Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331954 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 142500 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: August 11, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »

Carcassonne and Catan on XBLA, a bit of GTAIV, and lots of Rock Band. Finally beat the Drum Career on Hard. Fucking Run to the Hills.

Edit: Almost forgot, RezHD and Ikaruga demo. I tried to beat Area 3 in Rez, but the boss shat all over me. And Ikaruga is too hard to warrant a purchase.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »

Man, I beat Atelier Iris 2 and it completely wasn't worth it. oh well live and learn, it wasn't that bad a game I guess.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: August 12, 2008, 01:19:24 AM »

Really? I enjoyed it. Gust struck a cord with me on that and Eternal Mana. I still have their other games in backlog and anticipating them.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Grandia. So much so that I wore my poor 8 year old PS1 out of commission, second one that broke on me too. Well, at least this one lasted longer than my first one. Though, I had to get a fucking 14.99 memory card adapter for my PS3 to transfer all my PS1 saves to it since my slim PS2 is freezing whenever it plays PS1 games. 15 bucks for a one time use... Other than Grandia, I've still been on P3: Fes Journey and Grandia III.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: August 12, 2008, 01:27:21 AM »

I like games where happily ever after isn't assumed, it's explained. Sure I beat the bad guy, everyone is happy and all but really after the end boss it's like 2 minutes of video and then nothing else, game over, roll credit, get a music player.

The actual game itself I have no qualms with but there's a couple other games that I've beaten that after doing so I'm just not satisfied.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 12, 2008, 01:40:55 AM »

Quote from: "Jet16"
Though, I had to get a fucking 14.99 memory card adapter for my PS3 to transfer all my PS1 saves to it since my slim PS2 is freezing whenever it plays PS1 games. 15 bucks for a one time use...

Actually, they patched it so you can move files back and forth! It's useful now in case a game is running oddly on the PS3 or something so you move back to the PS1 or 2. In fact, unless Sony decided to be jackasses and bar copying PS2 saves to the PS2 BC-less PS3s we could use those as storage devices for all the PS2 saves and not have to worry about losing saves. Heck, someone had to have made a program to use that with a PC by now.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: August 12, 2008, 02:28:05 AM »

I won't really be doing much with my PS1 saves because, so far, the PS3 seems to have no problem playing PS1 games. At least it doesn't freeze like the slimline PS2s and I get the added bonus of wireless and upscaling. I guess the adapter seems less like a waste of money if I can move the files back and forth. I'll definitely be backing up my files every now and then to justify the purchase for myself.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: August 12, 2008, 09:09:38 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I don't quite get why it's taking so long to get through the game. yes, I thought the game ended 10 hours than it actually did, but I have to be one of the slowest people to trek through an RPG and TotA took me 47 hours.

Grim Reality, I would say you're almost done storywise, but not at the pace you're playing.

ALL games take me forever to get through. I think I've been playing Abyss now for 6 months or so. I rarely, if ever, bother with side quests, and I generally don't spend excessive hours leveling(current lvls are at 56 or so). I really have no freakin idea where all the hours came from, but there they are.
FFXII took me around 110. DQVIII was 90 or so. Same with Dark Cloud 2.
Hell, even action games normally take me about double what other people say it takes them.
I wonder if its all the starting and stopping. Sometimes I'll play just a half hour at a time. Or play from one save point to the next.
Tis a mystery!

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: August 12, 2008, 10:00:05 AM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
I don't quite get why it's taking so long to get through the game. yes, I thought the game ended 10 hours than it actually did, but I have to be one of the slowest people to trek through an RPG and TotA took me 47 hours.

Grim Reality, I would say you're almost done storywise, but not at the pace you're playing.

ALL games take me forever to get through. I think I've been playing Abyss now for 6 months or so. I rarely, if ever, bother with side quests, and I generally don't spend excessive hours leveling(current lvls are at 56 or so). I really have no freakin idea where all the hours came from, but there they are.
FFXII took me around 110. DQVIII was 90 or so. Same with Dark Cloud 2.
Hell, even action games normally take me about double what other people say it takes them.
I wonder if its all the starting and stopping. Sometimes I'll play just a half hour at a time. Or play from one save point to the next.
Tis a mystery!

It must've been my experience with Tales of Symphonia that let me go through TotA, as I thought it was the easiest of the Tales I've played. And yeah, I played 4-7 hours at a time, as I hardly had any work that week....
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: August 12, 2008, 10:06:02 AM »

Free run in Tales of the Abyss crippled the difficulty and made it wicked easy.
I actually found party members were more of a nuisance to revive on higher difficulties because taking care of them alone was more reliable.

Nevertheless, I love it.
Played the secret dungeon... not nearly as stimulating looking as the Symphonia secret dungeon, but the mid-boss is a pain in the ass.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: August 12, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »

Let's see...

P3-finished the moon s. link and i wasn't too impressed with it.  oh well.  i have like 4 days left until i'm finished with the game and i keep putting it off cuz i'm so bored with the tartarus, yet i think leveling a bit more will help me in the endgame.  so, i've really slowed my pace on this game.

ffx-rikku is finally in my party, yay!  i'm now dodging lightening..it's all good fun.  

summon night twin age- i took a week break or so from the game cuz i was getting a little bored with it.  started back up and now am on chapter 14.  the story kinda reminds me of arc the lad: twlight of the spirits a bit, except arc was a lot more enjoyable to play.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"

some whiny stuff from me.

It must've been my experience with Tales of Symphonia that let me go through TotA, as I thought it was the easiest of the Tales I've played. And yeah, I played 4-7 hours at a time, as I hardly had any work that week....

I played through and very much enjoyed Symphonia. I think I recall it taking around 65 hours or so.
Also, in regards to Dices comment. I don't get why the free run makes the game easier. I don't even use it that much, because you have to hold the button down. Maybe I'm just clueless.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: August 12, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »

I downloaded Braid off Xbox Live last night, and Iím really enjoying it. The puzzles so far have been really clever, and the artwork is absolutely fucking beautiful. I didnít realise until I recently that it was all painted/drawn by artist David Hellman, who was behind a trippy little webcomic I quite liked called A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible.

If youíve got a 360, I really recommend giving it a shot. And heck, even if you donít, give it a shot when it comes to the PC in a few months.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: August 12, 2008, 01:16:50 PM »

Comparing TotA to Symphonia, yeah, I thought TotA was a lot easier, as I rarely died, only one I remember is the one against the final boss. Basically, Free Run = Never get hit by spells.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: August 12, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »

Back on the GTAIV wagon. Just finished the second big decision.

Also, is Luminous Arc worth playing? I was thinking of picking it up, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: August 12, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »

Soloing in the multiplayer mode (as absurd as that sounds) in FFCC: Ring of Fates. This is one of the few games that almost makes me wish I had friends to play it with.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: