Antlion boss, whose attack affects everyone in my party and takes out a huge chunk of their HP, so I'm just completing quests for the time being and trying to get higher-level jobs. It takes forever to accumulate ability points it seems. As for DDR, I'm messing around with the Hyper Master Mode in DDR Supernova 2 and having lots of fun. I'm trying to unlock Arrabiatta or whatever that song is, but it's too hard with the crappy dancepad that I have. I need to upgrade my dancepad to something more durable and stationery, the thing keeps shifting when I play.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: