Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335173 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Gaming Journal: The Road to Infinity  (Read 143230 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1590 on: August 29, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »

I'm playing Mercenaries 2 since my job gives me early access. It plays quite a bit like GTA of course but there's way more to it than that. It wicked. Definite purchase.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1591 on: August 29, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »

I haven't really had any time to game since my shifts are all retarded this week.  I probably won't have anytime to game till Sunday.  But I'll get in another 14 hour marathon and kill Tales of the Abyss in that time.

I found Shining Force EXA today with it's case and manual for $3.99.  And even though these latter day Shining games never really interested me...  For four bucks, I will certainly give it a try.  :P

Probably start that after TotA...

The only thing I have really played is, like, twenty minutes of killing boars in the first area in Tales of Phantasia.  So...  Yeah.  Good thing I have six days off coming up.  :P

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1592 on: August 29, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »

Exa for 4 dollars is beyond awesome. Shit, even if you pop it in for like 2 hours and toss it aside, the four bucks will be well spent. I put in almost 80 hours.

I am about to download Castle Crashers. I am about half way through with the extra stuff in LO. I may finish it offically tonight.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1593 on: August 29, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »

I thought GBA Shining Action RPG 2 was pretty neat. Not particularly deep but it was cheap and fun -- my only real problems were stuff that was only available in multiplayer and repetition. I found the mechanics to be very solid; just something you have to play in short bursts. I heard Exa was pretty similar, however, I also heard EXA had bad slowdown and that really, really made it hard to play.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1594 on: August 30, 2008, 01:29:34 AM »

I'm at the EGG station for the 2nd time now in DDS2. The party is down to 3 characters.

The game just seems to go through characters like jalapenos through my ass.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1595 on: August 30, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »

Started up Castle Crashers to find my save file had been erased. Yay!

Been working my way back up to where I was.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 30, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »

Geez, I won't be touching that game for quite awhile. Though it helps we've had a downloadable game surge and I'm mostly anticipating Megaman 9.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1597 on: August 30, 2008, 01:53:12 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Geez, I won't be touching that game for quite awhile. Though it helps we've had a downloadable game surge and I'm mostly anticipating Megaman 9.

CC really is a lot of fun, though.

I'm not really sure what happened to my save file, but eh. Whatever. It's not like I put too much time into it.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:15 AM »

I'm not usually a fan of the genre it's in (River City Ransom's all I need!) but the demo was fun enough and it appealed to me presentation-wise more than Alien Hominid did. Anyways they'll probably get everything patched up in a few months at a minimum, or so I'd hope. I've been hearing of screwy netcode too.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1599 on: August 30, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
I thought GBA Shining Action RPG 2 was pretty neat. Not particularly deep but it was cheap and fun -- my only real problems were stuff that was only available in multiplayer and repetition. I found the mechanics to be very solid; just something you have to play in short bursts. I heard Exa was pretty similar, however, I also heard EXA had bad slowdown and that really, really made it hard to play.

Both of the Shining Soul games were good for what they were.  I had a lot of fun with the first one.  A Diablo clone, but with Shining characters.  Good stuff.  As for slow down in EXA, can't be as bad as Odin Sphere, and I quite liked that one, so yeah.

Actually, that's always bugged me.  Why do we have slow down still?  Instead of pumping up the graphics any further, maybe companies should strive to fix the limitations that are already present.  One of the worst things about the beautiful and brown MGS4: Frame rate issues.  Yikes.

This all being said, Sega needs to get Camelot to make Shining Force IV.  They could make it for any system they wanted to, and I'd run out and pick it up right away.  They could make a system that costs $999 and only plays SFIV and I'd go and buy it.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1600 on: August 30, 2008, 11:09:52 AM »

Now that I've got my new computer up and running, I've decided to take all the games that didn't run well on the other one and crank them to the max.

First stop...Oblivion!  Man, it looks so good and runs so smoothly that it feels like a completely different game.  I predict another 30 hours lost to this game.

I'll probably try Neverwinter Nights 2 again too, but I had more problems with that game than poor performance. :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1601 on: August 30, 2008, 11:22:29 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
One of the worst things about the beautiful and brown MGS4: Frame rate issues.  Yikes.

I don't remember a single time while playing that game where the framerate was down.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1602 on: August 30, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »

Moar Tales of Vesperia:

About 10-12 hours in, still no main quest yet. Voice acting is decent. I like most character's voice actors except Flynn's.  The game is a bit more goofy at times than I'd prefer and I'm already very sick of "Team Rocket".  While I enjoy my time playing it, I'm definitely feeling the game is mediocre and not as good as Symphonia or Abyss, but I'm not even to the main quest yet so it's definitely a bit too soon to judge it too harshly.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1603 on: August 30, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »

Tales of Vesperia

I got my ship!
Story finished the first arc, which is I guess, getting the Blastia Core, and now they've given hints about what serious-er stuff is to come and all that jazz.
Yuri gained my All-Time-Favorite-Tales-Hero Award (because its very real... in my mind) after....
Code:
The government laws would only give Ragou a slap on the hand for all the evil shit he's done.  Yuri see's him on the bridge alone at night and assassinates him.  Way to break convention and kill a bitch who deserves it! =)

The story is a bit slow; lots of questions and side tracking.  But I'm still playing.  Despite my love for Abyss, I remember I stopped for a bit in the beginning because it was slow as well.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1604 on: August 30, 2008, 12:36:42 PM »

I played Vesperia for a little over an hour last night before I went to bed and Yuri is definitely the coolest main character of the series yet in my opinion. He's not a whiny little loser or an amnesiac trying to recover memories from the start (at least not yet). The voice acting so far is very good. Battle system is typical Tales, as is the setting and music. As long as I like it more than Abyss, I will be satisfied. Now if it can beat out Symphonia, then it would be a true accomplishment for that development team.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: