Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Fixking Scratches and Nicks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fixking Scratches and Nicks  (Read 1019 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »

I was recently plugging in my PSP to my computer and I accidentally let the USB cord whack it right on the screen. The resulting dent is really shallow and very hard to see, but it distorts the color over that specific space (it almost looks like a dead pixel, but it's only bad over bright colors). I tried using toothpaste, but that didn't work. Any tips?
Jubliee

MunkieNinja
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »

Well if the scratch is shallow, you'd want to use any sort of abrasive that's not alcohol-based or, uh, "clumpy"? I have a PSP too, and my screen had a shallow scratch because my Open button got stuck because of jelly and I used a cuticle cutter to clean the jelly out. Lo and behold, I don't specialize in precision and I scratched the top of it. I used toothpaste (Colgate Whitening) with a q-tip, and dryly wiped it off. I just looked for some other ways of fixing it, and supposedly there's mixed results for the toothpaste, vaseline and ...bananas?
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:24:22 PM »

I'm not sure what would work for a PSP screen, but I gotta tell you...  Home remedies for fixing CDs don't work.  I have been told that peanut butter, toothpaste, bananas, hand lotion, and lots more items can fix a scratch...

I really wouldn't recommend rubbing random things on your screen though.  Odds are you'll have a PSP that ends up smelling like a peanut butter, toothpaste, and banana sandwich.  ...And that still has a nick in the screen.  :P

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: